Team-BHP - Tata Hexa : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Hexa : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/181903-tata-hexa-official-review-49.html)

Official invitation.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image1.jpg

The official Hexa homepage now has a countdown up and running, to the launch tomorrow at 11:30 AM in Mumbai.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-untitled.jpg

Quote:

.. Coming to offroading, no, it's not an offroader and it shouldn't have been marketed as such. Approach and departure angles are nothing to write home about. .. This car would be ideal for a visit to your farmhouse or factory which involves treading on rough roads or an expedition drive to the Himalayas.
As Tejas said, Quite obvious on this point.

But give it any kind of road, any twisty, and it should sail through.

OT: Tata still cant get these still images edited right !
( not that the others are any better)

Took a test drive of the Hexa AT last week. I was blown away by the drive of this beauty. I come from driving a Safari Dicor 4x4 for 8 years, so I must admit that my mind pegged the experience of Hexa against the Safari.

The auto tranny is really impressive. The standard mode makes for a comfortable city drive, while the sport mode makes the drive peppy with shifting at higher revs; great for highway driving. The engine grunts a bit when pushed. I guess it's to be expected of such a big and heavy SUV. It reminded me of a friend's Montero AT I've driven a few times.

The ride is superb. The suspension is stiffer than the Safari, but it still dampened bad road stretches pretty well. Felt like a German job in this regard. And the stiffer suspension means there is much less body roll, no boat feeling like the Safari.

The handling is great as well. The steering feels firm but not overly heavy. That translates into an assured highway drive. I personally have never had a problem with the Safari's heavy steering, so had no issues during city driving with Hexa's steering that is much easier to operate in comparison.

The interiors in the Hexa are a whole new ballgame by Tata, miles above other UVs this side of 20L. Fit and finish is very impressive. However, one element that breaks away from this is the upper storage box (cooled) on the dash. It feels of cheap fit and build quality. Overall, the black interiors take away from the size perception of the cabin. But it does give a premium feel.

There were a few other things I didn't like. The adjustment for driver seat feels crude. Even if TML couldn't offer electronic adjustment, they could've made the manual adjustment better. The third row not folding down flat is another irritant. Placing luggage on an incline just doesn't seem right. The lack of ISOFIX points for car seat is disappointing.

I was really impressed by the Hexa. Am waiting for a test drive of the XTM 4x4 now. Let's hope TML prices it reasonably.

It might be irrelevant now with such short time left for launch, but NDTV's page is guessing the price to be between 12-17. Here is the link.

The remaining article, looks the brief summary drawn out of this entire thread. :)

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/tata-hexa-...d-know-1289640

Looks like they are working on IST lol:

Tata Hexa : Official Review-screenshot-117.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by samaspire (Post 4129722)

Attachment 1596685

Website is not working now.

Quote:

Attachment 1596685

Now the website is down, not a good start :)

Quote:

Attachment 1596685

It now says, website not able to handle request. Signs of too many hits?:eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by handsofsteel (Post 4129727)

Still not opening :Frustrati. Don't know when TML will learn these things.

Now this is definitely not a good start. Traffic overload. They should have catered to the rush... weren't they watching the suspense build on team-bhp?

Quote:

Its just the Hexa page that is down. The rest of the website is opening, atleast for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedmiester (Post 4129725)
Now the website is down, not a good start :)

Quote:

Its up now, at a slow pace.

EDIT: While I was typing : The Launch page crashed & only other pages are working.

Looks like they missed the performance/load testing "of the website" & concentrated only on Car's tests. With so much anticipation all around, should have concentrated a bit on website as well. :D

Oficial brochure of Hexa Tata Hexa Brochure.pdf

Tata Hexa : Official Review-filepage1.jpg
Tata Hexa : Official Review-filepage2.jpg
Tata Hexa : Official Review-filepage3.jpg
Tata Hexa : Official Review-filepage4.jpg
Tata Hexa : Official Review-filepage5.jpg
Tata Hexa : Official Review-filepage6.jpg
Tata Hexa : Official Review-filepage7.jpg
Tata Hexa : Official Review-filepage8.jpg
Tata Hexa : Official Review-filepage9.jpg
Tata Hexa : Official Review-filepage10.jpg
Tata Hexa : Official Review-filepage11.jpg
Tata Hexa : Official Review-filepage12.jpg
Tata Hexa : Official Review-filepage13.jpg
Tata Hexa : Official Review-filepage14.jpg
Tata Hexa : Official Review-filepage15.jpg
Tata Hexa : Official Review-filepage16.jpg

Certainly not a good start :Frustrati:Frustrati.

Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, manufacturers should simply use YouTube's live webcast feature. No one does video streaming better than YouTube.

What's more, nearly all websites (including Team-BHP) have YouTube embedding too.

The website is up. But nothing is streaming. Even though I am nowhere close to even buying this, with recent price leaks, interest has increased considerably!

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa.jpg