Team-BHP - Tata Hexa : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Hexa : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/181903-tata-hexa-official-review-423.html)

I agree, but many TASS technicians around Tamil Nadu are hesitant to take on AT-related jobs. I'm not sure why this is the case. Our other option is to go with the FNGs, but they always claim the condition of the ATF is good and there's no need for a change at this time.

I am unable to use the built-in Map App with the in-car infotainment system. I have read some threads suggesting that using a bigger tablet might be better. However, I am concerned about how to securely mount the tablet while still being able to use the many built-in features of the Hexa infotainment system, which includes a 10-speaker sound system and ambient lighting. Please let me know of any options available. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mally2 (Post 5769610)
Add me in line waiting for the ATF cooler, although there is nothing wrong with my Hexa AT ( 1L km done ) regularly serviced at TASS, TASS does not want to risk touching the AT gearbox, My SA says don't touch it as it works fine, but I know better.

Exactly, I received the same suggestion from TASS and many other FNGs. Recently, one of my friends changed the AFT cooler and ATF (automatic transmission fluid), but unfortunately, just a few days after changing the parts, the vehicle stopped working, and the mechanic was unable to identify the fault.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT_424038 (Post 5797894)
It's a Samsung 12.4 inches tab mounted on blackstar magnets.

Does the Blackstar magnet securely hold the large tablet during bumpy rides, or is there a concern that the tablet might fall off?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc15523 (Post 5702838)
Hi. I really liked the points which you have listed to take care of this beast. But I am stuck with the availability of AT Cooler. I have even wrote to Tata Motors customer care, and to 5 dealers and even ordered from Boodmo but none of them could help.
Can you please help me in getting the AT Cooler?

I believe TASS might be our best option for placing the order under VOR (Vehicle On Road). Other online platforms seem unable to fulfill the parts request. In January 2024, I ordered from both Boodmo and Mechdeals, but unfortunately, my orders were cancelled after a significant delay, and the refund process took even longer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Navigatorsasi33 (Post 5799956)
I agree, but many TASS technicians around Tamil Nadu are hesitant to take on AT-related jobs.
===
Does the Blackstar magnet securely hold the large tablet during bumpy rides, or is there a concern that the tablet might fall off?

It's securely mounted , it's an effort to remove the same.

Update from TASS

ATF Coolers are almost available off the shelf and if an order is placed, you can get one in 2-3 days, for those who bought used XMA/XTAs and unsure if the ATF job was carried out, you might as well buy one and keep it handy as you never know when these will ever be manufactured again.

During a recent wheel alignment, my regular Tyre guy brought to my attention that the control arm bushes have deteriorated and the rubber in the bush has cracked due to aging. Not that it made any difference to the driving (shows how damn well built the Hexa is)

Armed with this information I approached TASS which straight away said they only replace the whole upper arm :eek:(9K approx each) and not just the bushes (600/- bucks each x 3 apprx) per arm.

This got me thinking, started researching and scores of YT videos show replacing just the bushes is effective less expensive especially if the arms are in good shape.

Found a reputed suspension expert who looked at my requirement and suggested as I had intended that all the suspension and arms look great for a 1L/7yr old vehicle and replacing all the bushes ( suspensions and arms ) would be a good proactive thing to do especially due to the aging of the rubber.

Procured all the parts ( all bushes ) for 6K
Labor Lathe work 1.5K
Mechanic Labor 3K

work is underway and will report back on the final results:thumbs up

Update on Previous post

Suspension work contd..

All the control arm and balancer rod bushes were procured OEM @ 6000/-
The rear suspension bushes are not sold separately and need to be procured as a whole set. The suspension mechanic checked the same and confirmed the supensions and springs are is great condition, so we took it to the lathe person who had Polyurethane Bushes. These are a great aftermarket alternate and offer superior performance compared to the regular bushes. The life expectancy is also very high.
Finally all the metal parts were diesel washed and fitted back followed by a manual wheel alignment, let the pictures do the talking.

The final bill was as follows

Front OEM bush kit 6 nos - 5800
Reat suspension PU bushes 2 nos - 1600
Lathe work to press the 8 bushes - 1600
Labor 3000

Total 12000 including parts (This work at TASS is almost not possible and changing of the parts would have set me back by 30K minimum)

All in all I am very satisfied with this preemptive work that gives my Hexa easily another 1L kms of trouble free suspension assuming the hydraulics don't give up :)

Kabir from IM suspension work was very honest, did not overcharge and suggested exactly what needs to be done and I highly recommend him

Details of where the work was done - https://maps.app.goo.gl/1J9DCbce8TzhieyaA

Of late I am experiencing a lot of vibrations on idle after cold start. While i understand that there will be some till the engine warms up, this feels different.

I've asked TASS to examine and change the engine and gearbox mounts, but they're not willing for some reason. Online queries point towards the MAF sensor needing cleaning.

Curious to know if anyone else has faced this and the solution.

thanks
Srinivas

Guys does it make sense to buy this Beast now?

Been a big fan of Hexa, however was way out of my budget then and got heavily disappointed when it stopped production in 2020!
Looking at the skyrocketed prices of current cars, most of them doesn't check the VFM box.

Appreciate if dear owners could throw in your comments and suggestions and what could be a good price for a top end Manual in Bangalore.
Also what are the red flags to be looked out for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mally2 (Post 5805808)
Update from TASS

ATF Coolers are almost available off the shelf and if an order is placed, you can get one in 2-3 days

Last week I had enquired TASS Emm Emm Motors for ATF cooler replacement as I am planning to get ATF replaced as my Hexa XTA has completed 5.5 years and 32k kms, and Cooler corrosion is cited as main reason for AT getting damaged. They called and enquired the distributor and told me that the cooler is not available.

Where can we get the ATF cooler from?

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed79 (Post 5815651)
Last week I had enquired TASS Emm Emm Motors for ATF cooler replacement as I am planning to get ATF replaced as my Hexa XTA has completed 5.5 years and 32k kms, and Cooler corrosion is cited as main reason for AT getting damaged. They called and enquired the distributor and told me that the cooler is not available.

Where can we get the ATF cooler from?

I placed my order along with few others in Adishakti Kalyanagar. Please call them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smsrini (Post 5815531)
Of late I am experiencing a lot of vibrations on idle after cold start. While i understand that there will be some till the engine warms up, this feels different.

I've asked TASS to examine and change the engine and gearbox mounts, but they're not willing for some reason. Online queries point towards the MAF sensor needing cleaning.

thanks
Srinivas

What is their rationale for not charging the mounts. How can they just say no to a requested Job ? Just change the engine mounts. It makes a world of difference in the idle vibration. Mine feels like a petrol AT now at startup since the mount change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smsrini (Post 5815531)

thanks
Srinivas

I had a similar issue, as there was a vibrating sound when in idle, and found that the plastic engine cover had not been fixed properly into the clips that was holding it tight. It was an irritating noise, and once i pressed those clips into its respective place, it was resolved. I am not sure if you are facing the same issue, but if its a constant rattling noise, pls do check the engine cover.