Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2020, 10:14   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveallkaran View Post
Hello everyone
My tucson has clocked approximately 46000 kms and the oe nexen tyres will need to be changed in another 4000-5000 kms max. The oe tyre size is 225/55/R18. I wanted to ask can I upsize the tyres to 225/60/R18. Checked on internet and came to know that it will result in speedometer error. I want to know apart from speedometer error what other disadvantages it may have.
Try 245/50, it gives a error within tolerance of 2%, which is the recommended limit. There is really no other issue apart from speedometer error, you get additional clearance with 225/60.
Old 29th October 2020, 10:28   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Try 245/50, it gives a error within tolerance of 2%, which is the recommended limit. There is really no other issue apart from speedometer error, you get additional clearance with 225/60.
Thanks a lot sir. I do not intend to increase the width. I just want to increase the sidewall height as I feel 225/55 is not suitable for bad roads or potholes
Old 29th October 2020, 16:03   #528
BHPian

Quote:
I want to know apart from speedometer error what other disadvantages it may have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Quote:
I do not intend to increase the width. I just want to increase the sidewall height as I feel 225/55 is not suitable for bad roads or potholes
From the horse's mouth (your Tucson owner's manual) - see below

Of course, it’s your vehicle & it’s your choices, but choose wisely.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-d44c0c1ba6f7496b8794126cfbf9e0dc.jpeg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-ab5a772a393949e18d47be336e1d3681.jpeg  

ChoosetoCruze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 08:58   #529
BHPian

Quote:
The oe tyre size is 225/55/R18. I wanted to ask can I upsize the tyres to 225/60/R18. Checked on internet and came to know that it will result in speedometer error. I want to know apart from speedometer error what other disadvantages it may have.
You can, and for Indian road point of view regardless of what the manual says, you actually should upsize to 60 profile. There is enough wheel well, and power for the added weight of the larger tyres for you to notice anything, apart from a much plusher ride. Just keep the stock tyres as a spare set for your visits to Hyundai A.S.S.

Last edited by haldar_siliguri : 10th November 2020 at 08:59.
haldar_siliguri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 22:02   #530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harish.Krovvidi View Post
1) Breaks wear out at about 15K Kms and were covered under warranty
Did you replace only the pads or the whole brake set including the discs?
Old 24th January 2021, 04:57   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITZ_P_25 View Post
Did you replace only the pads or the whole brake set including the discs?
Brake pads only were replaced under warranty.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th January 2021 at 08:23. Reason: break = brake
Harish.Krovvidi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 23:41   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraticAmoeba View Post
Looks like different parts of the country have different dates. For me, I was told 7-8 weeks for GLS diesel regardless of colour. (Off-topic: I like Starry night but my wife likes black.. and she wins!).

Price breakup attached. Please note that:

- extended warranty of INR 14798 is not applicable. Instead, we can pick between 3yr/unlimited or 4yr/60k km or 5yr/50k km warranties (as part of the basic cost).

- standard fitment is INR 2250 and not INR 6000.

- Finally, the road tax in Karnataka is high and may not be the same as in Gurgaon.
Your ownership review has been extremely helpful to me to finalize and take a final call on Tucson. I had zeroed down on Tucson/Citroen/Compass/All space however all space and compass switched us off with the cramped rear seat. Citroen I had paid the booking amount in Feb but at the back of my mind I got the vibes that they may overprice it so in parallel booked Tucson as well, and I was proved right on Citroen.
When allocation of Tucson opened on 3rd April, dealer called up saying my selected color Black is not opened for allocation, my next choice was Starry Night so went ahead with the same in Petrol GLS. I was to receive the Engine/Chassis number on 20th April, however I have been told that due to parts issues HMIL is not able to confirm the same.
So essentially, I have no clarity on when I am going to get the car delivered. Keen to know the experience of others on the delivery period in Mumbai after engine / chassis number is received. Dealer is not able to give any guidance except saying SIr, it will take 8 weeks. So the wait continues.
Old 22nd April 2021, 09:19   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharmen View Post
So essentially, I have no clarity on when I am going to get the car delivered. Keen to know the experience of others on the delivery period in Mumbai after engine / chassis number is received. Dealer is not able to give any guidance except saying SIr, it will take 8 weeks. So the wait continues.
Hi Dharmen, my timelines for booking and delivery of Tucson GLS 2.0 4WD in black, with a dealership in Surat is listed below. I would imagine things won't be too different for a dealer in Mumbai under normal circumstances. But these are crazy time we live in:
  • Booked on 02/09/2021
  • Allocated on 02/22/2021
  • Home delivered, roughly 550 kms from the dealership on 03/04/2021
rahulraag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 11:18   #534
BHPian

Quote:
When allocation of Tucson opened on 3rd April, dealer called up saying my selected color Black is not opened for allocation, my next choice was Starry Night so went ahead with the same in Petrol GLS. I was to receive the Engine/Chassis number on 20th April, however I have been told that due to parts issues HMIL is not able to confirm the same.
Firstly, congratulations on booking the Tucson and wishing you a happy ownership experience.

As told to me by my SA, you will get the VIN only after it has been allocated at the factory. For me, this meant the car came from Chennai to Bangalore in a couple of days and it was in my hands another two days later.

It seems that due to the global semiconductor shortage coupled with the shipping challenges, the car delivery is getting delayed. I can see how it is frustrating for you to not even get any updates. I can only say, wait patiently and the car will come.
QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 13:16   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraticAmoeba View Post
Firstly, congratulations on booking the Tucson and wishing you a happy ownership experience.
=====
I can only say, wait patiently and the car will come.
Received the shock of the day, received mail from the dealer that car is in transit and will be delivered soon however, the price has been increased by 47,253/-. I was already finding this a little overpriced, now with additional 40K, I am completely confused whether this is worth putting my money. I have put my foot down and asked dealer to absorb the cost else I am happy to cancel the booking. Please advice friends.

Last edited by Dharmen : 29th April 2021 at 13:30. Reason: dealer sent exact amount just now
Old 29th April 2021, 17:34   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Received the shock of the day, received mail from the dealer that car is in transit and will be delivered soon however, the price has been increased by 47,253/-. I was already finding this a little overpriced, now with additional 40K, I am completely confused whether this is worth putting my money. I have put my foot down and asked dealer to absorb the cost else I am happy to cancel the booking. Please advice friends.
Tried merging but could not edit, mods may help please.
while I looked at the timelines I noticed this is an unethical act by Hyundai.

- 6th Apr : Booking confirmation received
- 14th Apr : HMIL confirms that vehicle will be billed to dealer on 20th Apr
- 20th Apr : When I follow for VIN, I am told, there are parts issues and factory is closed till 2nd May
- 28th Apr: Price revision announced in Media
- 29th Apr: Vehicle is billed and despatched with new pricing

This clearly says that the vehicle was ready as on 20th Apr however they did not bill/dispatch as they wanted to bill at higher price. This is my plain interpretation based on the sequence of events.

I find this is very unethical on behalf of HMIL. Can anyone suggest where can we raise this to HMIL management.
Old 29th April 2021, 17:41   #537
BHPian

Quote:

I just checked the ex-showroom prices listed on the Hyundai website and the only increase I see is Rs 2000/- for the variant I got in March. On top of it, the dealer ended up giving me a discount of around 1.5 lakhs from their initial quote. I was able to haggle quite a bit as I was talking to two dealers - Ahmedabad and Surat, in a final push Surat dealer ended up giving me a quote that was 50k cheaper than the Ahmedabad.

I also checked my invoice now, strangely the ex-showroom price listed is Rs 26,29,677.00/- which is over a lakh less than the price that was initially quoted Rs. 27,33,000.00/-. I missed on this detail completely until now as I had to take the delivery remotely, and once I got the car I was in quarantine for 3 weeks.

Now whether buying the car at a particular price point is subjective, personally if you ask me this is one of those buys that brings a smile on my face every single day I am behind the wheel. I don't think you will ever regret buying this car (at least from my short-term ownership) but please do bargain with the dealer and try to close it at the numbers agreed upon initially.
rahulraag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 09:36   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulraag View Post
I just checked the ex-showroom prices listed on the Hyundai website and the only increase I see is Rs 2000/- for the variant I got in March. On top of it, the dealer ended up giving me a discount of around 1.5 lakhs from their initial quote. I was able to haggle quite a bit as I was talking to two dealers - Ahmedabad and Surat, in a final push Surat dealer ended up giving me a quote that was 50k cheaper than the Ahmedabad.

I also checked my invoice now, strangely the ex-showroom price listed is Rs 26,29,677.00/- which is over a lakh less than the price that was initially quoted Rs. 27,33,000.00/-. I missed on this detail completely until now as I had to take the delivery remotely, and once I got the car I was in quarantine for 3 weeks.

Now whether buying the car at a particular price point is subjective, personally if you ask me this is one of those buys that brings a smile on my face every single day I am behind the wheel. I don't think you will ever regret buying this car (at least from my short-term ownership) but please do bargain with the dealer and try to close it at the numbers agreed upon initially.
Oh ok, for my variant, the ex-shoroom price hike is 34K and OTR about 47K. After negotiations brought down and I shared 15K of the hike. The vehicle is sitting in yard as RTO is closed. Expecting online registration from today. Challenge is PDI as I can not move out of the house with a valid reason of PDI. I have asked dealer to send me the pics from all angles including chassis number, engine number and battery pictures.What is your recommendation folks. Dealer says we can also do PDI at delivery but my concern is RTO is done by that time and I won’t have a Choice if anything is wrong 🤔
Dharmen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 00:25   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Oh ok, for my variant, the ex-shoroom price hike is 34K and OTR about 47K. After negotiations brought down and I shared 15K of the hike. The vehicle is sitting in yard as RTO is closed. Expecting online registration from today. Challenge is PDI as I can not move out of the house with a valid reason of PDI. I have asked dealer to send me the pics from all angles including chassis number, engine number and battery pictures.What is your recommendation folks. Dealer says we can also do PDI at delivery but my concern is RTO is done by that time and I won’t have a Choice if anything is wrong 🤔
I faced a similar quandary at the time of delivery of my car. I was getting the car delivered in Surat, and my work schedule would not allow me to be there at least for a week (this got extended due to COVID). I had to take a complete leap of faith and opt for remote delivery, with a driver from the dealership driving the car to the city it was getting registered. It took me a few weeks before I could set my eyes on the car (it had enough kms on odo for 1,500 km first service). The only thing I did prior to that was have them send me photos (in poor lighting) including the odo reading when they received the car. With Bluelink, I could keep track of the car movement, the driving pattern (over speeding, hard braking etc) which gave me a small measure of peace. But to their credit the dealership and Hyundai had delivered the car to me in absolute mint condition.

In an ideal world, I would not recommend taking delivery without a thorough PDI but what the year has taught us is that we cannot be immovable about such notions.*
rahulraag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 10:06   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulraag View Post

In an ideal world, I would not recommend taking delivery without a thorough PDI but what the year has taught us is that we cannot be immovable about such notions.*
I have done the same, they sent me pictures from several angles from the yard, looks good. This is my company registered car and the payment terms is after the RTO and delivery to employee. Dealer has assured that they will deliver in mint condition, not to worry. They also mentioned that we have payment handle. Car is being put for RTO tomorrow, 24th May, excited about it.

I would like to highlight that I opted for self Insurance. The dealer insurance was almost double the market price, however dealer happily agreed if we want to pick up insurance on our own. Earlier another dealer in Mumbai gave me different discount level if we take our own policy. I find this is the best way especially for high value cars as the benefits are substantial. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks