Team-BHP - Tata Hexa : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Hexa : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/181903-tata-hexa-official-review-325.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jubin (Post 4623075)

Things i like:
- Automatic Gearbox is next level !
- Suspension is planted, plush and irons out mumbai craters pretty easily.
- space, space, space !

Congratulations on your buy! Please take time to come up with an ownership thread. Since you had the Scorpio, how do you find Hexa's engine performance when compared with the latter? How's the pull and the lag, specially in the 2nd gear?

Switch to sport mode in the automatic and boy, does she pull up her skirt and sprint. I find the cruise control a little too quick in accelerating to the set speed after slowing down. It generally shifts down a gear and accelerates rapidly instead of steadily building up speed.

yes sports mode is really quick and she does sprint.
i like the way the car stays longer in the gear and revs higher.

Quote:

Originally Posted by studedude (Post 4623118)
Switch to sport mode in the automatic and boy, does she pull up her skirt and sprint. I find the cruise control a little too quick in accelerating to the set speed after slowing down. It generally shifts down a gear and accelerates rapidly instead of steadily building up speed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi7013 (Post 4623100)
Congratulations on your buy! Please take time to come up with an ownership thread. Since you had the Scorpio, how do you find Hexa's engine performance when compared with the latter? How's the pull and the lag, specially in the 2nd gear?

While my hexa is auto, the thing i miss the most is the compact size of the scorpio and the ergonomics and the abuse friendly nature of the vehicle,
in terms of engine, the Hexa feels more refined and tad bit more powerful but the manual scorpio was off its feet from stand still, hexa probably due to its weight and size takes a while to set foot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jubin (Post 4623075)
So,

took the decision to get rid of the 2015 (Nov) Scorpio S10 and upgraded myself to a Hexa XMA.
while just shy of 19 lakhs its a little steep but it is definitely miles ahead of competition in terms of features, fit and finish and the overall value.

Congratulations Mate on getting the beast home clap:

I'm myself going in for an XMA and would love to hear more from you.

Fog Lamps upgrade is definitely tad expensive and sad to know that we can't even install a sub. Will TMSS do it and if we get it done from outside, does it void the warranty?

How about the floor mats? Have you planned something?

But once again, wishing you many many miles on your new steed :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumping Soul (Post 4623326)
Congratulations Mate on getting the beast home

What i am told from Concorde Motors team is the fogs lamps from xta can be installed in the xma however the fog lamps will not have any warranty whatsoever and it does not void existing warranty.

Floormats i went with the normal 3m grass kinda mats since I'm not much a fancy kinda guy.

My bucket list of upgrades is
- reverse camera
- alloys (16" would do can't go overboard with the budget for 19")
- xta fog lamps
- hid upgrade
- upgrade to a symphony kinda horn
- some chrome bits
- blackened roof.
- sunfilms
- maybe a subwoofer and amplifier

Hello Hexa owners,

My friend, who is not a member here, is facing issue with his 1.25 lakh KM run Hexa XT.
TML SC guys are telling him that EGR is gone and needs replacement.
It would cost 42 K rs.
SC guys says this is quite common issue with Varicor / Dicor engines which have running of around 1 lakh KMs.
Anyone here faced the same issue ?
Any other alternative than replacement?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore (Post 4623448)
My friend, who is not a member here, is facing issue with his 1.25 lakh KM run Hexa XT.

Not 100% sure but i think the EGR valve can be disconnected / bypassed. This may have some effect on the emissions (and vehicle performance?) though. I will let the experts comment.

Quote:

It would cost 42 K rs.
SC guys says this is quite common issue with Varicor / Dicor engines which have running of around 1 lakh KMs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarik.arora (Post 4623468)
Not 100% sure but i think the EGR valve can be disconnected / bypassed. This may have some effect on the emissions (and vehicle performance?) though. I will let the experts comment.

Far be it from me to comment on Diesel technology. But just yesterday I'd come across an article on SCR/Diesel Exhaust Fluids/EGR. Here it is - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/comme...ml#post4622823

What I understand on a second-hand basis is that EGRs actually drive down performance. Dare I say that the person in question could actually disconnect the EGR and drive a newly energized 2 tonne rocket?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi7013 (Post 4622834)
I don't think the Hexa would be stopped, specially after reading this where TATA specifically says it will stay even after commencement of BS6.

Thats indeed great news !!!clap:
Due to all these floating news we had decided for XT 4x2 (and not to go for the XTA or XT 4x4) as were afraid of spares availability after 5 years extended support, specifically for the Punch PowerGlide AT system or the Borg Warner AWD system as these were imported items and after 5 years of discontinuation, Tata may not decide to import these items further.

Now it seems there is light at the end of the tunnel.
We are planning to book 2day ... Tungsten Silver + Black combo.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaurabhB (Post 4623480)
Thats indeed great news !!!clap:
Due to all these floating news we had decided for XT 4x2 (and not to go for the XTA or XT 4x4) as were afraid of spares availability after 5 years extended support, specifically for the Punch PowerGlide AT system or the Borg Warner AWD system as these were imported items and after 5 years of discontinuation, Tata may not decide to import these items further.

Now it seems there is light at the end of the tunnel.
We are planning to book 2day ... Tungsten Silver + Black combo.:)

Wow so many members booking the Hexa, its like the initial launch days of this SUV! Good luck and let us know the waiting time aftet booking.
With regards to spares, even if the car was discontinued, am pretty sure TATA would have had all the spares and support made available till atleast 8-10 yrs given the scenario with older gen safari, sumo and indica.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaurabhB (Post 4623480)

I don't think you should purchase a Hexa manual in 4x2 spec. If its a Hexa, it should be the AT. That is the USP for the car. The Hexa Automatic is miles ahead of the Manual in terms of comfort.

I don't think you will suffer from parts availability 5 years later just because its an automatic, just because the gearbox is imported. There are other parts too in the Hexa that are imported. And Torque Convertor gearboxes are as reliable as any manual gearbox.

A car is best enjoyed in the initial periods of its purchase, and its best you opt for the highest possible variant you can afford now instead of regretting it 5 years down the line.

5 years down later, you may need an automatic, for which you will have to sell your manual Hexa and will lose a lot more money.

I suggest you get a Hexa XTA instead.

Quote:

Hello Hexa owners,

It would cost 42 K rs.
Anyone here faced the same issue ?

I had an issue with the EGR In my XTA. The vehicle was belching smoke and there was reduction in the coolant reservoir. My Hexa was brand new and had done around 3000kms or so only. The engineers from TML came in from Pune and analysed it and replaced it under warranty. No issues now.

Finally!

Booked a XMA 7 Seater today! Delivery promised mid August.

Hexa will stay even after BS-VI, read more here

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumping Soul (Post 4624296)
Finally!

Booked a XMA 7 Seater today! Delivery promised mid August.

congrats mate, what color did you opt for?