Team-BHP - Tata Hexa : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Hexa : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/181903-tata-hexa-official-review-90.html)

Jasper Vijaywada delivered 15 Hexa today
#megadeliveryofHEXA

Source: TML Dealer in Hyderabad

The Hexa booking hasn't gone well. I booked a Hexa XM MT on February 1st, and I am yet to receive even an acknowledgement of the booking! I had to routinely follow up and even though I visited the showroom upon confirming that I can get my acknowledgement they said it wasn't available with them and that they would call me once they get it. And no surprises, I am yet to receive a call! If this is with Concorde motors, one of the better showrooms, I dread to think what the other showrooms are like!

And if this is the case before the purchase is finished, what are things going to be like after purchase? I am thinking of cancelling the booking and wait for a few good stories of Tata motors before I put my money on them again!

Of course this is just a small incident, but getting it right should be relatively easy, and it is things like these that go a long way in creating confidence. I am just gonna stick with my Honda City and spruce her up and decide again in a year or two!

Quote:

Originally Posted by esoticoreventon (Post 4147117)
The Hexa booking hasn't gone well. I booked a Hexa XM MT on February 1st, and I am yet to receive even an acknowledgement of the booking! I had to routinely follow up and even though I visited the showroom upon confirming that I can get my acknowledgement they said it wasn't available with them and that they would call me once they get it. And no surprises, I am yet to receive a call! If this is with Concorde motors, one of the better showrooms, I dread to think what the other showrooms are like!

And if this is the case before the purchase is finished, what are things going to be like after purchase? I am thinking of cancelling the booking and wait for a few good stories of Tata motors before I put my money on them again!

Of course this is just a small incident, but getting it right should be relatively easy, and it is things like these that go a long way in creating confidence. I am just gonna stick with my Honda City and spruce her up and decide again in a year or two!

Yep, I am also contemplating the same. though i've booked the car by Nov 3, there's no sign of delivery and for updates, i need to call them up often.
They've promised to deliver the car either by Jan 23 or Feb 11. Both the dates have come & crossed and still they are unsure on the date of delivery.
I have booked XT 4*4 Platinum Silver at Tafe Access, Chennai.
Thought of delaying the delivery by next 2 - 3 months and play safely :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aks_karthik (Post 4147137)
Yep, I am also contemplating the same. though i've booked the car by Nov 3, there's no sign of delivery and for updates, i need to call them up often.
They've promised to deliver the car either by Jan 23 or Feb 11. Both the dates have come & crossed and still they are unsure on the date of delivery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esoticoreventon (Post 4147117)

Things are much better here in Delhi. I had made my booking in mid December. Car reached in first week of Feb. Some formalities took time though. I finally did PDI yesterday. They are ready for delivery now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain (Post 4147143)
Things are much better here in Delhi. I had made my booking in mid December. Car reached in first week of Feb. Some formalities took time though. I finally did PDI yesterday. They are ready for delivery now.

Congrats Shreyans! When are you taking delivery? Bikaji cama? Let me know if you need an extra hand or eye during delivery ;) I live nearby and will hop across if free.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 (Post 4147724)
Congrats Shreyans! When are you taking delivery? Bikaji cama? Let me know if you need an extra hand or eye during delivery ;) I live nearby and will hop across if free.

Delivery on Monday. Mum's bday, so it's our std day for buying new cars:)

Yes. Africa Avenue.

Its surprising to see the number of people, even non-BHPians, who are curious about the car and want to see and experience it in person. Hope the buzz remains consistent and turns into sales for Tata. Hexa is truly good enough to deserve a decent run in the market.

Got the tbhp stickers few days back and will get the car today evening, or tomorrow morning. Will start off with the ownership thread ASAP.
Looking forward to suggestions as to where i can place the different types of stickers! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi7013 (Post 4147933)
Got the tbhp stickers few days back and will get the car today evening, or tomorrow morning. Will start off with the ownership thread ASAP.
Looking forward to suggestions as to where i can place the different types of stickers! :)

Congrats. Most of the readers will be waiting for your ownership report.
Regarding tbhp stickers, l Saved a few stickers to camouflage anynicks and bruises to the bumper ;)

Check this out., Drifting on TataHEXA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-3GIlXXIR8

Source: PiClick Films

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 (Post 4147966)
Congrats. Most of the readers will be waiting for your ownership report.
Regarding tbhp stickers, l Saved a few stickers to camouflage anynicks and bruises to the bumper ;)

Thank you! Got the car and reached home late, so no pictures as of now. Will upload everything tomorrow.

Noticed there was some "krrk" sound in engine, specially in 3rd and 4th gear while decelerating/accelerating. Anyone who experienced the same?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi7013 (Post 4148454)
Thank you! Got the car and reached home late, so no pictures as of now. Will upload everything tomorrow.

Noticed there was some "krrk" sound in engine, specially in 3rd and 4th gear while decelerating/accelerating. Anyone who experienced the same?

Congratulations Abhi, a very good choice. Hope it turns out to be every bit an inspiring and rewarding, as you have been to it.

Do you have those ribbons on the bonnet? Sometime the first few days with them, and you tend to get the wind noise off them. 😊 just food for thought, you'll obviously know best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by methecupid (Post 4148507)
Congratulations Abhi, a very good choice. Hope it turns out to be every bit an inspiring and rewarding, as you have been to it.

Do you have those ribbons on the bonnet? Sometime the first few days with them, and you tend to get the wind noise off them. 😊 just food for thought, you'll obviously know best.

Thanks a lot!
Speaking of the sound, after learning from a few sources, am relieved to say its nothing to be worried about! And yes, my experiences, right from when i set foot at the dealer's 3-4 months back, till today, were amazing. Hope other members who have booked receive their cars quick and enjoy the ownership!

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi7013 (Post 4148454)

Congratulations on your new vehicle. Who is the dealer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 4096454)
Single rear foglamp on the right…

…and single reversing light on the left. Notice the tow hook peeping out (next to the exhaust pipe):

I saw Hexa on the road for the first time last night, other than when I test drove it obviously (even then I was sitting inside, so technically I hadn't seen one on road till yesterday stupid:) and I can assure people in doubt that it's hardly an MPV. The rear led lamps are simply awesome, however, the single rear fog lamp stuck out like a sore thumb and the OCD in me couldn't simply ignore the asymmetric placement :Frustrati
That's all I could focus on before I overtook it and this made me realize that cost cutting like this on a ~20L premium car is not really warranted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by r0nit7 (Post 4148605)
That's all I could focus on before I overtook it and this made me realize that cost cutting like this on a ~20L premium car is not really warranted.

Hi,

I don't think giving a single rear fog lamp or single reversing indicator is cost cutting per se. Don't a lot of cars come like that now a days. If I am not wrong, most Europeans have similar placement for rear fog lamps and reversing indicators.