Team-BHP - Tata Hexa : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Hexa : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/181903-tata-hexa-official-review-323.html)

The Hexa comes with just plastic underbody protection as factory fit. However, some of the owners have got custom made metal underbody protection plate fitted. Weighs around 10 kgs or so. But will do the job nice and proper. Attaching a few pictures. Let me know if you need the manufacturer's contact details.

I am sure many will want this. With our road condition & with monsoon around the corner (started in other places), we will certainly need this. Monsoon = Destroyed Roads!

Please do share Manufacturer Name and contact details. What was the cost of the plates?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvldvr (Post 4610177)
The Hexa comes with just plastic underbody protection as factory fit. However, some of the owners have got custom made metal underbody protection plate fitted. Weighs around 10 kgs or so. But will do the job nice and proper. Attaching a few pictures. Let me know if you need the manufacturer's contact details.

Not just the Hexa, but many vehicles come with plastic sheet for under-engine protection.

You can post it on the thread here, unless you are involved with the party.

I am in no way involved with the under body manufacturer. Sharing contact details for benefit of forum members.

Rohit Sangwan - 9871154446

Request if senior and experienced members can share their inputs on who will be the better Tata Motors dealer in Kolkata ... Lexus Motors, Dulichand Motors, K B Motors or T C Motors.

I have interacted with both Lexus and Duluchand and found Duluchand to be more proactive in terms of discounts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvldvr (Post 4608745)
Got the 2nd service done yesterday. 4000 kms and six months from the date of purchase. Nothing much to report. This service is supposed to be just routine checks. However, I opted for a voluntary engine oil/ oil filter change. No issues/ niggles to report.

Also got this 4x4 badge on the tail gate.

Hey, just curious, what purpose does this 4X4 badge serve? Is your Hexa a 4X4 or 4x2?
Quote:

Originally Posted by nvldvr (Post 4610563)
I am in no way involved with the under body manufacturer. Sharing contact details for benefit of forum members.

Rohit Sangwan - 9871154446

Don't think a tough vehicle like Hexa that weighs in excess of 2 tonnes requires something like an underbody protection and increase it weighs further by 10 odd kgs. My 2 cents.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivathedude (Post 4613396)
Don't think a tough vehicle like Hexa that weighs in excess of 2 tonnes requires something like an underbody protection and increase it weighs further by 10 odd kgs. My 2 cents.

Underbody protection has no relation to GVW. It is meant to provide protection from underbody hit to critical parts like engine, gearbox, fuel tank and fuel lines while riding on poor / no surfaces.

Also, the so called plastic under the floor / engine compartment is not meant for underbody protection. The OEMs apply these fairings to smoothen the airflow and reduce drag during high speed driving to aid fuel economy and help with stability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aditya79india (Post 4613473)
Also, the so called plastic under the floor / engine compartment is not meant for underbody protection. The OEMs apply these fairings to smoothen the airflow and reduce drag during high speed driving to aid fuel economy and help with stability.

My Storme 4x2 has a metal cover, and IIRC even my Sumo. The Sumo did take a hit somewhere - though it never went into rough/uneven terrain. The metal version does make sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaurabhB (Post 4612504)
Request if senior and experienced members can share their inputs on who will be the better Tata Motors dealer in Kolkata ... Lexus Motors, Dulichand Motors, K B Motors or T C Motors.

I have interacted with both Lexus and Duluchand and found Duluchand to be more proactive in terms of discounts.

For buying: Dulichand or TC. Dulichand being newer will be .more customer friendly .
For servicing: Lexus. Yes, their service centre may be far away but they have the most experienced service personnel.

Avoid KB Motors at all costs. Whether buying or servicing.

Above observations culled from multiple Tata vehicles ownership over the last 10 years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaurabhB (Post 4612504)

Got my hexa 4x4 from Lexus motors AJC Bose road in dec 18. Service also being done at Lexus.
Sales is good and I completely agree with the fact that service in Lexus is top notch. Technicians are good and experienced.

Tata Hexa could be discontinued in India, but not in our neighbouring countries. Bangladesh Army has decided to go ahead with the Hexa after testing multiple SUVs. Tata has received an initial order of 200 Hexas from the Bangladesh Army. Read full report.

https://m-economictimes-com.cdn.ampp...20%25251%2524s

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdiSolEn (Post 4556463)
Hi guys! Finally booked the Hexa XT 4X4 today in Tungsten silver with Black roof. This is the new model. Hoping to get delivery by the end of this month. Vehicle will be completely new and made to order as this is the new version. Looking forward to receiving the car now :)

Hi, Can you kindly share some pics of your Hexa Tungsten Silver with Infinity Black dual tone. We are looking to buy Hexa but divided over the color options ... i prefer the white+black combo and my brother prefers the Tungsten Silver+Black.

Your car pics can greatly help us take a final decision on the color.

Tungsten Silver and Black looks better. Matter of preference.

Saw a new XM+ variant with the new alloy wheel design on Hexa. I think they have been painted grey. From a distance, it's difficult to make out whether they are steel or alloys. The older ones looked so much better. This one is just boring. Why couldn't they retain the older design and just make it a size smaller?
Tata Hexa : Official Review-20190713_151802.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaurabhB (Post 4619867)
Hi, Can you kindly share some pics of your Hexa Tungsten Silver with Infinity Black dual tone. We are looking to buy Hexa but divided over the color options ... i prefer the white+black combo and my brother prefers the Tungsten Silver+Black.

Your car pics can greatly help us take a final decision on the color.

I chose the Tungsten Silver myself, due to the fact that it's a fabulous colour to begin with, doesn't look dirty as quickly & looks awesome with a black roof.

You can find several pics in my Travelogue from last year:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...road-trip.html