Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2018, 17:36   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by murthy_p View Post
Toyota 2.8 DPF failures & the moral case for particle filters. Does Toyota have a problem with the DPF installation on its new 2.8-litre 1GD-FTV engine ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by murthy_p View Post
Toyota 2.8 DPF blockage part 2
This is not relevant in our market as on date, GDFTV here does not have DPF.
Toyota already has a fix for the DPF issue in the markets where its sold.

DIYer kind of owners there already have a solution for this without depending on Toyota using a manual DPF regen command using scangauge or torque app. It initiates a manual DPF burn/regen like what a dealer workshop does with their tool.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 10:55   #482
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys
Have a question to Toyota Fortuner owners. What is the recommendation from Toyota to change the brake pads for 4*2 Auto transmission? Per one of the dealers in Bangalore, recommended distance is 5000 kms. i.e., every 5000 kms, brakepads have to be changed for 4*2 Auto transmission Fortuner car

Have not noticed this recommendation in the User Manual. Hence, my friend who purchased the fortuner is a bit worried + curious since the recommended distance is very less compared my Qualis which I changed only at around 70,000 KMs (That too, only as a proactive measure. Qualis did not give any hint to change the pads)
Old 27th March 2018, 11:13   #483
GT3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
What is the recommendation from Toyota to change the brake pads for 4*2 Auto transmission?
There is no recommended interval to change the brake pads in any car. They need to be changed when the pads wear to the minimum indicated mark. The rate of wear may vary based on driving style and environment. Better ask the service center to show till which level it has worn.
GT3 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 11:26   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Per one of the dealers in Bangalore, recommended distance is 5000 kms. i.e., every 5000 kms, brakepads have to be changed for 4*2 Auto transmission Fortuner car

Please mention the name of that dealer so we can blacklist him for the benefit of Toyota owners in Bangalore.

This is the one of the most opportunistic statement a dealer / service guy can make.

Last edited by karan561 : 27th March 2018 at 11:27.
karan561 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 11:33   #485
BANNED

Quote:
Per one of the dealers in Bangalore, recommended distance is 5000 kms. i.e., every 5000 kms, brakepads have to be changed for 4*2 Auto transmission Fortuner car
Who is this genius dealer/service staff?
Please put up the name and full details for the benefit of all.

Brake pads are a wear and tear item and their life depends on the usage pattern and weather conditions ONLY. You are correct when you said that the pads on your Qualis lasted 70k km, it is definitely possible with careful usage and calculated driving.
n.devdath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 12:41   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys
Have a question to Toyota Fortuner owners. What is the recommendation from Toyota to change the brake pads for 4*2 Auto transmission? Per one of the dealers in Bangalore, recommended distance is 5000 kms. i.e., every 5000 kms, brakepads have to be changed for 4*2 Auto transmission Fortuner car

Have not noticed this recommendation in the User Manual. Hence, my friend who purchased the fortuner is a bit worried + curious since the recommended distance is very less compared my Qualis which I changed only at around 70,000 KMs (That too, only as a proactive measure. Qualis did not give any hint to change the pads)
Hope he does not say- gearbox has to be changed every 10K and engine has to be changed every 20K! Either the advisor has done masters in medical and joined auto industry or he was high on dope!
Your pads should easily last 25-30K or more unless you drive super aggressively all the time.
PrideRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 12:45   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys

I haven't changed brake pads in my 2013 Fortuner 4*4 in 55,000kms till date and on the last service checked them out myself and they should last 10,000-15,000kms more. I know automatics are prone to faster wear but still 5000kms is just being opportunistic and making money from the customers. You should check your brake pads yourself every 10,000 kms and should last 30,000kms at least with normal usage.
ToyotaFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 13:30   #488
AJo
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys
I changed the brake pads on my 4 x 2 AT Fortuner, at about 38500 km. (Nearly 90% City driving). I got the impression from the Toyota Service adviser that I could have continued on the old ones for upto 40k km easily.

Thanks,
AJ
AJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 13:54   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Who is this genius dealer/service staff?
Please put up the name and full details for the benefit of all.
Even I was really surprised when I heard recommended duration for change was 5000 KMs. But, from the responses below, it is clearly evident that it is a dealership game. Thanks to everyone for clarifying. These responses are definitely helpful and clarifies the anxiety.

Dealer who mentioned the above: Nandi Toyota, Kanakapura Road Branch, Bangalore
Name of the Service Adviser : Manoj
gkveda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 15:41   #490
BANNED

Quote:
Even I was really surprised when I heard recommended duration for change was 5000 KMs. But, from the responses below, it is clearly evident that it is a dealership game. Thanks to everyone for clarifying. These responses are definitely helpful and clarifies the anxiety.

Dealer who mentioned the above: Nandi Toyota, Kanakapura Road Branch, Bangalore
Name of the Service Adviser : Manoj
Similar experience with Vivo Toyota Bangalore.

Got Genuine brake pads and rotors fitted at 45k during my 55k Service.

The service adviser asked me to change both the rotor and pads , I gave him a peace of mind after he told me that 10K is very good mileage for rotors and pads.

finally asked him to skim the rotors (which wasn't even considered before I escalated to Toyota support ) and send the vehicle after 55k Service was done.

got genuine brake pads from Ravindu Toyota and got them replaced at an Independent garage immediately.

Lesson learned: Avoid Vivo Toyota like the plague.

Strange thing is that I did not receive a feedback call from Toyota after this issue (I always get feedback calls after a service)
vinaydas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 15:47   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
The service adviser asked me to change both the rotor and pads , I gave him a peace of mind after he told me that 10K is very good mileage for rotors and pads.
Not surprised :-)
I got to hear a similar response but not from the advisor. As per Toyota if pads last above 10K then its OK. This is for Crysta AT.
Old 27th March 2018, 17:02   #492
BHPian

Just for info:
My 2017 Fortuner has done 32,000km till date and I still got 5mm thickness left in the front pads.
Mine is a 4x4 M/T
dean5545 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 19:53   #493
BHPian

Toyota unveils the top spec Toyota Fortuner Diamond edition for the South American markets. It features a new darkened chrome grille and a skid plate on the front bumper, a new 18-inch alloy wheel design. Inside, the SUV features leather seats, JBL Audio system with 10 speakers and subwoofer, 7-inch infotainment system, and a special key fob that gets a white colour finish with gold coloured highlights. The centre console gets a unique beige and bronze finish surrounds. The mechanicals remains unchanged.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-b76d66155e354aa58a3e607028d014b6.jpeg  

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-79a5e1ed57c64af89a76fd13ef05f739.jpeg  

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-86cb4e097a58466d953f7f2ce71d46ec.jpeg  

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-4f79a08110e741b7b78bf2a2bdffb99a.jpeg  

Fulcrum is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 09:30   #494

Hello guys

I am taking delivery of the new fortuner 4x4 MT next week. Owned innova crysta 2.4zx until last week. I was told by dealership any upgrades in audio would result in void of warranty and issue with Bluetooth in Toyota vehicles. I plan to keep my beast forever. Need a reliable audio upgrade source in Hyderabad to change stock speakers and put in my infinity amps and woofer which I have been using since more than 10 years in my earlier Scorpio and xuv500 that I had brought from US. Am scared that inefficient sources might rip the window panels and not put in back as is...
Old 17th May 2018, 09:56   #495
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuparjun View Post
Need a reliable audio upgrade source in Hyderabad to change stock speakers and put in my infinity amps and woofer which I have been using since more than 10 years in my earlier Scorpio and xuv500 that I had brought from US. Am scared that inefficient sources might rip the window panels and not put in back as is...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/

Please look for options at Hyderabad here, you might get someone who knows his job. BTW, I too am unsure if installing these would result in voiding of warranty or not, maybe, before every service you might need to take these off. This is mostly dealer specific I assume.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks