Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2019, 14:55   #436

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Most recent update on my 2nd Tucson purchase:

We sent the cancellation email to dealership (Koncept, New Delhi) and we received email from their customer relationship manager. She tries to explain that the delay in getting the car (now 39d since booking) is because ".. the vehicle you chose is highly popular which has resulted in a waiting period". In the email they now give tentative date of delivery around 31st Oct. I was super angry and called them to explain that if a car like Tucson (sold no more than 700 units a year) is highly popular than I cannot imagine how they are dealing with Creta owners!! After this, and finally, I got a call from their GM - who now promises me that the car will be in dispatch from Monday 21 Oct, and from Tuesday 22Oct, you will get daily updates where the car is. Another thing he now promises me is that the corporate discount which we were offered in Sept (50K INR) will still hold true, despite it getting over because now we are in Oct. I asked him to give me a written confirmation of both promises and he was reluctant, but sounded convincing so I said ok we will hold off the cancellation. We figured why not wait another week rather go to new dealership and start cycle.

In meantime, I had written to HMIL Car Sales, detailing my horrid experience and delay. And I was surprised to get a call from them today, where they expressed their disappointment with the delay and how dealership handled this sales experience with twice returning customer for Tucson, and told me they will raise this matter further to be discussed with dealership. She said this delay is not normal and HMIL will try to figure out why we were delayed beyond stipulated delivery period (and counting). I asked her if she can tell me where the car is, and she tells me only dealership knows. Funny thing when I call SA, he tells me only Hyundai knows!

So here I am: Still waiting. I just hope that now Hyundai getting the dealership to task should not jeopardize my delivery or car.

I am sorry for these post as they do not add to car review. I love the car, hence second purchase. Just that, I wished to share my sales experience, and get some advice from BHP community. Thanks all who have offered suggestions

Last edited by Swissflag : 20th October 2019 at 15:20. Reason: Text edit
Swissflag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 16:19   #437
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissflag View Post
Most recent update on my 2nd Tucson purchase:

We sent the cancellation email to dealership (Koncept, New Delhi) and we received email from their customer relationship manager. She tries to explain that the delay in getting the car (now 39d since booking) is because ".. the vehicle you chose is highly popular which has resulted in a waiting period". In the email they now give tentative date of delivery around 31st Oct. I was super angry and called them to explain that if a car like Tucson (sold no more than 700 units a year) is highly popular than I cannot imagine how they are dealing with Creta owners!! After this, and finally, I got a call from their GM - who now promises me that the car will be in dispatch from Monday 21 Oct, and from Tuesday 22Oct, you will get daily updates where the car is. Another thing he now promises me is that the corporate discount which we were offered in Sept (50K INR) will still hold true, despite it getting over because now we are in Oct. I asked him to give me a written confirmation of both promises and he was reluctant, but sounded convincing so I said ok we will hold off the cancellation. We figured why not wait another week rather go to new dealership and start cycle.
Please get everything in written no matter what. Forget the consumer courts, even Hyundai itself won't believe you if you don't take any written proof of what is being told to you. They have already kept you waiting this long, what is the guarantee they won't do so again?

Ask the GM to give you a letter signed by him covering the following:

- Accepting that there was a fault at their end and you were kept waiting unnecessarily

- Giving you a confirmation on the delivery date of the car (no tentative date or anything). The actual delivery date
vishy76 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 18:22   #438
BHPian

Hey guys,

My dad and I went to the Hyundai showroom today to check out the Tucson today and took a test drive of the petrol car. My dad usually pays attention to detail and after checking out the dash meticulously, we was impressed by the fit and finish although they weren't s good as the germans.

After the drive, when we were checking out the exterior of the car, my dad noticed the black cladding around the wheels was slightly different. He commented that the cladding wasn't of good quality when compared to rest of the car.

Although, I did tell him that the Tucson is a CKD unit, he wasn't convinced. On checking out the cladding on the Venue, he concluded that the cladding on the venue was of better quality. I did check it out too, but I couldn't see a difference.

This issue seems to be a fly in the ointment for him. Have any of you noticed the same ? Attaching pictures of the same. The Red one's the Venue.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-img_1734.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-img_1733.jpg  

Vinay23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 20:05   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another thing he now promises me is that the corporate discount which we were offered in Sept (50K INR) will still hold true, despite it getting over because now we are in Oct.
Oh what a massive favour he's doing you! See, this type of behaviour annoys me even more where they pretend as if doing the bare minimum is somehow a favour.

It might be too late now for you to ask now but the least he should be doing is giving you the originally promised discount plus a load of freebies/further discounts for wasting your time. If there is any additional delay and for some reason you still want to deal with these idiots, make sure you get this.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 20:15   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay23 View Post

Although, I did tell him that the Tucson is a CKD unit, he wasn't convinced. On checking out the cladding on the Venue, he concluded that the cladding on the venue was of better quality. I did check it out too, but I couldn't see a difference.

This issue seems to be a fly in the ointment for him. Have any of you noticed the same ? Attaching pictures of the same. The Red one's the Venue.
Yes, the cladding on Venue is better finished . You can see somewhat 'jagged' edges on the the cladding of Tucson. Surface is bit uneven as well. This could be simply because Venue is a new generation car and Hyundai would have improvised the design/fit and finish of such components. One on the Venue seem to be a 'painted' plastic while the one on Tucson may be straight from the moulds.

Last edited by Guna : 20th October 2019 at 20:17.
Old 21st October 2019, 00:04   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Yes, the cladding on Venue is better finished . You can see somewhat 'jagged' edges on the the cladding of Tucson. Surface is bit uneven as well. This could be simply because Venue is a new generation car and Hyundai would have improvised the design/fit and finish of such components. One on the Venue seem to be a 'painted' plastic while the one on Tucson may be straight from the moulds.
Shouldn’t the parts be of better quality, being a CKD?
Now that I know this, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to look at the car the same way ever again. Although it’s not a dealbreaker, it will be one of my pet peeves.

Secondly, I’m quite the audiophile and I appreciate good quality music streaming. The Tucson speakers are strictly average and I wasn’t very impressed. Is there a way to replace the stock streakers without voiding the warranty ?
I’m surprised how none of the other owners have upgraded their systems.
Old 21st October 2019, 18:04   #442
BHPian

Quote:
After the drive, when we were checking out the exterior of the car, my dad noticed the black cladding around the wheels was slightly different. He commented that the cladding wasn't of good quality when compared to rest of the car.

I just checked the cladding on my Tucson and compared it to a Venue in parking. I dont see the difference. I felt the cladding on the venue a bit thin. The one on Tucson is very neatly finished as well. The surface/texture feels different on these 2. Doesn't mean difference in quality. Other than plastic being hard around the instrument cluster, I dont see any issue with part quality or fit and finish anywhere in Tucson. Its very clean inside out. Ofcourse interiors are dull and not look/feel premium at this price.
mkc15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 14:11   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
Yes, I understand. My question was for understanding the cost after 3 years. Especially around things like headlights and tail lamps etc, once they are out of a zero dep insurance.
Well I would expect this to be on par with Germans (hyundai is expensive compared to other mass cars) but in this segment should be on par. I didn't bother much considering we sell our cars at the end of 4 years generally & happy about the 30k no-cost ownership.
Quote:
Shouldn’t the parts be of better quality, being a CKD?
Now that I know this, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to look at the car the same way ever again. Although it’s not a deal breaker, it will be one of my pet peeves.

Secondly, I’m quite the audiophile and I appreciate good quality music streaming. The Tucson speakers are strictly average and I wasn’t very impressed. Is there a way to replace the stock streakers without voiding the warranty ?
Well my view is that its quite good compared to the market. I am not a huge audiophile and depends on your needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
I just checked the cladding on my Tucson and compared it to a Venue in parking. I dont see the difference. I felt the cladding on the venue a bit thin. The one on Tucson is very neatly finished as well. The surface/texture feels different on these 2. Doesn't mean difference in quality. Other than plastic being hard around the instrument cluster, I dont see any issue with part quality or fit and finish anywhere in Tucson. Its very clean inside out. Ofcourse interiors are dull and not look/feel premium at this price.
I agree with you, I also compared and felt the same
urajkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 14:54   #444
BHPian

Quote:
We booked the Petrol GLS once again, just different color of course. Got a good bargain deal, given the latest car sales slump and all...
If I may ask, what was the deal offered to you?

Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 20:13   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai seems to have silently introduced a new shade on the Tucson- Starry Night.
I have been told by Hyundai SA, that Starry Night would only be available in Face-lift version which would be launched next month.
Old 29th October 2019, 12:02   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsy View Post
I have been told by Hyundai SA, that Starry Night would only be available in Face-lift version which would be launched next month.
They’re launching an actual facelift? There hasn’t been any news on it.
Old 29th October 2019, 13:20   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
They’re launching an actual facelift? There hasn’t been any news on it.
It was, mainly, its front grill, parking sensor and ICE. See here. One dealer is clueless, however other said with confidence that it will be launched in Nov 2019

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...ch-soon/35033/

Last edited by gutsy : 29th October 2019 at 13:22.
Old 29th October 2019, 15:41   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsy View Post
It was, mainly, its front grill, parking sensor and ICE. See here. One dealer is clueless, however other said with confidence that it will be launched in Nov 2019

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...ch-soon/35033/
The "facelift" rumours are ongoing for a year, atleast.

I am also looking to buy the Tucson in Starry Night. Apparently no stock in plant and no production scheduled!
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 20:00   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
The "facelift" rumours are ongoing for a year, atleast.

I am also looking to buy the Tucson in Starry Night. Apparently no stock in plant and no production scheduled!
I junked my plans to consider Tucson because of these issues. Though the discount offered was okish types, I got put off due to the almost cold selling attitude. It's as if Hyundai is not even interested in selling.. so I pulled the trigger on Harrier.
Old 30th October 2019, 19:20   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I am quite an audiophile and I feel the audio system on Tucson is surprisingly good. It may not have the thump offered in my BMW’s HK system, but the sound is clean and musical.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 30th October 2019 at 19:21.
ece2k2 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks