Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2020, 08:36   #5851
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post
Good to see the Hexa holding up in its value. It shows that it is a well engineered car. Wishing you many years with the vehicle. If you haven't already, you can get the extended warranty to the maximum duration possible.
I tried to buy the extended warranty but TATA or the dealers said they could not since it expired in Apr. The original owner as well did not buy it in the 3 months grace period.

Last edited by Ashwinbr : 27th December 2020 at 08:36. Reason: Spelling correction
Ashwinbr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 11:49   #5852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwinbr View Post
I tried to buy the extended warranty but TATA or the dealers said they could not since it expired in Apr. The original owner as well did not buy it in the 3 months grace period.
You could still try writing to the tata email and requesting. If your car is in immaculate condition they should be okay with it, or at least something with disclaimers. If it doesn't work that's okay but nothing wrong in trying. Lockdown was from March till almost August, local relaxation aside. Hence you are not unreasonably late.

Just be polite in your email. Usually if you request to escalate someone senior reviews it.

Main reason for warranty coverage is unforseen defects, not routine replacements. Hence they would understand because the Hexa was around for just 2 years. They offered a 4+ year warranty on my Nano earlier and on an expensive car like Hexa it should be way more.

Last edited by Cessna182 : 27th December 2020 at 11:55.
Old 27th December 2020, 20:20   #5853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Yes these are the same Varicor 400 engines doing duty in the current Hexa with the addition of an LNT. Also the BS6 motor is expected to produce the same 160 bhp/400nm output as before.

Like I had mentioned earlier, since the Varicor 400 engine was always BS5 compliant from day 1 Tata need not invest much time and effort into making it a BS6 unit. That's why they can get away with having just an LNT for such a large engine is what I am told.

So whereas Tata needed nearly 1.5 years for the BS6 conversion of the 2.0 Multijet, they are able to achieve the same for Hexa in less than 1 year.
Do you have any updates on Hexa BS6 variant coming any time soon? Entire festive season went by but there is no news.

Is TATA prioritizing Gravitas over Hexa as the only 6/7/8 seater car in it's portfolio?

Thanks in advance.
varunswnt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 10:48   #5854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Do you have any updates on Hexa BS6 variant coming any time soon? Entire festive season went by but there is no news.

Is TATA prioritizing Gravitas over Hexa as the only 6/7/8 seater car in it's portfolio?

Thanks in advance.
That is exactly what I was also waiting, however do give it a thought before you really say yes to this option. If Hexa was launched in April of 2020 with BS6 upgrade, the existing model with engine update would have been sufficient. However in 2021, if indeed the Hexa is launched again, would you be ok with the current looks and features ? I am a 2017 Hexa owner at present but I say so myself. Think about it, would you not want more features inside and outside ? Perhaps cosmetic updates, Keyless entry etc. ?
I doubt if the old model will sell again beyond few hundreds in today's time when you have Harrier - 5 Seater, Gravitas (coming soon in Jan) - 7 Seater.
The only thing Hexa will / can offer in addition would be the 4X4 option above Gravitas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
Guys, I am going to be in Bangalore a week from now and I was hoping to get a lead on someone who could help out with an upgrade to the headlight bulbs. I find the low beam to be quite weak especially on highways and want to upgrade to higher wattage bulbs. I checked around in Pune but haven't been able to find someone who seems confident enough with it. I was hoping to try out my luck in Bangalore. Any suggestions on whom I could approach?

I tried searching the forum but couldn't find any conclusive threads/posts on this.
Hello yd_gli, I would suggest something for your headlight concerns. So this is one of the biggest grouse of every Hexa owner. Now you have the following few options:
1. Go for HID in the Low Beams and LED in the High Beams
In this case you can just replace the current Halogens and get plug and play replacements. For HID, you can get one from Uglare which are CANBUS compatible and you will not face any MID reset issues if done properly and away from any metal parts. This will cost you somewhere around 7k for HID, Installation around 1.5k + LED as per your choice.
A few people in our group have done this and are happy with the result.

2. Replace the Low beam Lens to get better effect from the HIDs in addition to the points in Option 1. This will cost you a bit high and needs some more work. Preferably an expert who has done such a setup.

The colour of the HIDs can be chosen as per your preference, my preference is around 4500k - 6k [Yellow - Yellow/white]

I hope it works out for you.

Last edited by swarnava.ch : 28th December 2020 at 10:49. Reason: typo correction
swarnava.ch is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 19:35   #5855
BHPian

Regarding a BS6 Hexa, I would tend to agree with the above post that ppl would want different looks and more features etc. One option would be to keep the platform and have two/three models spawning the Sierra, Safari and the Hexa.
studedude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 23:34   #5856
BHPian

Spy shots of HBX and Altroz and BS6 Hexa
Picture courtesy: Rahul autospy
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20210103wa0127.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20210103wa0128.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20210103wa0129.jpg  

Last edited by KA18 : 3rd January 2021 at 23:36.
KA18 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 13:05   #5857
Senior - BHPian

A 'we miss you Safari' Ad from Tata. What is the point of such an ad now ? Could it be the Hexa Safari Edition ?

padmrajravi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 13:20   #5858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
The Hexa looks good with Roof Rails. I hope the tyres are 18" as option... miss the 19" despite the tyres sidewalls issues, & feel 235/60/R18 could be a perfect fit of aesthetic, comfort & longevity.
Old 4th January 2021, 14:21   #5859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
A 'we miss you Safari' Ad from Tata. What is the point of such an ad now ? Could it be the Hexa Safari Edition ?
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=hN-Dy1AO9aU
Quote:
Dear padmrajravi,KA18, This is very bad and you should not do like this.
I would request Moderators to block you or at least issue an Infraction for getting the hopes high of all us Hexa lovers like this and you never know at the end if TML releases the New Hexa or Not
(No Offence meant, only for fun)

On a more serious note, this kind of will we won’t we is really making things sad for Hexa in general, TML should come out with clear stand here and make some announcement to look forward to.
Besides Safari is an ICON of different level. I am not sure Safari lovers would really love this campaign or not. The Tata purists will hate it for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
The Hexa looks good with Roof Rails. I hope the tyres are 18" as option... miss the 19" despite the tyres sidewalls issues, & feel 235/60/R18 could be a perfect fit of aesthetic, comfort & longevity.
Doesn’t this look like the Safari Alloys from the last gen ?

Last edited by swarnava.ch : 4th January 2021 at 14:21. Reason: typo correction
Old 4th January 2021, 17:14   #5860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Doesn’t this look like the Safari Alloys from the last gen ?
If I recall correctly, the Hexa was also offered with these 17" alloy rims. These are derived from Aria IMO. Look God for off-road vehicle as well as classy to drive on road (maybe bit old).
CARDEEP is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 17:29   #5861
BHPian

Now that the Crysta is 30 lakhs OTR, imagine if the top end of this new Hexa is less than 20 lakhs OTR. Suddenly it will compete with Seltos, Creta, Harrier, City, Octavia etc etc and will stand out as a huge value for money product. And if that were to ever happen it will run huge waiting periods and the gravitas will rip.
Old 4th January 2021, 17:55   #5862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=hN-Dy1AO9aU
It seems like they want to leverage the Safari's cult-like status to attract people to the brand without actually manufacturing the car.

I so badly wish they bring back the Dicor as a true-blue off-road offering the way Mahindra offers the Thar.
Old 4th January 2021, 20:32   #5863
Senior - BHPian

Looking for suggestions for tyre replacement on my hexa xta 19inch wheels.

What are my options other than MRF? Are MRF available easily. Any recommended dealers in Hyderabad? Need 2 tyres minimum to keep going.

Anyone tried Bridgestone 235 55 R19s? They show up in Google search but not sure if they're available in the market.

Thanks
Srinivas
Old 4th January 2021, 21:49   #5864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
These kind of "BS6 Hexa" spyshots often make rounds on the internet. Many of them are obvious click-baits. What I don't understand is - on what basis are these touted to be "BS6"? I find it far easier and realistic to assume that these are usual company cars in the plant used to run on tender duties on test runs. For support, spares and other equipment carrying on long trips with actual under-test cars. I don't see a BS6 Hexa appearing too soon to be honest, if at all it comes i.e.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Now that the Crysta is 30 lakhs OTR, imagine if the top end of this new Hexa is less than 20 lakhs OTR. Suddenly it will compete with Seltos, Creta, Harrier, City, Octavia etc etc and will stand out as a huge value for money product. And if that were to ever happen it will run huge waiting periods and the gravitas will rip.
Launching a Hexa - i.e. with the associated build & material quality all round in that car - at <20 lakhs is a mathematical impossibility pretty much. In a world where monocoques are selling at over 20 lakhs, a large ladder-on-frame vehicle with high quality interiors at 20 lakhs will kill a lot of competition + Tata Motors itself thanks to poor margin. Then again - the realistic chances of Hexa sales suddenly going out of the roof - are slim. It was available for much less than today's Harrier's prices just over an year ago. Sales were laughable. Everyone liked it - nobody actually bought it for one reason or the other.

Last edited by Reinhard : 4th January 2021 at 21:50.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 12:09   #5865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Looking for suggestions for tyre replacement on my hexa xta 19inch wheels.

What are my options other than MRF? Are MRF available easily. Any recommended dealers in Hyderabad? Need 2 tyres minimum to keep going.

Anyone tried Bridgestone 235 55 R19s? They show up in Google search but not sure if they're available in the market.

Thanks
Srinivas
Let me summarize the experience from fellow Hexa owners in Bangalore (I see that you are also in Bangalore).

1. MRFs seems to be the best option, available at TASS or MRF dealers for ~13.5k There was some availability issues but you can post an order with either your TASS or MRF Authorized dealers in Bangalore and they will get it for you on order.
Some people have done almost 55k kms on these so I feel these are good except the first few owners who reported issues. Also do take care to maintain proper pressure for these.

2. Few owners in the group have used MOMO tyres. These are china imports but I guess after the import ban the availability of these are also impacted. Cost and size was similar to MRF stock and even feedback was the same.
I don’t have any personal experience here, just read comments.

3. One Member from MH purchased Goodyear 255/55 R19. I guess these are from the Gloster (not sure, guessing) but he has shared similar feedback. no issues and easy fit on the current 19 inchers. The size of this and standard MRF (stock size) has a small difference which you need to be mindful of. Cost was almost in the same range as MRF.
Did you mean Bridgestone or Goodyear ?

4. There are Pirelli tyres available as well in the stock MRF size but they cost almost 24k per tyre and again availability might be an issue now due to import restrictions. One member has used this and was happy but to be honest, spending 1 lakh on just tyre replacement is a bit of a concern for me personally.

So suggest you to make up your mind, decide and then talk to the dealer accordingly.

Last edited by swarnava.ch : 5th January 2021 at 12:11. Reason: making the size diff bold
swarnava.ch is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed