Team-BHP - Tata Hexa : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Hexa : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/181903-tata-hexa-official-review-406.html)

If anyone looking for a Hexa - there's a white XE listed on classifieds. 2017, 33k run. Bangalore

Anyone updated tyres on Hexa XTA 235/55R19 to 255/55R19. Based on few YouTube videos with people going for 265/50 R19 , 255/55R19 , 255/50R 19 we decided to change in one of our Hexa to 255/55R19 Michelin PS4 SUV. The Hexa drives amazing now and ride is much more plush to the already supreme ride quality it gave earlier. The added benefit is steering is much lighter.

Only one issue we are facing on full turn to right the front right outer edge hits the bottle thing installed below the driver foot pedals. It is very minor but just wanted to check if anyone faced this issue as we are planning same change of tyres in the second Hexa XTA running on 19inch rims.

Namaste, Bhai good for your selection, and happy that you did the required changes with desired results.

Kindly pardon my ignorance , did not understand the "bottle thing below driver foot pedals”. like is it something that you fit in your vehicle or does it come in the vehicle. I am asking for I was also planning for changing the tyres to Goodyear 255/55R19.Your help in the above matter is much appreciated.
Kiran R Shetty

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust (Post 5256603)
Only one issue we are facing on full turn to right the front right outer edge hits the bottle thing installed below the driver foot pedals. It is very minor but just wanted to check if anyone faced this issue as we are planning same change of tyres in the second Hexa XTA running on 19inch rims.

Hi Trust_In_Thrust!

The 255/55s are slightly tight-fit for Hexa's wheel well. They are known to foul with the plastic parts/ cladding inside the wheel well during turns,like U-turns, which require full steering input. This is a minor issue and can be rectified by using a heat gun and pushing the plastic cladding back to ensure clearance. Any FNG should be able to do it.

Well was a minor issue with the fender lining. Was pushed back with a heat gun. I can confirm 255/55R19 works with no issues on Hexa XTA .

Hello hexa owners,

I am looking for a used hexa? Preferably xt or xta model.

Could someone guide me to reliable preowned car dealer in an around mumbai/pune who might have a tata hexa for sale OR any hexa owner on our forum would like to sell his ?

I have booked a tata nexon xz+ and the waiting period is killing me, I thought why not use the spare time in looking for preowned cars.

Inputs are appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjay_Sangar27 (Post 5259484)

I have booked a tata nexon xz+ and the waiting period is killing me, I thought why not use the spare time in looking for preowned cars.

Inputs are appreciated.

Hope you have taken into account the running and maintenance cost of a vehicle that is as large as a Hexa, it would be nowhere close to a new Nexon.

Quote:

Why not!!! , if you are looking for an MPV. But if your need is for a Nexon size vehicle and you budgeted for a new Nexon, the Hexa may not be it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosfactor (Post 5259567)
Hope you have taken into account the running and maintenance cost of a vehicle that is as large as a Hexa, it would be nowhere close to a new Nexon.

True. Whenever the new:used and jumping across segment options come, I just check three items. Of course, you get more comfort and performance from a used car of a higher segment, but these three points bring me back to earth.

1. Fuel efficiency. The obvious one, especially if both use the same fuel type.

2. Insurance premium.

3. Tyre price.

Quote:

any hexa owner on our forum would like to sell his ?

Please go through the TeamBHP classifieds to check used cars for sale. Good luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosfactor (Post 5259567)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicKy (Post 5259646)
Why not!!! , if you are looking for an MPV. But if your need is for a Nexon size vehicle and you budgeted for a new Nexon, the Hexa may not be it.

True. Whenever the new:used and jumping across segment options come, I just check three items. Of course, you get more comfort and performance from a used car of a higher segment, but these three points bring me back to earth.

1. Fuel efficiency. The obvious one, especially if both use the same fuel type.

2. Insurance premium.

3. Tyre price.

I have not thought about it. I assume it won't be double the cost of nexon maintenance excluding fuel cost ? correct me If am wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjay_Sangar27 (Post 5259752)
I have not thought about it. I assume it won't be double the cost of nexon maintenance excluding fuel cost ? correct me If am wrong.

Depends on the mechanical condition of the pre-owned car.

While things like a blown head gasket will be covered if service was regular & timely, but the brittle plastic components & rubber hoses around the engine bay likely won't be covered. Further, as any car starts ageing, many internal mechanical components start buzzing / humming & some parts may even go bust - and these anomalies will often not be covered by extended warranty.

From minor repairs of ageing parts, to a pending major service - which might include changing the suspension, timing chain, etc a second hand car ownership can be a different ballgame altogether.

Also depends if you're willing to take a chance to possibly spend time & energy to work on the car itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjay_Sangar27 (Post 5259752)

Not sure of the amount, but the insurance premium for a 1500cc+ vehicle is more than double than that of sub 1500cc vehicles. Atleast for third party insurance.

Also the tyre cost would be high, especially for the 19 inchers in the higher variants of the Hexa, but it was stopped after a while. Though, the 16" Hexa tyres should be priced at par with the Nexon higer variant tyres.

If you are serious on the Hexa, would recommend only the automatic variant of the Hexa. Have to drive it to believe. Felt like an 80s American landyacht (in a good sense). Have not driven the Hexa manual, but from reviews as well as my personal experience with the ol' Safari 2.2l and '19 Harrier, avoid it. Again, look at your usage case. If it mostly urban grind, the Hexa would be a handful. For highway long trips once every two months, the Nexon is more than capable.

We have finally fitted Michelin Pilot Sport SUV 255/55R19 in both Hexa XTA . One had issue on front right wheel wherein we had to trim a part of mudflaps. In the other Hexa the front wheel fender lining had to be pressed with a heat gun on both sides. The ride is supreme now with added benefit steering is much lighter. The car looks dope now from front and rear with awesome tyre visual impression.

I have a 2017 September Hexa XTA/AT, 70,000+ Kms as of date
I am running Goodyears 255/55/19 on rears and standard MRF 235's on front.
In addition, I fixed PU inserts on the rear springs.
The ride has changed from a mere "GOOD" to ""JUST AMAZING""

An Abrupt End to my Hexa Ownership :unhappy

Earlier this month, with a heavy heart I gave up my beloved Tata Hexa to salvage buyer as the beast got flood damaged and was assessed as total loss by insurance company on the basis of repairs estimate provided by authorized service center.

Back in Nov 2021 we are on a trip to a village near Nagercoil, Kanyakumari for an ayurvedic treatment, it was raining heavily. Due to flash floods triggered by opening of dam gates upstream overnight, Hexa was submerged in water till tyre level for 3 days. I couldn't move the vehicle to safer place as it happened overnight and in the morning I was stunned to see the below scene. :Frustrati