Team-BHP - Tata Hexa : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Hexa : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/181903-tata-hexa-official-review-80.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.MJet (Post 4139709)
Tata shipped 1498 Hexas last month, pretty decent start IMO.

Source: autopunditz.com

We can't judge based on this figure alone because most of these would be Test drive vehicles delivered to Dealers, display vehicles in showrooms and not many Hexas would have been delivered to consumers thus far. Feb figures should give a clearer picture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arulpeem (Post 4140094)
The 4x4 is heavier by 100Kg. In an already heavier vehicle this has an adverse impact on handling and probably on mileage too. Do I need a 4x4 really? May be not. But it sounds nice to tell people that my car has 4x4. :) I have asked the SA for the ARAI mileage figures for all the three. Once I get that I will zero in on this too.

If you are going for a manual and do not have serious off-roading to do as part of your journeys, then it would be better to stick to 4x2 for the following reasons:
a. Around 100 kgs lighter which definitely is a plus for a vehicle which is already very heavy
b. Fuel efficiency would be marginally better
c. Avoiding complex AWD machinery which is expensive and pain if need to be fixed (outside your warranty)
d. Higher Insurance cost
e. Most importantly, higher OTR for a feature that you might use rarely

Quote:

Originally Posted by r0nit7 (Post 4140095)
We can't judge based on this....

+1. hexa formally launched on 17th that's half of January lost in people on the fence speculating about price, affordability, test rides, look and feel etc. I think Feb figures would be interesting.

-BJ

>Ive Quickly Worked on few more MODs., with the feedback I've received.
> Here the Focus was to break the tall stance of the Hexa., & make it look more Grounded/Sporty. MOds are also kept to Simple & doable.
>Hoping tht it will be Useful, for your own Modification references.
**Also., Let me know your Preferred Pick in these.. :)

Common MODs list:
1. Removing the Blacken Piant on Front bumper(for a taller Front)
2. Blackening the A pillar & Roof line. (to break the tall stance)
3. Added Decals on its Side. (for little sportiness..)

Pic courtesy: autocarindia.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by r0nit7 (Post 4140095)
We can't judge based on this figure alone because most of these would be Test drive vehicles delivered to Dealers, display vehicles in showrooms and not many Hexas would have been delivered to consumers thus far. Feb figures should give a clearer picture.

We can remove ~500 (avg 2 cars per dealer) from that number which makes it ~ 1000 for the end customers which I would say is a decent start (especially after the so called higher than expected price it is launched with).

Agree, true picture will only be clear in the coming months. If it manages to do between 750-1000 numbers per month I would call it a decent success given Tata’s below par brand perception.

With the Hexa coming in I think the Storme sales will fall even further which should be OK overall given that the potential customer is staying within the brand. Actually the Hexa can potentially steal some sales from even Scorpio buyers but I doubt TML sales teams are as smart or aggressive like M&M.

The Tata Hexa is off to a promising start, racking up close to 5,000 bookings in the past month.

Quote:

The product has started off really well for the Pune-based carmaker.
As per our close sources, the company has received close to 5,000 bookings for Hexa in a month’s time. Since it has been priced premium, the booking figures are quite encouraging for the folks at Tata Motors.
The company has already retailed 1,498 units of the Hexa to the dealers.
India Car News

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4140588)
The Tata Hexa is off to a promising start, racking up close to 5,000 bookings in the past month.

India Car News

5000 bookings is too good for Tata knowing the fact that trust factor is very less.

Hexa is winning by good margin on Team Bhp poll as well clap:

My car has arrived and is in the warehouse.

Most probably I will be taking delivery on Sunday. Calling fellow BHPians in Bangalore, I will be happy if some of you could join me on Sunday (Most probably after 2:00 PM) for the delivery.

Please PM me. I will keep you updated once the paperwork and everything gets finalized.

-PK

Quote:

Originally Posted by damager21 (Post 4138850)
For the first time I am seeing a Tata car on road within couple of weeks of its launch. Hexa has a brilliant road presence and definitely a head turner.

Overall its a great package. Hope it sells well and paves way for more brilliant products from Tata.

Hello did anyone noticed the paint finish on Arizona Blue Hexa? I can see lot of swirl marks in these pictures.

I tried checking out parked cars randomly in my apartment and found the dark colours generally have more swirl marks or they can be seen easily vs light colours(especially pearl white).

Is there any difference in paint finishes between these colours or it is same for all?

BTW I checked Storme(Brown), Safari(Pearl White), XUV(Black & white), Fortuner(White & Pearl white) and many more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roby_dk (Post 4140685)
Hello did anyone noticed the paint finish on Arizona Blue Hexa? I can see lot of swirl marks in these pictures.

I tried checking out parked cars randomly in my apartment and found the dark colours generally have more swirl marks or they can be seen easily vs light colours(especially pearl white).

Is there any difference in paint finishes between these colours or it is same for all?

BTW I checked Storme(Brown), Safari(Pearl White), XUV(Black & white), Fortuner(White & Pearl white) and many more.

Dark shades bring out all imperfections in paint. Please check the detailing thread. That said, there is NOTHING that beats a shining Black car clap:clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi7013 (Post 4139615)
It would be great if you could provide the full-form first and then use short forms. What's TOQ?

Hi abhi, I've erroneously mentioned TOD as TOQ in the post. My apologies for this, and I've requested mods to edit the original post. TOD system is the Torque On Demand transfer case from Borg Warner that has been used in the Hexa 4x4.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roby_dk (Post 4140685)

Swirls appear only after polishing (which they must be doing with the showroom cars). Factory paint will have orange peel texture (if you observe closely). Yes the swirls show up more on the darker shades.

Team,

Here is the Tata Hexa's AVN Infotainment system manual in PDF format:

HEXA_Infotainment_Manual_Type_B.pdf

Some important points:

Tata Hexa : Official Review-1.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-2.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-3.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-4.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-5.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-6.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4141074)
Here is the Tata Hexa's AVN Infotainment system manual in PDF format:

It seems that the infotainment system is identical feature-to-feature to the system on the Zest and Bolt except for the fact that some additional features (mood-lighting etc.) are added. The booklet of the Zest infotainment unit is very similar as well.

However, if I recall correctly, the Hexa concept shown at the Geneva Motor Show two years ago had a much larger (maybe 7 inch?) infotainment display, which would have been nice to have with integrated GPS navigation too. :)