Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2024, 14:31   #586
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

I have pre-facelift Tucson (Dec 2019) and last year when I checked, I could not opt for 6th & 7th year extended warranty.

However I was at the service centre today and I see that the 6th and 7th year extended warranty upto 100k km is available for 43k. This is available only for petrol models. Posting for the benefit of owners.
Old 25th April 2024, 23:48   #587
Senior - BHPian

Hello Tucson Owners and Experts. I casually ran into an FB ad where a white automatic diesel AT Tucson 2017 run abour 90k kms is up for grabs. Wanted to seek your opinion if it's worth giving it a shot? Because I currently own a Brezza. It's straight up fill it and drive it for me and that's it. It doesn't ask for anything else.

Is Tucson a worthy candidate for my upgrade, if I'm in the market for one? What should I be cautious about as I read about 2017 models are prone to some sensor related or even engine related issues as per Google. Asking price is between 15.5-16L which I feel is still high considering the age & mileage on the odo.
Old 28th April 2024, 19:05   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Hello Tucson Owners and Experts. I casually ran into an FB ad where a white automatic diesel AT Tucson 2017 run abour 90k kms is up for grabs. Wanted to seek your opinion if it's worth giving it a shot? Because I currently own a Brezza. It's straight up fill it and drive it for me and that's it. It doesn't ask for anything else.

Is Tucson a worthy candidate for my upgrade, if I'm in the market for one? What should I be cautious about as I read about 2017 models are prone to some sensor related or even engine related issues as per Google. Asking price is between 15.5-16L which I feel is still high considering the age & mileage on the odo.
I got mine a year plus back. That was 2017, with 60K on the odo and it's a 4WD. Similar to the price range you've seen.
Today, I feel its a bit much for 2017 model with 90K on the odo. You could get it down to around 10 or 12, would be decent but only if inspected by a good mechanic.
Cosmetic issues can easily add up as the Tucson is a big vehicle by Indian standards and if driven by a driver, expect dings, scrapes, and patchy fixes on the bodywork.
I had issues with the spare and one of the tires which were hidden by the dealer or previous owner by reverse fitting the tire on the rim. Get all tires inspected. Bulges or damage to the sidewalls will add up to the cost of fixing.
If the vehicle does not have a service history, walk away. Dont bother if the tool kit is missing or if only one set of keys is available.
Being an automatic, likely a torque converter (and these are great if maintained). Go thru all the gears in a test drive to make sure you don't feel any jerks in the shifts. If you do, leave it and walk away. The trans fluid was likely not topped or replaced or the solenoids are going.
Used prices are usually taken from some used car portal and these are massively inflated these days.
By itself, the Tucson is a very capable vehicle and if maintained well, is a gem.
trailsndirt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2024, 21:33   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailsndirt View Post
Being an automatic, likely a torque converter (and these are great if maintained). Go thru all the gears in a test drive to make sure you don't feel any jerks in the shifts. If you do, leave it and walk away. The trans fluid was likely not topped or replaced or the solenoids are going.
Used prices are usually taken from some used car portal and these are massively inflated these days.
By itself, the Tucson is a very capable vehicle and if maintained well, is a gem.
Thank you this certainly helps me in case I'm finalizing on one. To put it straight, your post seems like a mini PDI for me if I find a good example to lock in on the purchase. If I get lucky and bring one home, will report back on this thread!
Old 29th April 2024, 09:53   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Thank you this certainly helps me in case I'm finalizing on one. To put it straight, your post seems like a mini PDI for me if I find a good example to lock in on the purchase. If I get lucky and bring one home, will report back on this thread!
Prefer a thorough PDI with a mechanic or even drive over to the nearest Hyundai service center to have the team have a once-over.

For me, it took 4 months of searching to land what was not the best kept but there were far worse units on sale for silly asking prices. Many are neglected and sold off when something serious is coming up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks