Team-BHP - Tata Hexa : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Hexa : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/181903-tata-hexa-official-review-301.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedragonreborn (Post 4510880)
I would strongly recommend the XT, and specifically the 4X4. Brilliant to drive and kitted to the gills with safety equipment. My regular weekend trips out of town have now morphed into 1000 km jaunts more often that not :)

My XT 4X4 has had no after-market kit on it at all, if you discount the excellent rubber mats that I got from Concorde.

Thanks for the revert. 4x4 is way over budget for me and i am a fairly sedate driver (cruise between 90-110). So would pass that for now. Curious to know why would you recommend the XT over the XM+. Have been reading the ride quality of the non-XTs are better than the XT given that the tyres are smaller in profiles. Other that the additional safety features like ESP, HDC etc, i am wondering what additional are we paying for on the XT. I read earlier in this thread that the seats are also not genuine leather

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMK (Post 4510919)
I would suggest XT over XM+. XM+ is more of gizmos and livable without them. Stretch by 1.5L and you have a excellent package with all safety features.
If you tight on budget, I would suggest XMA over XM+ given Blore traffic:Frustrati

Agree on the automatic part but i am so used to a manual, and the additional money that it costs, i would want to go with the manual (agree on the traffic part:Frustrati). How would you rate your ride quality on the XT?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary_Aviator (Post 4510741)
Hi could you please elaborate on the auto folding feature for the mirror? I do not have that? Hexa XTA.

You can check with the service centers. They have an update for the BCM which enables the ORVM auto fold feature. They may voluntarily do it when you give your car in for service. Nevertheless, no harm in reminding them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiwik (Post 4511019)
Thanks for the revert. 4x4 is way over budget for me and i am a fairly sedate driver (cruise between 90-110). So would pass that for now. Curious to know why would you recommend the XT over the XM+. Have been reading the ride quality of the non-XTs are better than the XT given that the tyres are smaller in profiles. Other that the additional safety features like ESP, HDC etc, i am wondering what additional are we paying for on the XT. I read earlier in this thread that the seats are also not genuine leather

Agree on the automatic part but i am so used to a manual, and the additional money that it costs, i would want to go with the manual (agree on the traffic part:Frustrati). How would you rate your ride quality on the XT?

I am an XE guy:) with 12k on the odometer - not a single complaint till date. On the manual gearing, it is pretty light clutch & gears slot nicely ( no struggle!) it is just that BLR traffic doesn't let you take your foot off the clutch and fatigue can buildup at times - XM+/XT should be no different. I put more weights for 6 airbags, ESP, HDC over cruise control, climate control etc. (which anyway you get in XT) and think 1.5L extra is big value for money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi7013 (Post 4511023)
You can check with the service centers. They have an update for the BCM which enables the ORVM auto fold feature. They may voluntarily do it when you give your car in for service. Nevertheless, no harm in reminding them!

Thanks a lot! Will surely do that. Next service is due already!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiwik (Post 4511019)

The manual is easy to live with. I crawl through Matunga Labour Camp and the nightmare that is LBS in Vikroli everyday, in Mumbai. Left foot is yet to complain :)

I do believe that the XT is available in the 4X2 configuration as well. The premium that you pay would be for the safety features, which I would strongly recommend. This is a heavy car, and therefore not the most nimble. I have had the opportunity to stress most of them out with a fully laden car, and can attest to their efficacy.

As for the comfort, the low profile 19" do transmit more to the steering wheel, but no where close to what my Swift used to subject me to, as an example. I hope to have them switched to smaller 17" sets when I figure out if any ESP calibrations would be affected. At least that's the story that TASS has sung to me.

And yes, the seats are "Art Leather" lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedragonreborn (Post 4511160)
The manual is easy to live with. I crawl through Matunga Labour Camp and the nightmare that is LBS in Vikroli everyday, in Mumbai. Left foot is yet to complain :)

As for the comfort, the low profile 19" do transmit more to the steering wheel, but no where close to what my Swift used to subject me to, as an example. I hope to have them switched to smaller 17" sets when I figure out if any ESP calibrations would be affected. At least that's the story that TASS has sung to me.

And yes, the seats are "Art Leather" lol:

I am used to the heft as i drive the Aria (and Innova before that), so that should not be my concern. Just wondering how much of a benefit it would be to go for the ESP and HDC/HHD as i have never experienced them before(likely they are all seemless). Any views on the ride comfort between the XM+ and the XT? Given that the XT has lower profiles, i suspect the rides may not be as comfortable as the 16". That apart, i suspect they would be more prone to injuries and replacing them would be a fairly expensive proposition

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiwik (Post 4511221)
Any views on the ride comfort between the XM+ and the XT? Given that the XT has lower profiles, i suspect the rides may not be as comfortable as the 16". That apart, i suspect they would be more prone to injuries and replacing them would be a fairly expensive proposition

Yes the ride in XT is marginally less comfortable compared to the XM, but still it rides way better than competitors. So that should not be a deal breaker. Also the bigger wheels' alloys are pretty awesome visuallyclap:

Agreed the tyre replacement will be a bit expensive but not too much for a person affording a car in that segment. It is probably just going to be an expense once in 3 or 4 yrs.

Quote:

I am used to the heft as i drive the Aria (and Innova before that), so that should not be my concern. Just wondering how much of a benefit it would be to go for the ESP and HDC/HHD as i have never experienced them before(likely they are all seemless). Any views on the ride comfort between the XM+ and the XT? Given that the XT has lower profiles, i suspect the rides may not be as comfortable as the 16". That apart, i suspect they would be more prone to injuries and replacing them would be a fairly expensive proposition

HDC is of no consequence. I hardly have ever used it. But ESP, brake pre-fill, HHC, have all been very helpful. In fact, more than helpful. I would not want to discount them. But that is me.

I have driven the XE and the XT, both, and on city roads, hardly felt any difference. On broken roads, I am sure that the higher sidewalls of the XE would be even more comfortable.

I have been driving over non-existent roads for about 6k km now, and the tyres are holding on fine. Not sure for how much longer though.

Quote:

Any views on the ride comfort between the XM+ and the XT? Given that the XT has lower profiles, i suspect the rides may not be as comfortable as the 16". That apart, i suspect they would be more prone to injuries and replacing them would be a fairly expensive proposition

I own an XE model and the ride comfort is very good, thanks to the higher side walls (more rubber!). I have been driving the vehicle in Bengaluru traffic and it is not that tough drive, though in the 2nd gear the vehicle struggles for a second and picks-up. This may not be the case with XM / XT as it has the additional 80NM torque. The clutch is very smooth and the clutch is fine.

Looks like Tata has jumped on the gravy train too. Prices going up (upto 40K) starting Jan 1, 2019.

Source.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rovingeye (Post 4511893)
Looks like Tata has jumped on the gravy train too. Prices going up (upto 40K) starting Jan 1, 2019.

Source.

A wicked way to get people to buy cars in December without big discounts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiwik (Post 4510833)
All - Need some advice here. I am contemplating changing my 4.5 years Aria (Varicor) Pure LX to a Hexa. I have not considered any other options other than a Tata largely due to the wonderful experience i have had with the Aria. It has been a trouble free 47K kms and have never had any break-downs.

I spoke to one of the dealers close to my place and here are my queries which i would look forward for some guidance from this group

- Is this a sensible upgrade? My heart says yes and head refuses to comment. I dont think the Harrier would fit the bill given that it is a 5 seater and for me the third row is important.
- I was offered 3.6L for my car and they are re-working the deal. I got it for close to 11L with all the offers going on then. Is this a good price for the car given that it is out of production for the last couple years
- I was initially looking at the XM. The cost differential between the XM and XT was about 3L. What adds to my dilemma further is there is an XM+ variant that is newly introduced that is about 1.3L pricier than the XM. What they add are 16" blackened Alloys (Safari), Rear camera, Cruise control, Electrically folding mirror, Rain and darkness sensors, fog lamps, DRL and Climate control

The opinion i am looking for from this group is, does it make sense to go for XM+ or XT. I am looking at a safe car that needs no further after market fitments

Advance thanks

In my opinion, you should either stick to your Aria Pure or upgrade to a version which provides XM + or XT which provides all the additional safety than Aria Pure. Settling for XM doesn't make sense as you are quite happy with your car and mileage is also on the lower side. By plonking in additional 10L or so, you are not going to feel any discernible difference. If you retain your current car for another 2 years or so, depreciation will not be much and by end 2019 or early 2020 you will have Harrier 7 seater , Hexa or other new cars (if any) by then. You can also look for a car with BS VI compliant engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiwik (Post 4510833)
All - Need some advice here. I am contemplating changing my 4.5 years Aria (Varicor) Pure LX to a Hexa. I have not considered any other options other than a Tata largely due to the wonderful experience i have had with the Aria. It has been a trouble free 47K kms and have never had any break-downs.

I spoke to one of the dealers close to my place and here are my queries which i would look forward for some guidance from this group

- Is this a sensible upgrade? My heart says yes and head refuses to comment. I dont think the Harrier would fit the bill given that it is a 5 seater and for me the third row is important.
- I was offered 3.6L for my car and they are re-working

1) It is a decent offer.

2) Yes get the Hexa if 7 seats matter as in your case.

3) If you can stretch get the XM+. No need to add stuff later.

Wow! This is really interesting now.

"Tata Hexa could get the 2.0-litre Kryotec diesel engine in 138 bhp and 171 bhp tunes with BSVI compliance by the later part of 2019

They're getting the Hexa ready for BSVI! Please do not under power and kill it Tata. Give it the 170 Bhp tune. please:

Source.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rovingeye (Post 4512373)
Wow! This is really interesting now.

"Tata Hexa could get the 2.0-litre Kryotec diesel engine in 138 bhp and 171 bhp tunes with BSVI compliance by the later part of 2019

They're getting the Hexa ready for BSVI! Please do not under power and kill it Tata. Give it the 170 Bhp tune. please:

Source.

Expecting additions to features and minor upgrades on the looks as well. Great news! As usual, no solid timeliness.