Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2024, 12:33   #976

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Hello members,

I need info on the new gen Fortuner : One of my friend is looking for Fortuner Diesel. I checked with the SAs I know and they have no updates on the next gen Fortuner. Is there any news on the potential timeline when the new Fortuner will be available? I would rather suggest him to wait if the new launch is around the corner. Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Pradeep
Old 7th August 2024, 09:25   #977
BHPian

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review QC Concerns

So our fortuner has completed 30k with some good and bad tastes in our life of owing a Toyota.

The good are highlighted already in the forum, but the bad's are the one which is prompting me to question the reliability and durability of Toyota parts OEM.

The following instances are the recurring issues I have faced:
------------------------------------------
  • Steering Column Assembly Replacement (March 2023): Within a day of purchase, I had to undergo a warranty replacement, which is unacceptable and sets a concerning tone for the overall quality of the vehicle. Duly replaced with a comment that the OEM had excessive play. Every 10k now I get it retorqued. Factory settings sigh might never come again back.

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-b.jpg
  • Headlight Fogging Issues (December 2022): During my first service, both headlights began fogging from the inside, necessitating a warranty replacement.
  • Recurring Headlight Fogging Issues (November 2023 and August 2024): Despite the initial replacement, the problem persisted, with the left-hand side headlight fogging again during my second service, and subsequently, the right-hand side headlight fogging demanding a warranty claim again during my third service.

one of pics to show the issue.

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-.jpg

• OEM BS tyres ??? the lesser said the better. I had to replace two within a year. The retail ones are wearing off much stabler rate than the OEM ones plus 5 year warranty on top

This issue is not only a visual concern but also a safety hazard, as it impairs visibility while driving by reducing the output of the headlamp.

This recurring issue is a clear indication that it will happen again. Imagine what will happen if this reoccurs when warranty expires next yer

This is a pure Toyota QC Problem and they should FIX it.
roadjourno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2024, 11:32   #978
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review QC Concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post

The following instances are the recurring issues I have faced:
------------------------------------------[list][*]Steering Column Assembly Replacement (March 2023):
------------------------------------------[*]Headlight Fogging Issues (December 2022):
[*]Recurring Headlight Fogging Issues (November 2023 and August 2024):
Hello RJ,

That's really alarming!

To have a recurring issue with replaced headlights points out to problem with a certain batch of headlights. I hope Toyota gets to crux of the problem & offers a solution to it.

Not to mention these headlights don't come cheap! I suggest you involve your dealership as well as send an email to Toyota!

Regards,
Powertrain

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks