Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2017, 17:13   #571
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post

Wow, just amazing. Is this really happens. I mean, can all 4x4 vehicles like Endeavour, Fortuner, XUV do this.

KK
Old 6th January 2017, 17:38   #572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post
was posted around 10 pages back.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 17:44   #573
BHPian

Went to check Hexa at Concorde Baner showroom. Liked the car will do more TDs soon. One strange thing SA said was Innova Bombay body and Hexa was Goa body. I swear I have never heard these terms before. Anyone here has any idea or as usual bluffing?
Old 6th January 2017, 17:49   #574
BHPian

Took a test drive of the Hexa today , with a back to back Test Drive of Innova , to get a good instant comparison between the two .

My two cents , and first hand feel .

Innova doesnt feel half as good as the Hexa .

Test drove the AT on both the MUVs and I was blown away by the mannerism of the Hexa . Wife too had same observation .

The equipment level on the hexa is superb .

I just couldnt digest so much of black interior . Since i have 3 dogs and a toddler , it'll be hard to keep it looking clean since black shows the smallest spec of dust with three dogs I will always keep seeing dog hair . I would have been happier with a brown shade for the food mats .

Plus all the area where feet are in contact will always show foot marks . Makes the cars look dirty .

The Hexa just drives like a dream , handles like a dream . now just waiting for the pricing .
gautamkhadse is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 19:05   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
Innova doesnt feel half as good as the Hexa .
Your comments make it look like the Innova beater is finally here. Hopefully they price it right and pull the people towards Hexa.
Old 6th January 2017, 19:47   #576
Distinguished - BHPian

A close look at the Hexa XT 4x4 7-seater variant in Blue. (video courtesy Mukesh)

RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 20:15   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A close look at the Hexa XT 4x4 7-seater variant in Blue. (video courtesy Mukesh)
Looking at the middle row seats i get this doubt: do the bench seats have an option to be slid front and back? Apart from the folding adjustment. If so, then this car will have the most comfortable third row seats in its segment!
Could someone confirm?

Last edited by Eddy : 7th January 2017 at 14:16. Reason: quoting a video hampers readability for our small screen users
Old 6th January 2017, 22:04   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Wow, just amazing. Is this really happens. I mean, can all 4x4 vehicles like Endeavour, Fortuner, XUV do this.

KK
It is the skill of the driver. Any car can be driven by such drivers.
For example check this link
Guna is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 11:21   #579
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Looking at the middle row seats i get this doubt: do the bench seats have an option to be slid front and back? Apart from the folding adjustment. If so, then this car will have the most comfortable third row seats in its segment!
Could someone confirm?
In ARIA middle row has sliding option. So it should be there in Hexa also. Because they both have almost the same interiors.
Old 7th January 2017, 13:29   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
In ARIA middle row has sliding option. So it should be there in Hexa also. Because they both have almost the same interiors.
The middle row seats do slide back and forth and also tumble , to allow getting in the third row .

However the tumble isnt the smoothest and the execution of the tumble isnt the best.

Innova does it flawlessly executing the one touch tumble is effortless .

With the Hexa its a bit of a wrestle . Even then , because of the height of the middle seat , it doesnt allow the seat to tumble completely .

However the third row seating in the hexa is much much more confortable that the Innova . An adult of about my build ( 100 kg , well wide build , 5' 10 ") can sit there for a decently long drive and not get irritated .

The Rear cooling in the hexa is still handled by blowers located in the pillars however innova handles it with roof top blowers like the ertiga , which IMHO is the best implementation .
gautamkhadse is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 14:20   #581
BHPian

The center console extension with the ac vents, charging port and cup holder seems to severely restrict legroom for the middle row center passenger. Any comments on how uncomfortable or manageable this is from folks who have checked out the 7 seat version in person? Also I have a more fundamental question. The vehicle seems wide enough. So why aren't there 3 seats in the third row?
Old 7th January 2017, 14:33   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Could someone confirm?
Yes the middle bench can slid front and Back.

Had been to the Hexa experience centre in chennai yesterday. Having seen the car in person last month was very keen on the test drive. Knowing that i'll be driving a Hexa, I test drove Crysta Automatic and friends XUV auto before getting into the Hexa.

Hexa is way ahead. I drive a Civic Automatic and only Hexa betters in smoother gear shifts.Push the lever left and engage race car mode, the 'car' is fun to drive, the best at this price point (+ or - few million rupees). Like many said, hexa glides over potholes.Unlike many people said I find the 3rd row usable. Im 5'11.

I do not race on road, so was not looking into the performance figures much. But I feel the power and torque along with the clever auto box is more than adequate for me on our roads. I wish Tata's could have given the organ type A pedal instead of the suspended one. Couldn't check the cruise control. That's planned in the longer test drive later this month.

One major grouse though is the driving position. there is very limited range to get a comfortable position. after 10 mins of sitting in Hexa and sitting on my civic, the civics seat was like a couch. This shows a messed up ergonomics in Hexa. Hope, I find a comfortable position, else got to look for a chauffeur.

Since im looking for an Auto, did not spend much time on the manual.

There were lots of Hexa's in Arizona blue and tungsten Silver. Was not a fan of silver before. But this color grows on you. one Hexa in Sky grey was displayed with Tuff accessories. That was Butch. Its now a choice between Tungsten silver and Sky grey.

When it comes to XUV vs Crysta Vs Hexa, its hexa all the way and hope Tata prices the product sensibly. All that is pending now is a long test drive, price and couple of help from the government.
varunanb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 15:14   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Went to check Hexa at Concorde Baner showroom. Liked the car will do more TDs soon. One strange thing SA said was Innova Bombay body and Hexa was Goa body. I swear I have never heard these terms before. Anyone here has any idea or as usual bluffing?
Must be an ignorant sales guy or someone who has come from coach building industry (like they do body building in Goa...). Or are there parts suppliers in Bombay/Goa who supply the body parts for Hexa? Normally the body parts (sheet metal stampings) are done in-house and are not outsourced.
Old 7th January 2017, 16:58   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Must be an ignorant sales guy or someone who has come from coach building industry (like they do body building in Goa...). Or are there parts suppliers in Bombay/Goa who supply the body parts for Hexa? Normally the body parts (sheet metal stampings) are done in-house and are not outsourced.
GOA stands for Global Outstanding Assessment (GOA) Body. It is a term used for the car structure specific to Toyota.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-goa.jpg

Similarly Honda uses the term "ACE" - Advanced Compatibility Engineering. Link

For Tata I am not sure about the term. However, I am sure they don't use the term Bombay for their body structure.

Last edited by PraNeel : 7th January 2017 at 17:01.
PraNeel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 18:49   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
GOA stands for Global Outstanding Assessment (GOA) Body. It is a term used for the car structure specific to Toyota.

For Tata I am not sure about the term. However, I am sure they don't use the term Bombay for their body structure.
Thanks for clarifying. Obviously this sales man has picked up the word 'GOA' (which has nothing to do with Goa the state) and cooked up his own 'Bombay' for Tata .
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks