Team-BHP - Tata Hexa : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Hexa : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/181903-tata-hexa-official-review-357.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram87pune (Post 4710475)
Now imagine if a customer does not find the dual tone option appealing but he likes the Hexa otherwise, he may cancel his purchase and go for a rival manufacturer. And this will be completely Tata's fault. When there are umpteen people who are ready to bash you for even small things then you should not give them such easy fodder.

That’s the real apathy from Tata Motors. They have niche products but don’t have customer study. They measure all customers in one same scale. Some might fond of dual tone and some not. You have to gauge customer sentiments and act accordingly. Look at Kia Motors. They have done full proof study before entering in India. With single product Seltos, they have outperformed Tata. Seltos has something for everyone right from base model to top end. Tata have to learn faster in order capitalize the market otherwise as you rightly said potential customers will find alternate choice. Give customer the choice what they want.

In my office Tata Motors regularly sets up a stall. Today I saw a banner saying 1.6 lakhs benefits on Hexa.
Cash Discount - 50k
Exclusive Tata Group Discount - 50k
Exchange Bonus - 50k
AMC benefits - 10k

I am sure even without exchange and being a regular customer discount of 1 lakh can be negotiated with dealers.

One more observation - In my office parking a Hexa is parked next to Ford Endeavor many times. I must say Hexa looks a vehicle from same class at half the price.

I don't know why Tata is not interested in sprucing up this vehicle a little, market it better and get much better sales numbers.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-endyhexasidebyside.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by PraNeel (Post 4710563)

I don't know why Tata is not interested in sprucing up this vehicle a little, market it better and get much better sales numbers.

Attachment 1944950

Hexa punching above its weight :cool:

I guess that's exactly what they are planning. Mayank Pareek said they'll re-position it. They cannot risk downgrading the Hexa. It'll piss off current owners and make the current Hexa more attractive to prospective customers. Also below 15 lac are the mileage sensitive segments. No point fighting a losing war with Ertiga, XL6, Marazzo and maybe Hyundai too in near future?

They'll probably throw some more bling-ware at it, electric seats, sunroof and whatnot and increase the prices. But just undercut the innova. As bhpian ram87pune said that the Hexa is profitable for TAMO, they'll be content with BS6 Hexa stealing 250-300 Innova customers per month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROOPER (Post 4710641)
They'll probably throw some more bling-ware at it, electric seats, sunroof and whatnot and increase the prices. But just undercut the innova. As bhpian ram87pune said that the Hexa is profitable for TAMO, they'll be content with BS6 Hexa stealing 250-300 Innova customers per month.

Or is TATA waiting for BS6 Innova to launch and then make the Hexa a little more premium but undercut Innova significantly. BS6 Innova is going to see a price hike of 2-3 lakhs so a fully loaded Hexa could make a case for itself. The Hexa's 2.2 litre engine block is shared with some CV vehicles like the winger and Xenon which will lead to sharing of costs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by damodar (Post 4710653)
BS6 Innova is going to see a price hike of 2-3 lakhs so a fully loaded Hexa could make a case for itself.

That 2-3 lac price increase is just a tactic from Toyota to lure customers in the current slowdown. Also prospective customers April 2020 onward will not receive a shock when the real rise will be in the tune of 1-1.3 lac.

Basically trying to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROOPER (Post 4710531)
Happy to inform you all that we have booked our Hexa XT 4x2 MT With Captain Seats in Tungsten Silver from Inderjit Cars, Mira Road :D

Many congratulations trooper for booking the Hexa. Liked the way you arrived at your decision of buying Hexa. Your words are inspiration for me as I am also prospective buyer of Hexa. What is the final cost and what the sweet deal you got? Should I also try Inderjit motors? I am asking because it is far away from where I live. Concorde and Wasan both are near to my place. If the deal is also sweet for me, I will not hesitate to go to Mira road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram87pune (Post 4710190)

3. No cruise control in XM+.

Thanks! But the official Tata Hexa site mentions cruise control on XM+. True?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepsc (Post 4710712)
Many congratulations trooper for booking the Hexa. Liked the way you arrived at your decision of buying Hexa. Your words are inspiration for me as I am also prospective buyer of Hexa. What is the final cost and what the sweet deal you got? Should I also try Inderjit motors? I am asking because it is far away from where I live. Concorde and Wasan both are near to my place. If the deal is also sweet for me, I will not hesitate to go to Mira road.

Thank you very much!

You could definitely try with Inderjit motors. We'll continue this conversation on PM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROOPER (Post 4710531)
Happy to inform you all that we have booked our Hexa XT 4x2 MT

Congrats, Trooper ! Wishing you in advance, a long happy ownership of this lovely vehicle.

Hexa is the one vehicle I would upgrade to, if I were in the market. I wont rule out a used one too, if there are no models that appeal to me when I am changing my Storme. I am not doing it now because I dont need to. As on date, 6.7 years, 79.5k and she's humming away. The other reason for not changing is that I am looking for a Telcoline as an addition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitinDev (Post 4710715)
Thanks! But the official Tata Hexa site mentions cruise control on XM+. True?

Thanks for pointing it out. The XM+ indeed comes with cruise control :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 4710733)
Congrats, Trooper ! Wishing you in advance, a long happy ownership of this lovely vehicle.

Hexa is the one vehicle I would upgrade to, if I were in the market. I wont rule out a used one too, if there are no models that appeal to me when I am changing my Storme. I am not doing it now because I dont need to. As on date, 6.7 years, 79.5k and she's humming away. The other reason for not changing is that I am looking for a Telcoline as an addition.

Thank you very much Condor!

The Safari is one of the reasons we have went for the Hexa, especially after drooling over the Safari all these years.

Would have bought the Safari, but lack of feature updates was always a deterrent, thanks to Tata lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROOPER (Post 4710726)
Thank you very much!

You could definitely try with Inderjit motors. We'll continue this conversation on PM.

Some sort of secrecy clause in the deal? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudo_coder (Post 4710773)
Some sort of secrecy clause in the deal? :D

Our dealer pleaded to keep it a secret. :uncontrol

Maybe I went a bit overboard saying its sweet.

Will reveal the details in the ownership review, and you guys could let me know if it was good. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROOPER (Post 4710812)
Our dealer pleaded to keep it a secret. :uncontrol

Maybe I went a bit overboard saying its sweet.

Will reveal the details in the ownership review, and you guys could let me know if it was good. :)

The dealer will probably appreciate additional business from your references who'd be wanting that same sweet deal :) but of course if you had a gentleman's agreement then inform him before posting on here.

Either way, congratulations and wish you many happy miles with the Hexa!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain (Post 4710539)

Unfortunately, my Hexa is still at the workshop after almost 45 days. I visited for a checkup yesterday. The staff say that they are not receiving parts from Tata motors due to issue with GST numbers in their ordering system. Over 30 cars that had come in for accidental repair were similarly stuck. They say many workshops are affected.

My friend's Nano Genx spent a lot more time than this due to an accident repair that took a long time for certain parts to arrive. They have a system where parts inventory can be moved from one dealer to the other if there is a need. They did this once I escalated the issue through their app.