Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2019, 10:36   #5386
BANNED

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj77 View Post
There is a rumor that the Hexa is going to be one of the models discontinued from next year, once existing stocks are over.

Obviously, Tata will deny this officially, so that people don't stop buying the existing stocks.
Hexa is an image builder for Tata Motors, they can't risk pulling it out of their current portfolio, if they do so then it must be a stupid move. It is not bringing them numbers as expected, it is helping them build the positive image beyond the company's imagination!

They might have initially thought of discontinuing it but later on decided to continue it as per the recent interviews of the company personnel.
wheelguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 11:42   #5387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Hexa is an image builder for Tata Motors, they can't risk pulling it out of their current portfolio, if they do so then it must be a stupid move. It is not bringing them numbers as expected, it is helping them build the positive image beyond the company's imagination!

Don't know if people would agree with me but its on similar lines with what Mahindra is trying with the Alturas G4.

No need to set the sales chart on fire, they just need the presence. Because in the future if they bring some new product, people wouldn't hesitate putting in such large sums of money, because they would probably look back at the Hexa and Alturas.

Don't forget, this is one of the reasons Maruti tied up with Toyota.
TROOPER is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 13:30   #5388
BHPian

360 pages of this thread. And a lot of non-Hexa owners (inc me) visit this page frequently and check the contents. I guess, I've gone through the review a few times as well.

Shows that the vehicle is a desirable product, though it hasn't set the sales chart on fire. I agree with what's said above. The Hexa has turned around the image of TATA vehicles being unreliable and fraught with issues as well as showing how premium its interiors can be.

Glad to read that its not a loss maker for TATA even with its small numbers.
krish3 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 19:00   #5389
BHPian

I think the manufacturing quality has gone down for Hexa. In our new Hexa, 3 months old and done only 3000 KM's, I am experiencing the below problems ...

1. Pulling to left,
2. Rattles from the dashboard (left side) and doors (left side - both front and rear).

While these are minor issues and should get fixed in the 2nd free service, I definitely did not expected this in a brand new vehicle. Very dissapointed.

+Ves experienced by me are ...

1. Gear shift is much improved from earlier, only 2nd gear is a bit tight in the begining, becomes easy within 3-4 KM's of ride,
2. Engine pulls fantastically in 4th, 5th n 6th gears (there is however a prominent lag from 1000 to 1500 rpm i.e., up to 3rd gear),
3. Cruising @ 100 - 120 Kmph with hardly any engine noise or engine vibrations,
4. Ride quality is definitely better, much more comfortable compared to XUV 500,
5. There is much lesser side-to-side movements in bad uneven roads (XUV gives harsh jerks),
6. Avg FE of 18.5 Kmpl,
7. Feels very solid and very safe inside,
8. Clutch is light, feels very close to a petrol clutch,
9. Can travel faster on bad uneven roads,
10. Seat thigh support is excellent.

Last edited by Sheel : 15th December 2019 at 20:25. Reason: n = and, r = are. Please type in full, no SMS/chat language. Thank You.
SaurabhB is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 16:14   #5390
BHPian

Just came back after visiting the showroom at chembur. The current discount offered is 1 lakh for freshly baked Hexa and while for April-May make discount is 2lakhs. After hard bargaining discount for fresh one goes upto 1.75lakhs max and for earlier make 2.25lakhs max. An earlier make is available only with urban bronze colour with manual 7 seater. New ones have also limited colour choices as production has stopped and you have to select from available colours only. Is this a good deal or should I bargain further. Any inputs for which I should bargain further. The above discount includes cash discount, corporate discount, dealer discount. No free extended warranty or discount on AMC packages.
sandeepsc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 17:26   #5391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
Just came back after visiting the showroom at chembur. The current discount offered is 1 lakh for freshly baked Hexa and while for April-May make discount is 2lakhs. After hard bargaining discount for fresh one goes upto 1.75lakhs max and for earlier make 2.25lakhs max. An earlier make is available only with urban bronze colour with manual 7 seater. New ones have also limited colour choices as production has stopped and you have to select from available colours only. Is this a good deal or should I bargain further. Any inputs for which I should bargain further. The above discount includes cash discount, corporate discount, dealer discount. No free extended warranty or discount on AMC packages.
Hexa as a product is superb, but if the production is stopped then the discontinuation might be on the cards now. Unlike Maruti-Hyundai, Tata is notorious in messing up the parts supply of discontinued models. Trims will be a pain to source in such a case. Do factor in all while considering a 2 lac discount. A discount of 5 lac on Captur and a 1.5 lac on Kicks is deterring for similar reasons.
Old 15th December 2019, 17:55   #5392
BHPian

Tata has confirmed multiple times that hexa will continue, in BS6, but after some time. Discontinuation is not on cards at all.
Abhishek_Garg is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 18:12   #5393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Hexa as a product is superb, but if the production is stopped then the discontinuation might be on the cards now. Unlike Maruti-Hyundai, Tata is notorious in messing up the parts supply of discontinued models. Trims will be a pain to source in such a case. Do factor in all while considering a 2 lac discount. A discount of 5 lac on Captur and a 1.5 lac on Kicks is deterring for similar reasons.
5 Lacs discount on the Captur? Wow! I thought the discount was limited to 3 lacs? Please share any further information you have on Captur discounts.
84.monsoon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 18:23   #5394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
5 Lacs discount on the Captur? Wow! I thought the discount was limited to 3 lacs? Please share any further information you have on Captur discounts.
My bad, Captur has 3, the 5 lac on the CRV was on the mind.
Old 15th December 2019, 19:41   #5395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
My Hexa XTA suffered damage to its front and back bumpers on being sandwiched between cars during a pile up......

Sad to see a superb car being let down unnecessarily by poor support.
Any update on your Hexa's repair?

Has Tata sorted the parts problems out?
TROOPER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 20:48   #5396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
Any update on your Hexa's repair?

Has Tata sorted the parts problems out?
Received the car on Friday night. However, I sent her back as a few minor niggles and updates we left undone. Was finally delivered today. Happy to report that all work has been done and done to my satisfaction.

The parts issue has been resolved.

Steering rack and rear left door lock set were replaced under warranty. All 4 discs and pads were replaced under gold AMC. Auto fold ORVMs were activated.

Kudos to Treo Tata and friendly Sardarji incharge of the workshop for being honest about the issue at their end and ultimately for a job well done.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 21:23   #5397
BHPian

Just in final stage of finalizing Hexa. Some formalities are to be done and hope so by tomorrow evening will book Hexa XT. Exciting day ahead.
sandeepsc is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 21:56   #5398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just in final stage of finalizing Hexa. Some formalities are to be done and hope so by tomorrow evening will book Hexa XT. Exciting day ahead.
A friendly advice from a happy owner - drop the XT and go for the XTA instead. The slushbox is a fantastic piece of equipment and is well worth the extra lakh for the convenience alone. Zero transmission related maintenance costs are added bonus (no periodic clutch overhauls, no gear oil replacements). Trust me, if it is the Hexa, make sure it is an automatic.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 22:02   #5399
Senior - BHPian

Some update regarding the Hexa BS6.

1.The Hexa BS6 is definitely and without a shadow of a doubt coming next year. Yes it will be temporarily pulled off the shelves after April 2020 but will relaunch around diwali next year.

2. There will be a teaser put up at the Tata Motors Auto Expo stall which will put to rest any discontinuation rumors.

3. Tata will launch the Hexa BS6 most likely without an SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) and with an LNT (Lean Nitrox Trap) which will result in significant cost reduction.

4. The Varicor 400 engine is already BS5 compliant so Tata can launch the BS6 variant within a lesser time frame as they have to make a jump of only 1 step compared to other manufacturers who have to jump 2 steps.

5. Hexa most likely will be repositioned in 3 categories I.e. Cab,Private(luxury) and 4×4 which sounds similar to what is currently offered but still some clarity is needed on the same.

6. Also Hexa is expected to gain some features in the BS6 avatar. Which features is still unknown but most likely an Auto dimming IRVM and Xenon headlamps along with a sunroof will be offered.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th December 2019 at 18:39. Reason: Added full forms of SCR and LNT for clarity.
ram87pune is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 22:14   #5400
BHPian

Quote:
Finally how much discount did you get? I enquired in Pune, and was told that 1 lakh is standard discount, and we will forego all the dealer commission in insurance.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks