Team-BHP - Tata Hexa : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Hexa : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/181903-tata-hexa-official-review-28.html)

Hearing from my sources in the South that the Hexa's top variant, the XTA 4x2, might be priced at a shade over Rs 20 lakhs OTR for the Kerala market.

That's close to the OTR pricing of the XUV500 W8 AT, I am told.

Not sure, if this has been shared/discussed before, but thought this was something unique and quite out-of-the box.

Quote:

Four Indian women have decided to drive their car all the way to London to celebrate the 70th Indian independence. The expedition called XPD 2470 would start from Coimbatore on March 26th and reach London in seventy days.
Quote:

Great to meet @2470India girls who will drive #Tata #Hexa from #coimbatore to #London thru 24 countries for 70th year of independent #India
Source: https://twitter.com/2470India

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4113885)
Hearing from my sources in the South that the Hexa's top variant, the XTA 4x2, might be priced at a shade over Rs 20 lakhs OTR for the Kerala market.

Wasn't XT 4x4 the top variant? I am confused between XTA and XT 4x4, price would help decide. But was worried on servicing of Auto transmission here in India it's completely imported and you said it would cost heavy on that front.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black_Beast (Post 4113961)
Wasn't XT 4x4 the top variant?

The XTA 4x2 & the XT 4x4 will be priced quite close to each other, and based on how much the PPS-sourced Torque Converter transmission costs as a standalone unit, it's safe to assume that it would be the (slightly) more premium one, hence I assume that it would be the top variant.

The official variant spread says otherwise though - they have the XT 4x4 listed at the very end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black_Beast (Post 4113961)
I am confused between XTA and XT 4x4, price would help decide. But was worried on servicing of Auto transmission here in India it's completely imported and you said it would cost heavy on that front.

Servicing of the auto box & the 4x4 variant(s) will definitely be on the higher side, compared to the 4x2 manuals.

PPS auto boxes are usually quite reliable, and if maintained properly, can serve you well for a long time. But if they are damaged beyond repair, it would cost a bomb to get a replacement (cost of box + import duties + CENVAT on components + taxes).

IMO if Tata prices the Hexa well enough, I feel it'll be next years CoTY - car of the year. (I voted for Tiago this year). It'll be a good hit back from an underdog. Admirable effort, good business sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4113885)

Would be very greatful if someone created a comparison sheet between these two here. Anyway.

Not sure if anyone already shared the official brochure. Could not see it hence uploading what i have

The Hexa's test drives have commenced in Hyderabad at all Concorde Motors dealerships.

- The Banjara Hills dealership has two XTA 4x2 TD cars and one XT 4x2 TD car available.

- The Khairatabad dealership has received an XTA 4x2 TD car.

- The Chanda Nagar dealership has also received an XTA 4x2 TD car.

- The L.B. Nagar dealership has an XT 4x2 TD car.

(Big thanks to BHPian anumod for this updated information)

In addition, Tata is leaving no stone unturned to make sure the Hexa impresses the real high-ups who matter, such as:

Shri Venkaiah Naidu, Union Minister, Ministry of Urban Development.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-15676137_10211423472085634_2704568428098533422_o.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-15590912_10211423471885629_3617855140597982186_o.jpg

Shri Naresh Kumar, IAS, Chairman, NDMC, New Delhi.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-15625855_10211423483205912_7910969056606987632_o.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-15626038_10211423482805902_3915867301290122448_o.jpg

Meanwhile, testing continues. K S Kumar spotted this test mule near Rasipuram, Tamil Nadu, earlier today.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-15697504_1167176330070352_8388980527557562590_n.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-15621793_1167176336737018_316998330361023219_n.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-15590508_1167176326737019_8648224746763085691_n.jpg

(Thanks to all my contacts on WhatsApp and Facebook)

Hexa's XTA/XMA variants are the most sought-after models by customers who are pre-booking the Tata Hexa ahead of it's launch, reports ACI. Some dealers are promising deliveries by early February, but the majority claim a slightly longer waiting period for these 2 automatic variants.

The manual variants are easier to get hold of, as dealers promise an end-January delivery.

Interestingly, the variant which is seeing the least demand is the XT 4x4.

Among colour shades, the Royal Blue shade is attracting the most interest among prospective Hexa buyers.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-dsc0508.jpg

Quote:

Information collected from various Tata dealers nationwide confirms that the auto-gearbox equipped trims XMA and XTA are in high demand. Though quite a few dealers are ready to deliver the car by early February, in most cities, the waiting period is slightly longer for these trims. The manual-gearbox-equipped trims with the Varicor 400 engine are next in line as far as customer interest goes, with deliveries being promised by the end of January.
The base XE variant has also generated decent customer interest.
The top-spec 4WD XT trim with manual gearbox is the least in demand.
The Tata Hexa is available in five shades of paint, with the Royal Blue attracting most eyeballs.

Anyone going to the Hexa Experience Zone (Bangalore) at White Orchids today ?

I tried to register online but didn't get the OTP. Then called their new helpline and they said spot registrations are open.

Let me know if you'll are visiting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrammarNazi (Post 4115017)
Anyone going to the Hexa Experience Zone (Bangalore) at White Orchids today ?

I tried to register online but didn't get the OTP. Then called their new helpline and they said spot registrations are open.

Let me know if you'll are visiting.

Last couple of days many are facing issues with HEXA micro web page/site. You can also register by calling any TATA dealer in Bangalore. However, spot registrations are also accepted (HEXA Experience Center focal from Pune confirmed this on phone).

I am heading Tomorrow noon ~2 PM, Looking forward for that "A drive like no other" clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillsnrains (Post 4115024)
Last couple of days many are facing issues with HEXA micro web page/site. ...
I am heading Tomorrow noon ~2 PM, Looking forward for that "A drive like no other" clap:

Guess so, I got the OTP but not the unique code.

I'm planning to go today because tomorrow being weekend there might be too much rush. Since it's a family event I want the folks to experience Hexa peacefully.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20161222wa0008.jpg

I so much wanted to go, but sadly I'll be leaving Bangalore at 10.00 am.

If only they had an early morning start. please:

Had been to the Hexa Experience Centre today and its a well organized event. There are 3 counters for walk-in registrations / Web bookings / BookmyShow registered folks. There is a Blue variant in the center of the main hall. Also in the hall are a Croma stall, Tata Finance stall, a racing zone for remote controlled toy cars alongwith a children's play area, a live music nook, a pet adoption corner and some eats.

The Off-road 'experience' is available only as a passenger (which was very disappointing - reason being given is limited number of cars and the event runs for 3 days, so we cannot risk giving it to 'guests' for driving the tough terrain!!).. Indeed. Was very disappointed at not being able to drive.

However, during the entire course we were given a low down of what the capabilities of the Hexa are and what attributes were being activated etc - Hill Hold / Hill Descent / Water Wading etc were all demonstrated.

They had 2 each of both the manual and auto variants for test driving within the Manyata campus (about 2-3 KMs at max).

On display was the Hexa TUFF and the fully accessorized versions. The one with the Sunroof is also present. Sunroof is a Webasto unit fitted at the dealer level and not factory fitted. However, the fit and finish was very good. Few pics of the same.

I visited the HEXA event with family today. I'm happy Tata Motors did this, more so because I had suggested during my meet with Late Karl Slym in '13, that they should showcase their cars extreme capabilities through Youtube videos.
They made it better! clap:

This was the Hexa "TUFF" parked outside :
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20161223_155504.jpg

Apparently they've spent 2Cr on the event (expect rush in the weekend) :
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20161223_160353.jpg

The Track
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20161223_165733.jpg

The Black & Blue Wrist Band that you get after registering for the event
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20161223_171002.jpg

I test drove the top end variant in both the Manual & Automatic avataars' within Manyata Tech Park. Some observations :The family's views after test drive but before track drive :
No *Whoa*.The family's views after track drive : They were impressed.
Although I doubt we would ever attempt such extreme stuff in this car, the test track was fun & very revealing of the capabilities of the 4x4 variant. They've been doing this ALL day. Says alot.

Will be test driving once more. This was definitely insufficient to pass any final judgement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by uday.ere (Post 4115186)
...The Off-road 'experience' is available only as a passenger (which was very disappointing - reason being given is limited number of cars and the event runs for 3 days, so we cannot risk giving it to 'guests' for driving the tough terrain!!)...Indeed. Was very disappointed at not being able to drive...

Those were tracks designed to showcase the absolute extreme capabilities of the Hexa & were driven by trained professionals. Driving would quite surely be unviable. They politely explained my technical doubts like clutch burn in Rough Road Mode etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by uday.ere (Post 4115186)
The Off-road 'experience' is available only as a passenger (which was very disappointing - reason being given is limited number of cars and the event runs for 3 days, so we cannot risk giving it to 'guests' for driving the tough terrain!!).. Indeed. Was very disappointed at not being able to drive.

Same here. But I heard they had a bad experience in Delhi, that's why guests were not allowed to drive on off-road track. I drive a Storme VX, so wasn't much interested in the manual and enrolled for automatic test drive, which I really liked.

A video of the off-road lap :

https://youtu.be/_RbngcazFzA