Team-BHP - Tata Hexa : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Hexa : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/181903-tata-hexa-official-review-384.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mostlynerd (Post 4848337)
You are getting a lot better mileage than I ever got in the city :-) MY city running mileage is about 11. On the highways I have gotten up to 16. However mine is the XTA and might have some other factors affecting it.

On the wheel design, I completely agree with you. The XTA has the 19 inch wheels. This is what really makes the Hexa stand apart. A lot of people downgraded to 16 inch wheels and none of the aftermarket ones seem good to me. I am sticking with the 19s.

I changed the stock bulbs to higher brightness ones from Osram. Didnt face any errors.

could probably be the 19" Alloys, i'm told by my cousin who also has a XTA, we both took a 2000 Km road trip once and i was consistently getting better FE than him, only differentiating factor was the 19in alloys.

i changed them to OSRAM as well, but the errors were still there so i moved back to stock bulbs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivathedude (Post 4656024)
Write to Tata customer care, and post on Twitter as well. Usually, they return the booking amount if you cancel the booking. Visit the dealership once and talk to them in person rather than mailing them.

Thank you very much for your advice. I did talk to Tata Customer care and had to visit dealership once but eventually the issue is resolved. After multiple followups, they have refunded the money back.

Does anyone have any updates about the BS6 hexa?

I missed the pre BS6 window to get my hands on one and now i am hoping that it is launched soon. I think Hexa XTA is the best 7 seat family car one can buy in India at a reasonable price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46TheDoctor (Post 4850298)

I missed the pre BS6 window to get my hands on one and now i am hoping that it is launched soon. I think Hexa XTA is the best 7 seat family car one can buy in India at a reasonable price.

I think you'd be better off buying a pre-worshipped Hexa in good condition rather than waiting for BS6 variant. Hexa undoubtedly is an amazing beast, but Tata is not serious about it. Go for pre worshipped XT/XTA with all bells and whistles as newer models lack some features too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by padmrajravi (Post 4845122)
I got it done outside from one of the THOR group members. He supplies different kinds of roof rails and carriers for Hexa.

Could you please share the contact details if it's OK with you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalnirvana (Post 4850395)
Could you please share the contact details if it's OK with you?

Have sent the details via PM. It costs about 3500 if I remember correctly. Only for looks.

Found this on my news updates tab.
GaadiWaadi.com: Tata Hexa Collides Head-On With Bus; Driver & Owner Miraculously Escape.
https://gaadiwaadi.com/tata-hexa-col...lously-escape/

Tata Hexa was based on the body-on-frame chassis previously used by the Aria and the video below reiterates its sturdy build quality
Tata Motors has been creating cars of high quality safety standards as the Tiago, Tigor, Nexon, Harrier and the discontinued Hexa are prime examples. We are often seeing accident reports showing the driver and passengers escaping unhurt in massive accidents courtesy of the top-notch build and here is another example bringing Hexa’s safety cocoon into the forefront.

In promotional videos, Tata boasted of the Hexa’s build quality as it was tested in extreme weather and surface conditions. Standing in testament to its build nature, an accident was noted by a Youtuber. Occurred one year ago near Pilibhit in Uttar Pradesh, it was one of the horrific collisions we had ever seen but it must be brought into limelight as both driver and owner are alive.

The owner said he was on a business outing and found the driver of a bus suddenly trying to overtake a truck without acknowledging a tractor trolley ahead. Resultantly, the driver could not make the overtaking maneuver stick right on time and instead rammed onto the oncoming Tata Hexa in a heavy impact. The front portion of the Hexa was nowhere to be seen due to the severity of the crash.

Luckily, the owner as well as driver is alive but with major injuries. The former endured a badly injured right hip socket and his sciatic nerve was stretched leading to loss of sensory in his right foot. However, he has been slowly recovering and he was convinced of not seeing the light if the impact was on any other car with below par build quality.

The Global NCAP crash test results in recent times highlighted the safer cars currently on sale in India and it includes Tata Nexon and Altroz as both scored five star rating. They secured five stars for adult occupant protection and three stars for child occupant protection.

The Tiago hatchback and Tigor compact sedan received four stars from GNCAP while previously, the Zest was also awarded four stars from the crash test organisation.

This is my first post on Team bhp

Dear all,
Is it possible to buy Hexa today ? I mean before the launch of BS6 specifications. It is available at the dealerships ??

Quote:

My Personal guess is that you may see the car launched around Festive season / Diwali this year. In general the New car launches are facing some delays from all vendors but I am very hopeful. Something very strange is that we have not had any Hexa BS6 test vehicle caught on road in any scoops yet which is a bit surprising.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noopster1008 (Post 4855864)
Dear all,
Is it possible to buy Hexa today ? I mean before the launch of BS6 specifications. It is available at the dealerships ??

Today you can only get Pre Owned, new model purchase not possible till its launched with BS6 Updates.

I have reported this problem of fogging of my headlamps and fog lamps to the ASC from whom I bought the hulk. I've been told that this is normal and nothing to be worried about. I'm not too convinced.
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20200820wa0065.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20200820wa0063.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20200820wa0064.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20200820wa0066.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drlmtukkar (Post 4869229)
I have reported this problem of fogging of my headlamps and fog lamps to the ASC from whom I bought the hulk. I've been told that this is normal and nothing to be worried about. I'm not too convinced.

I have faced the similar issue with Storme headlamps, later I could sort it out by removing the breather cap and cleaning the small filter (sponge).
You can try it, its easy. Just pry out the grey colored rubber cap behind the headlamp later you can see a sponge coming out of that tiny tube remove and clean any dust in it.

Beautiful conversation about the Hexa. Totally agree with them.

http://youtu.be/7re46bfR30Q

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drlmtukkar (Post 4869229)

I have the same issue and many more Hexa owners have reported the same.
To be honest it doesn’t matter really so much however if you want, you can file it under warranty claim and request for a replacement.
I personally would not do it and the thumb rule for me is don’t fix, if it isn’t broken :)

So you can talk to your SA and ask for a replacement free of cost in case there are no external damages for the Headlights or Fog Lamps.

Quote:

Same here, man, same here.

Anyone in Pune comes across a good condition XTA, do let me know. Looking at Harrier pricing, Hexa really was better value for money.

I am considering a pre owned Hexa (XTA/XT). Have explored a few options and in the process of shortlisting after TDs.

Reaching out to the owners to see if there any obvious/ known issues i should watch for? Like i read about some wiper motor issues.