Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2021, 15:19   #6046

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Guys any news on Hexa re-launch? I have booked XUV700 AWD AX7L but thier waiting period is bonkers and they have given me no intimation as to when the delivery is. I am also considering the Hexa when/if it comes because of the 4x4.
Kousie_Arima is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 16:24   #6047
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kousie_Arima View Post
Guys any news on Hexa re-launch? .
None at the moment. The odds on getting the XUV7OO first are more than the Hexa launch. Alternately, a used Hexa - if you want to.
condor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 16:03   #6048
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Query on behalf of a friend who has a Hexa XE model.
Need suggestions for:
1. Rear camera with display (I think the OEM infotainment system display is too small so it will need a separate display unit?)

2. Dashcam

3. Good place to get the work done in Bangalore. Would prefer a place where they do a neat, unhurried wiring job.

Approximate costs for the above would help.
Old 6th December 2021, 18:32   #6049
Distinguished - BHPian

Since these queries may not be really Hexa specific and more generic due to the accessories you have asked I am pitching in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
1. Rear camera with display (I think the OEM infotainment system display is too small so it will need a separate display unit?)
The OE HU screen was around 5". This should still be sufficient as long as the camera is of good quality. Look no further than what is offered by Blaupunkt. They are the best aftermarket reverse camera.

Quote:
2. Dashcam
Again, nothing specific to Hexa as it is just a Dashcam. You can look at 70 MAI or DDPAI series and both are equally good and right now the most popular one. The Dashcam thread should certainly help you pick the right one. NextDigitron is authorised seller for both these brands and have a listing on Amazon as well.

Quote:
Approximate costs for the above would help.
Reverse Camera - 1800-2500/-
Dasham - 6000-15000/- (Depending on which one your friend picks)
paragsachania is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 13:49   #6050
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi - a friend of mine is facing issue with his AC of his Hexa. While it is in warranty, service centre is not able to procure the 'dashboard cooling coil'. Its been more than 2 weeks and service centre is unable to give any time estimate i.e. by when will the part be made available. I can share further details if needed. thanks
youknowitbetter is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 16:53   #6051
BHPian

Hi Bhpians

A friend of mine is considering a pre owned Hexa.

Could anyone please give insights on these questions

1. Option 1. XT manual 62k done 2017 model. Good interiors. Captain seats. Alloy wheels, oem tyres, Company owned
2. Option 2. XM manual. 2018 model. 15k done. Bench 2nd row. Individual. XM has no cruise control. But can cruise control be retrofitted in this model?
3. In 2nd option don't get 6 airbags, only 2. Also steel wheels, smaller tyres, fabric seats vs leather, no traction control, no hill hold and no Electronic stability program
4. Which one is better overall. I want to keep car for 4-5 years. Better tech more km or lower version less kms on odo

Both are similarly priced

Which one can he pick, the one with features or the sparsely used one? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by jithin23 : 10th December 2021 at 17:21. Reason: Added content
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 19:22   #6052
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Which one can he pick, the one with features or the sparsely used one? Thanks in advance.
Considering the features, #1 may be better. Features best if from factory.

Let him have the vehicle checked at TASS, and lookup the service history. As long as there are no repeated replacements, it should be fine. 67k is absolutely fine. I have done 1.05L on the same engine, and it runs beautifully.

Only point against the 2017 would be the higher cost of tyres when they have to be replaced.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 21:04   #6053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bhpians

Could anyone please give insights on these questions

With Hexa, always go for the older model if the odo reading is not vastly different. Tata had the habit of deleting features every other month to kill it. In this case it is even more easy, go for the XT as @condor suggested. It is safer and in all probability came with more features than even the later XT models.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 10th December 2021 at 21:05.
padmrajravi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 21:29   #6054
BHPian

Greetings fellow BHPians!

I am a newbie and I need help from the experienced members of this forum. I had posted this query on other threads but unfortunately, got no response. Hence, i am asking it again on this thread.

I am considering a 2019 Tata Hexa XTA registered in Chandigarh. The car has done about 32000 Kms and appears to be well kept barring a few minor scratches. It is the model without roof rails and with the old 5 inch ICE (without Android Auto).

The car is under extended warranty but has only third party insurance cover. The last price that the owner demands is 12.5 Lacs. Is this a fair price for a Hexa XTA?

Also, I request your inputs on what to look out for in this particular model while buying a pre-owned example? Inputs on specific parts that need to be replaced often or any service related issues are also welcome.

Do note that i have never bought a pre-owned car before, hence the noob questions.

Lastly, is a pre-owned Hexa still a good choice or is it advisable to buy an XUV 700? The delivery times of XUV-700 are not looking good.

Thanks!

PS: I have already gone over the thread on buying pre-owned cars and the Team BHP PDI list. This post is for information regarding this specific model.
Prashant1286 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 23:15   #6055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashant1286 View Post
Greetings fellow BHPians!

The car is under extended warranty but has only third party insurance cover. The last price that the owner demands is 12.5 Lacs. Is this a fair price for a Hexa XTA?

Also, I request your inputs on what to look out for in this particular model while buying a pre-owned example?

Do note that i have never bought a pre-owned car before, hence the noob questions.

Thanks!

PS: I have already gone over the thread on buying pre-owned cars and the Team BHP PDI list. This post is for information regarding this specific model.
The fact that the vehicle has only 3rd party insurance is a bit of a red flag for me.

Please check service history from TASS thoroughly. Also, please get details of the last year's insurance policy from the owner, and see if you can get the insurance company to provide you details of claims made in it, if any.

Go for the vehicle Only after convincing yourself that there is no history of any accident.

Regards
nvldvr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 19:15   #6056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
The fact that the vehicle has only 3rd party insurance is a bit of a red flag for me.

Please check service history from TASS thoroughly. Also, please get details of the last year's insurance policy from the owner, and see if you can get the insurance company to provide you details of claims made in it, if any.

Go for the vehicle Only after convincing yourself that there is no history of any accident.

Regards
Thank you nvldvr for the pointers.

The vehicle was bought with a one year comprehensive and three year third party insurance policy. The comprehensive cover has not been renewed by the owner.

I shall check the service history from TASS, though I am not sure as to how do I check the history from insurance provider.

Any other pointers/ directions from the esteemed members of this forum that I should keep in mind specifically about the Hexa?

Regards!
Prashant1286 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 21:13   #6057
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Lastly, is a pre-owned Hexa still a good choice or is it advisable to buy an XUV 700?
I would definitely consider the Hexa. When saying this, I am not comparing it with any other cars. If this car does clear service history and a check up at TASS, do try to negotiate. a little more. 12.5L is close t0 40% off ?

However, do remember to compare the 2019 XTA with say, a late 2017 XTA and check what was left out.

While the third party insurance only part can be a concern, there can be un-educated owners who dont understand the importance of having comprehensive cover. Hopefully, this is the case for this car. The extended warranty is a plus point for this particular piece.
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 22:44   #6058
BHPian

Quote:
The vehicle was bought with a one year comprehensive and three year third party insurance policy. The comprehensive cover has not been renewed by the owner.

I shall check the service history from TASS, though I am not sure as to how do I check the history from insurance provider.
I know one or two people who do not bother about insuring their vehicles, according to them its a waste of money. Do check from TASS as the vehicle may have faced an accident and the owner planned in advance to sell the vehicle, so he let the insurance expire hoping that any claim can not be checked by unsuspecting buyer. But we now have a way to check the insurance claimed by a vehicle.
http://www.uiic.in/vahan/iib_query.jsp
Enter the vehicle number and it will tell you about the claims made in last 5 years.
Sran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 17:47   #6059
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Bhpians

If available for the same price, the XT is the better bet. It is much better equipped and the odometer reading is nothing great for the Varicor 400. Although since you mention it's still running on the OEM tyres, they're probably at the end of their life and you'll have to spend anywhere between 50k to 1L depending on the tyre brand. Depending on the usage the clutch is also probably also worn out so factor in another 20k for that and timing belt replacement at 1,00,000km mark is also around the corner. After these 3 things are changed you won't have to think about any other major maintenance for a long time.
Old 22nd December 2021, 08:15   #6060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I would definitely consider the Hexa. If this car does clear service history and a check up at TASS, do try to negotiate a little more. 12.5L is close to 40% off ?

However, do remember to compare the 2019 XTA with say, a late 2017 XTA and check what was left out.
Thank you Condor!

I have bought the car. Had got a detailed check up done at TASS and they gave a thumbs up. The only parts replaced in this car were an OVRM and LH front door glass. The insurance was not renewed by the owner for personal reasons.

I would have loved to buy a well kept 2017 Hexa, but the NGT ruling in NCR mandates a later example, especially when I am planning to hold it for long term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
But we now have a way to check the insurance claimed by a vehicle.
http://www.uiic.in/vahan/iib_query.jsp
Enter the vehicle number and it will tell you about the claims made in last 5 years.
Thank you for this input Sran!

Although I could not check it through this link as the insurance for said car was not done through United India, I could check it through Tata motors delear ship who had sold one year comprehensive plus three year third party insurance at the time of selling this car. They confirmed that no claim was made in the first year.

Now that I have bought this car, I am on my way driving it down all the way from Chandigarh to Ooty. Wish me luck guys!
Prashant1286 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks