Team-BHP - Tata Hexa : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Hexa : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/181903-tata-hexa-official-review-389.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by damodar (Post 4931948)
This seems to be more like dampness from an initial leakage, wipe it with a cloth and see if it reoccurs . An oil leakage will be more wet to the touch and if it's dry enough you shouldn't worry.

It was all clear when I last saw it 500kms ago. I went to the service station they said they will change the packing and it will not reoccur. I am not used to Diesels as have been a Petrol user throughout. Is oil part of exhaust gases in Diesel which leads to such issue as petrol vehicles are usually extremely clear on the exhaust port.For now the service advisor has ordered the parts and will call when they arrive for fitment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph03n!x (Post 4925839)
Which part of Hyderabad? I used to service my Nano in Venkataramana Motors (TASS) in Kondapur (road opposite to RTA office/ Renault showroom - has power transmission towers through the road's stretch).

The service was good, though check parts availability over phone - they made me wait 6 months for the Nano's spark plug and HT connector replacement.

I'm in Bowenpally but dont mind going to hitec or other areas for a competent service center.

Any reviews of

Malik cars on the NH 44
Brindavan motors - tarbund
Is it worth going to Concorde ? though its far away ?
Is Tejaswi motors - hitec city still operational ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by smsrini (Post 4932703)
I'm in Bowenpally but dont mind going to hitec or other areas for a competent service center.

Any reviews of

Malik cars on the NH 44
Brindavan motors - tarbund
Is it worth going to Concorde ? though its far away ?
Is Tejaswi motors - hitec city still operational ?

Malik Cars on NH44 is quite capable. My car is being handled by them only. Service is pretty good. Let me know if you want the contact of the workshop manager there. Or even Pranavi Motors near Suchitra is good. Wouldn't suggest Tejaswi as such. Concorde is closed I believe. They had their outlet in Sanathnagar before.

Not sure... but #HexaExperience?
Are we or are we not inching closer to the Hexa's launch?

Tata Motors just put up this post about the SOUL community.

Either it's a bummer or a bumper!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kung_foo_fanta (Post 4934869)
Not sure... but #HexaExperience?
Are we or are we not inching closer to the Hexa's launch?

Tata Motors just put up this post about the SOUL community.

Either it's a bummer or a bumper!

Actually this was an invitation for the Hexa Owners Breakfast drive to a Lake near outskirts of Bangalore (80kms) tomorrow 22 Nov.
I don’t think they are launching Hexa right now :)

Actually this is not the time any more to Launch a new car model at the end of the year. All launches will be reserved for Next year Jan / Feb.
Same is the case with Buzzard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarnava.ch (Post 4936447)
All launches will be reserved for Next year Jan / Feb.
Same is the case with Buzzard.

Did you really have to burst all of my happy balloons in one sentence? :D
I had hopes, wishes & really hopeful wishes!
But yes, let's hope 2021 brings in all the cars we wished to see, with the specs we really like and most importantly, in lower price brackets than we expect to see! lol:

Tata Hexa will not be coming back. Tata has got rid of the Aria chassis/platform and all future launches will not be body on frame. This is a common strategy adopted by TML and JLR as well. Any new MPV/MUV (if launched) will be on a monocoque platform.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirbusCapt (Post 4936670)
Tata Hexa will not be coming back. Tata has got rid of the Aria chassis/platform and all future launches will not be body on frame. This is a common strategy adopted by TML and JLR as well. Any new MPV/MUV (if launched) will be on a monocoque platform.

It would be nice if you could share some information about the source for this input.
If it is true, best wishes to Tata.

For an average buyer, 15 or 20 lakhs is a big amount. It sucks to see a brand that was almost universally appreciated get discontinued because of the shameful incompetence of the marketing divisions. Tata deserves the low sales it gets, and it will continue to get worse.

Ford manages to sell a 40+ lakh Endeavor despite rumors about it merging with Mahindra. MG manages to sell a 40 lakh gloster despite being a new entrant. And Tata cannot sell a Hexa despite it being universally acknowledged as a great car for families, with probably the best ride quality in the 30 lakh range, with decent off road capabilities in the 4x4 version. In a different segment, VW manages to sell 11+ year old polo and vento as an aspirational product. But Tata cannot manage to sell any of its brands which have some good reputation.

Tata deserves every quarter on quarter loss it inflicts on shareholders. The company strategy is being led by folks who probably have a fancy MBA but 0 understanding of how brand loyalty works in India. Best wishes to the owners. I won't touch a Tata with a barge pole ever again, or recommend it to anyone. They discontinued all 7 seater cars now. Even Renault has one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cessna182 (Post 4936676)
It would be nice if you could share some information about the source for this input.
If it is true, best wishes to Tata.

For an average buyer, 15 or 20 lakhs is a big

It's all over the news. Upcoming e vehicle requirements, increasing crashworthiness norms, reduced weight to save fuel, hybrid tech, hydrogen fuel cell tech all mean that a body on frame chassis is not the future. Tata is concentrating efforts on better safety initiatives, their entire media campaign is based on the same.

https://brandequity.economictimes.in...paign/78587708

Trust Toyota and the likes to keep plugging ancient technology unless banned by regulations, they have no stake in India except money making.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ruction-411336

Have to disagree

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirbusCapt (Post 4936699)
It's all over the news. Upcoming e vehicle requirements, increasing crashworthiness norms...... Tata is concentrating efforts on better safety initiatives, their entire media campaign is based on the same....

While I wouldn't want to question Tata's Alfa-Omega only strategy, as it has proved quite successful for them.

They really did vacate the body on frame segment unceremoniously. The X2 platform had so much potential, but they threw it all away.
And not just that, without much of ICE developments, the whole Omega platform looks like a sitting duck.
For an outsider, the Alfa platform looks promising, but for the Omega platform? They are constrained on the power-train aspect, and no amount of EV age is here excuses will suffice.
Really, who wouldn't want Tata to have a Thar/Bolero/Scorpio rival?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirbusCapt (Post 4936699)
Trust Toyota and the likes to keep plugging ancient technology unless banned by regulations, they have no stake in India except money making.

:OT
While I agree Toyota is not a cutting edge technology leader, and is super conservative.
To term 'body on frame' as ancient is a pretty rich statement.
Ofcourse the layout is ancient, and regarding safety they are statistically less safe than monocoque based ones.

But doesn't mean they have no place on this world.
For every Wrangler/Jimny that does poorly in crash tests, there are G classes and Ford/Toyotas that score five stars in safety tests.
Vehicles have different applications, and some really do need body on frame structure. Even Hyundai/Kia is planning on one.

If safety was paramount, then every vehicle should be a full size three box sedan with transverse mounted engine, or maybe a crossover like the XC90 armed with active safety aids. :D

Tata maybe trying to concentrate on and streamline their line-up, but regarding Land Rover abandoning body on frame is just them subtly telling that they are aware their vehicles are no more proper work horses, but style statements.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amol4184 (Post 4925847)
Is Hexa permanently discontinued? I was under the impression that BS4 version was discontinued and BS6 was still on paper and supposed to launch in few months. COVID would have put hold on the plans. Shame if they killed it altogether.

Seems Tata is in no mood to launch Hexa with BS6 engine.

Please see this reply from TATA on their twitter Handle

I was looking forward to Hexa in BS6 variant. Now even skeptical to consider Pre-owned one, as future resale value and service & spares would be an issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sankdeshmukh (Post 4940279)
Seems Tata is in no mood to launch Hexa with BS6 engine.

Please see this reply from TATA on their twitter Handle

I was looking forward to Hexa in BS6 variant. Now even skeptical to consider Pre-owned one, as future resale value and service & spares would be an issue.

Your question seems more like a statement. I am not even a 100% sure if the marketing guys understood what you wanted to convey.

Besides, their response is a standard one. Every single manufacturer asks you to stay tuned to their social media pages when you ask them about a new product launch (it's the same with Samsung, LG, Xiaomi etc. so it's not like its limited to this industry alone).

Quote:

Originally Posted by JithinR (Post 4940287)
Besides, their response is a standard one. Every single manufacturer asks you to stay tuned to their social media pages when you ask them about a new product launch (it's the same with Samsung, LG, Xiaomi etc. so it's not like its limited to this industry alone).

Right you are!

I had e-mailed Mahindra enquiring about the BS6 TUV 300 Plus. They pretty much gave me the same canned response, that as a matter of policy they don't discuss product strategies or launches etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicKy (Post 4936734)
For an outsider, the Alfa platform looks promising, but for the Omega platform? They are constrained on the power-train aspect, and no amount of EV age is here excuses will suffice.
Really, who wouldn't want Tata to have a Thar/Bolero/Scorpio rival?

If Tata is ditching the old models and focusing on Tiago, Altroz, Nexon , Harrier - then good for them. They can certainly move up market without having any utility tag attached.

However the Altroz turbo got delayed, Harrier automatic got delayed, having stopped all cars that had RWD layout (Sumo, why would you let go of Sumo?) tells me they sure have a power-train problem.

Any more sightings of that rumored Hexa XMA 4x4 or something similar which was seen near Pune if I am not wrong.
On another end, sometime in the beginning of this year Tata Motors mentioned they aren't stopping Hexa production but planning to resume with BS6 etc. I am not sure if this was a knee jerk reaction or a well thought through one.
Hexa does have it's set of shortcomings and niggles. But those are fixable. And if you see competitor Mahindra working on the next gen Scorpio with BS6, it means there is a market for Body on Frame SUVs. Yes it's a small market and Hexa never sold as a hot item off the shelf more due to some of the product issues and mostly because of a mismanaged marketing campaign or the lack of it. Product issues again, were fixable and with BS6 they had an opportunity. But looks like they are planning to give that space on a platter to Mahindra. Looks like the Hexa-Safari edition at Auto Expo was more of a send-off edition for both Safari and Hexa!