Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2018, 00:05   #331
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Hi T-Bhpians.
Does anybody in here facing issues during gear shifts of Ignis MT. One of my friend got some problem with his car. You will feel a solid jerk from the clutch while releasing the clutch pedal. He said it was so worse that he took it service centre and they did something and it got under control. But still it jerks slightly when shifting from 1st to 2nd at normal low rpm shifts. And no issues during high rpm shifts. Is anybody facing similar problem? I did a quick search in the forum and didn't get any matching result.
Also attaching the screen shot of the chat i had with my friend where he claims that the ASC accepted that it's a known issue and company is working on a solution.
Attached Images

Old 1st April 2018, 22:54   #332
BHPian

Hi, just got back from a 500 km weekend trip in Ignis and wanted to shares the fuel consumption for 1.2 Petrol. I got an incredible 22 kmpl at a steady 80-100 under legal permissible limits. I'm trying to attach the pic but somehow it doesn't allow me.
Old 2nd April 2018, 11:43   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
Hi, just got back from a 500 km weekend trip in Ignis and wanted to shares the fuel consumption for 1.2 Petrol. I got an incredible 22 kmpl at a steady 80-100 under legal permissible limits. I'm trying to attach the pic but somehow it doesn't allow me.
Hi hondacity,

Those are awesome FE numbers. Did you get them by a tank-full method? Or does the MID show them?
Old 2nd April 2018, 13:00   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I think all Maruti cars are tinny.
Swift Diesel has a kerb weight of around 970kg whereas the Ignis D has a kerb weight of around 870Kg.
I couldn't understand how you considered Ignis if you find Swift to be tinny!
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Sir, the new swift body is scarily tinny. I am not exaggerating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
Ignis D: 940 - 960 kgs.
Swift: 955 - 985 kgs.
I recently had a back to back test drive with the Ignis, Swift and Baleno. A simple thumb press test revealed that the Ignis felt stronger specifically on the bonnet and the doors. The lighter kerb weight is due to the use of high tensile steel which improves crash protection, reduces weight and improves the rigidity. Ignis has 50.1% high tensile steel, where as the Swift, Baleno and Dzire has 40%, 41% and 36% respectively.
Torino is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 23:44   #335
BHPian

The hatch of the Ignis is indeed of the heavier variety (compared to the other panels). This I guess has a mention in this official review too. I felt the bonnet too has a fair heft.

In comparison to the Baleno's panels, from touch and general observation, I too felt that the Baleno's sheet metal is a bit more thinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
Ignis has 50.1% high tensile steel, where as the Swift, Baleno and Dzire has 40%, 41% and 36% respectively.
Thanks for this information. Where is this provided BTW? And if these numbers are any yardstick to measure the sheet metals strength, I would be a little worried if I were to own a Dzire.

Last edited by five46 : 2nd April 2018 at 23:51. Reason: Corrected my statement about content from the official review
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 10:07   #336
Senior - BHPian

Any figures on FE with Petrol AMT? Also, the gear shift quality? What is it sales volume compared to manual? In Autocar review, there was no much appreciation for the AMT box.
Old 3rd April 2018, 12:15   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Ignis has 50.1% high tensile steel, where as the Swift, Baleno and Dzire has 40%, 41% and 36% respectively.
Quote:
Thanks for this information. Where is this provided BTW? And if these numbers are any yardstick to measure the sheet metals strength, I would be a little worried if I were to own a Dzire.
Here is the link for Ignis, Baleno, Swift and Dzire. As you can see the new Dzire has 36% high tensile steel compared to 20% for the old car, which is big leap forward.
Torino is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 14:43   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...if these numbers are any yardstick to measure the sheet metals strength, I would be a little worried if I were to own a Dzire.
These numbers doesn't exactly mean that the sheet metal of Ignis is stronger than that of DZire, rather, it says that 50% of the entire weight of the car is built with high-tensile steel. But yes, an increased percentage of use of high tensile steel may translate into the use of it in more areas of the body.

The reason why we feel sturdier sheet in Ignis compared to bigger DZire may be, that the size of the panels in Ignis is smaller than that of DZire. So, it may be just a feeling that one is sturdier while the other is not, as the side support for the panels of Ignis is "closer" to the area we press.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 3rd April 2018 at 15:07.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 14:50   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithin.J View Post
Hi T-Bhpians.
Does anybody in here facing issues during gear shifts of Ignis MT. One of my friend got some problem with his car. You will feel a solid jerk from the clutch while releasing the clutch pedal.
Yes, I did notice it. Test drove a 2017 Ignis petrol recently, and the clutch wasn't being released smoothly even though we take the foot off the pedal in a very seamless manner. Thought it was a problem particular to that car only.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 16:36   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Yes, I did notice it. Test drove a 2017 Ignis petrol recently, and the clutch wasn't being released smoothly even though we take the foot off the pedal in a very seamless manner. Thought it was a problem particular to that car only.
Same here.
In my test drive car this effect was too prominent. Sometimes that even resulted in stalling the car. The was about 15K KM run.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 16:37   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
Here is the link
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
These numbers doesn't exactly mean that the sheet metal of Ignis is stronger than that of DZire, rather..
Exactly echoes my thoughts as I went through the links given by Torino, but no way I could pen it as crisply as you did.

Last edited by five46 : 3rd April 2018 at 16:38. Reason: Typo
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 18:31   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

Ignis and Baleno to be offered in Nexa Blue , will replace the Urban Blue shade offered presently.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-uu.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 19:26   #343
Team-BHP Support

Looking at Ignis AMT, any inputs from owners on the real side of AMT usage would be appreciated? Mileage, drivability, any issues like jerking? Do let know how many kms you would have used the car also, just to have a reference point.

With the test drive of 14k kms car, my feedback in short is - Once you figure out the accelerator inputs and shift rpms its pleasant. Or just moving to manual mode is easiest to have a smooth drive. Have to decide the purchase by tomorrow!
Old 3rd April 2018, 20:16   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Looking at Ignis AMT, any inputs from owners on the real side of AMT usage would be appreciated? Mileage, drivability, any issues like jerking? Do let know how many kms you would have used the car also, just to have a reference point.
Hi Jaggu,

I purchased the Ignis Alpha Petrol AMT in September 2017 and have completed 1700 kms. Completed the second service a few days ago. Have only used it in crazy Bombay city traffic never on the highway as I use my Civic for that.

I am getting approximately 9-10 kmpl as per the dash information. Have never bothered with the tankful method so no idea. The mileage has never gone above 10.xx on the display so far. The average speed shown on the display is only between 11-13 kms due to the traffic which may explain the low mileage.

The drivability is very good, absolutely no problems with the AMT with regard to jerking. You can make out it's an AMT only with the first to second gear shift, after that its very smooth. I drive with a decently heavy right leg and it seems the car is improving/learning my driving style as the kms increase.

Manual mode raises the fun quotient quite a lot and she sings very well at higher revs. Have been up to 100 kmph and she is quite well planted and comfortable at this speed.

I find the suspension is decent over our lovely roads, better than the Brio and the i10 Grand which I had test driven as likely contenders before the purchase. It's important to maintain company recommended tyre pressures of 36/32 front and rear to reap the benefit though.

If you need anything specific let me know.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 20:55   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

With the test drive of 14k kms car, my feedback in short is - Once you figure out the accelerator inputs and shift rpms its pleasant. Or just moving to manual mode is easiest to have a smooth drive. Have to decide the purchase by tomorrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post

I am getting approximately 9-10 kmpl as per the dash information. Have never bothered with the tankful method so no idea. The mileage has never gone above 10.xx on the display so far. The average speed shown on the display is only between 11-13 kms due to the traffic which may explain the low mileage.

The drivability is very good, absolutely no problems with the AMT with regard to jerking. You can make out it's an AMT only with the first to second gear shift, after that its very smooth. I drive with a decently heavy right leg and it seems the car is improving/learning my driving style as the kms increase.

Manual mode raises the fun quotient quite a lot and she sings very well at higher revs. Have been up to 100 kmph and she is quite well planted and comfortable at this speed.

I find the suspension is decent over our lovely roads, better than the Brio and the i10 Grand which I had test driven as likely contenders before the purchase. It's important to maintain company recommended tyre pressures of 36/32 front and rear to reap the benefit though.

If you need anything specific let me know.

Cheers
I second everything stated above. I recently purchased a Ignis Zeta AMT and drove only about 400 km all of which is in peak city traffic. I'm getting 11.5 in MID. Except the mild jerk while shifting between 1-2 everything is smooth. Coming from a Tiago AMT which ran about 2600 km it is a vastly superior experience. Can't predict anything long term. But overall it is a very good car. My only gripe is the transmission shifts too quickly. At around <40 kmph I'm in 4th gear🙄
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks