Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2019, 07:57   #526
KMT
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Its got ABS and two Airbags. However if safety is a worry for you Maruti is not for you. The new Marutis are extremely flimsy, I have had first hand experience with two new generation Marutis.

Although both cars have good mileage and reliability.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th February 2020 at 11:17. Reason: Spacing
KMT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 11:58   #527
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
As far as safety is concerned, Ignis is barebones, I think. Here's a screen shot of the Ignis brochure: No airbags, ABS/EBD... Is this true: owners kindly confirm.
Before concluding, just look slightly down on the brochure page and you will see the details (screenshot below)...

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-screenshot-20190817-2.23.36-pm.png
vb-saan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 14:00   #528
BHPian

On a much lighter note my Ignis shows a reasonably accurate Average fuel economy which is generally slightly optimistic by 1-2 kmpl suddenly became incredibly optimistic and started showing 24 kmpl ! :P
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-ignis-mid.jpg  

bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 15:26   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
and started showing 24 kmpl ! :P
This was in my Trukk (Ignis Diesel Manual) before it's first service. 50% highway 50% City with very less usage of AC.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20180319_2344102.jpg
five46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 09:52   #530
BHPian

More information on the upcoming facelift. Seems to be an almost complete redesign for the front and interior only minor tweaks on the ugly rear?

https://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-ignis-...ve-season/amp/

Last edited by bf1983 : 26th August 2019 at 09:52. Reason: Mistake
Old 1st September 2019, 13:29   #531
BHPian

20k service done. Now the driving has become more fun as the engine revs freely all across the range. The suspension has also mellowed down a bit and its comfortable now though rear jumps a bit and stiffness is felt when the car is not loaded. Stability and handling is good on highways.

The only grouse is Road noise/wind noise entering the cabin above 100 kmph.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th February 2020 at 11:17. Reason: Spacing
Old 8th October 2019, 15:22   #532
Distinguished - BHPian

My Mom who owns an Ignis AMT with less than 6,000 kms on the odometer, was complaining about a surprisingly high amount of vibrations in her car every morning. After the car started running, it was fine but when starting the engine, it really made a clatter that was quite noticeable to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
- The braking is super spongy and lacks feel. I didnt mention about this to the SVC when they took the car in for service and they returned it without adjusting it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Since my Mom gets motion sickness if we are in the ghats, I had to drive slowly irrespective of which car we had taken. Add to this, the Ignis AMTs bobbing gearbox and I had to be feather light on the throttle through the drive. The super spongy braking was annoying and since my Mom is used to the current setup I didnt ask Maruti to change it at the last service. After talking to my Mom about it during the trip, she agreed it could be better and asked me to talk to the SVC guys to adjust it to give a more linear feel.
In addition to this recent clatter, the long standing braking issue needed to be looked into. So I called up the Popular Nexa service team and asked for an appointment to get these checked and fixed. They mentioned that the had an ongoing service camp offer where the total service amount that was around Rs 2,400 (as far as I remember) would instead be only Rs 1,800. It was 5 months since the last service which meant that we would have to service the car in November. I asked them to extend the offer for my Mom's car by a couple of days since we couldnt hand over the car to Popular before the camp concluded. They happily agreed and I mentioned that the last time there was a lot of confusion regarding the driver who would pick up the vehicle and then a second driver had to be sent etc. They ensured that the driver called me the previous day as promised and he even arrived at 8 AM, once again as promised! The service advisor called me much later and I mentioned the two issues - vibrations and poor brakes.

The service advisor proceeded to tell me that these 3 and 4 cyclinder engines are like this, they have more vibrations and hence it is normal. He was also telling me that the vibrations reduce when the cubic capacity / size of the engine increases. I found this to be rather amusing to say the least and was talking to him about it. It turns out that what he explained is what they have been taught in their training sessions so I suggested that he check out other vehicles and find out the reality through first hand experience. To his credit, he took the feedback well and said he will try to further understand what I was telling him. But whoever from Maruti is responsible for these training sessions should really rethink what half truths they are propagating to the service advisors who in turn explain these to customers in good faith.

Anyways, I walked through each item that was listed as part of the service and ensured that it was all done by the book. The service manual that is. No additional charged were piled on by the service advisor. Since the service involved a general inspection and top up / adjustment only, all the costs for the service including the consumables were contained in the Rs 1,800 charge that included taxes. I insisted that the do not do the wheel alignment and balancing since everything was perfect on that front since day 1.

In the end, they reduced the total bill from Rs 1,800 to Rs 1,404 for the entire service since they did not do the wheel alignment and balancing. There was a big delay in them sending the car back, the driver said that he would leave at 15:30 but ended up coming much later after I had to follow up with them. But the work done was good. The car was clean. The brake feel has improved drastically. The clatter has gone, it was probably due to the spark plugs which were cleaned during the service.

We have had some not so great experiences earlier when it came to the Ignis's services but to their credit, Popular really did a good job this time. Thumbs up.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 08:32   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw an advertisement in newspaper today and it did show 8 cars with BS6 engine. But Ignis was missing from the list. Does it mean that Ignis will not be getting the BS6 engine and will be discontinued from April 2020? It's a nice funky little car, although it did not sell in huge numbers. At one point of time, we were seriously considering it but then WagonR came to the party. Our purchase has been put on hold for atleast an year or so and now, S-Presso may spoil even WagonR's party.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20191019_071145__01.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 11:20   #534
BHPian

A bit off topic.

Saw this review of UK model ignis on What Car YouTube channel and was surprised to hear the reviewer referring to the Ignis as a mini SUV.

Here's the review -

Regards
Nikhil

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th February 2020 at 11:17. Reason: edits / spacing
Old 20th October 2019, 11:35   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I saw an advertisement in newspaper today and it did show 8 cars with BS6 engine. But Ignis was missing from the list. Does it mean that Ignis will not be getting the BS6 engine and will be discontinued from April 2020?
Not sure about the future of the Ignis, but there are many cars from Maruti which haven't been upgraded to BS6 yet. The K15 of Ertiga and XL6 are BS6 complaint but not that of the Ciaz. Again, the K10 engines in Alto K10 and Celerio (IIRC) aren't BS6 complaint yet. Even the K10 variant of WagonR is still BS4. These are work in progress.

Regarding Ignis, its facelift is surely in the pipeline, the noticeable feature being the Brezza like U shaped grill.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 22:40   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I saw an advertisement in newspaper today and it did show 8 cars with BS6 engine. But Ignis was missing from the list. Does it mean that Ignis will not be getting the BS6 engine and will be discontinued from April 2020? It's a nice funky little car, although it did not sell in huge numbers. At one point of time, we were seriously considering it but then WagonR came to the party. Our purchase has been put on hold for atleast an year or so and now, S-Presso may spoil even WagonR's party.

Considering it uses the same 1.2l K12 engine in many Maruti cars I doubt Suzuki will discontinue it. Though yeah one of the rare Maruti failures. I love mine but its looks are a definitely quirky and its non discounted price is a little too close to the bigger Baleno which is a bigger better car. That said the Ignis is almost always heavily discounted now which makes it much cheaper than even the Swift and in a similar price range to the Wagon R.

It does need a facelift with heavy emphasis on the rear cause that is not quirky but downright an eye sore :P
bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 12:12   #537
Distinguished - BHPian

Asia's First Fully Customized Ignis:

The modification was carried out by the wizards at 360 Motoring and 02 Garage

volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 17:21   #538
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone managed to source good 5D or 7D Mats for the Ignis? Any guidance on this would be appreciated. The stock mats are not good in avoiding the dirt form getting in.
Old 12th November 2019, 18:03   #539
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Has anyone managed to source good 5D or 7D Mats for the Ignis?
I am not sure what the difference of 5/7 D mats are compared to Kagu 3D mats. However, if you are looking for the same (considering your location is mentioned as Bangalore), you can check at Hot Tracks.

I got it few months back for Ignis from there, I don't recollect the exact amount, however it was around 5K I guess.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 12:30   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I got it few months back for Ignis from there, I don't recollect the exact amount, however it was around 5K I guess.
Thanks! Ordered from Delhi and posted some pics of the Mat here: URL (Uptown Red Racer - The Maruti Ignis Delta 1.2L Automatic comes home)
vsrivatsa is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks