Team-BHP - Tata Hexa : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Hexa : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/181903-tata-hexa-official-review-267.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyRoadie (Post 4387468)
Let me be the first one to congratulate

Cheers

Thank you sir! Yes the automatic is a breeze to drive. Enjoying every bit. Wish you happy miles too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anuruddhs (Post 4387488)
I am completing 1 year in few days .

That's so great to hear! Assurance from people like you made my decision easier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy (Post 4387492)
Many congratulations, @Krishnakarthik sir!

BTW, do you know the sales manager, Mr.Sudeep there? If needed, I can PM you the contact numbers of GM and Workshop manager at Malik Cars Workshop in Tolichowki.

Varun

Thanks Varun. Yes, Sudeep is still there. He was regularly in touch with me. Parmesh my sales exec is a gem of a person. Over all the dealership experience has been one of the best I have had with any car so far. And Towlichowki is just really too far from my place and they are opening a service centre right behind the showroom in the next 1 week I was told. So I will just give mine there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4387528)
I am posting this on behalf of my friend who took the delivery of his Hexa XM 4x2 delivery last week.

The dealer didn't acknowledge this as an issue, so he has escalated this to Tata and they have agreed to inspect his car.

Is this a known/reported issue?

I am also experiencing the same in my 4500kms old Storme VX. Exact the same thing that you pointed out. I checked my friend's Storme that has done 1 lac kms and there was the vibration but very minute.

May be it will go after some thousand kms. But I will get it checked in a week or two.

I will keep you updated on this and request you to do the same if any solution is given by TATA people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi7013 (Post 4387749)
Ok, so i think it's definitely the engine vibes that you feel if it is especially at the initial movement of clutch. It increases as the RPMs build up. Am guessing this is the first diesel that your friend owns? Had felt similar feedback in the ecosport as well. Strangely, i have not noticed this in petrol cars.

I don't think the diesel engine vibrations should be coming through the clutch pedal to the extent that would disturb the driver. I barely feel anything in my 10 year old Safari 2.2.VTT!

I suspect it is a clutch slippage issue though that should not be expected in a new vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4387528)
The dealer didn't acknowledge this as an issue, so he has escalated this to Tata and they have agreed to inspect his car.

Is this a known/reported issue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi7013 (Post 4387749)
Ok, so i think it's definitely the engine vibes that you feel if it is especially at the initial movement of clutch. It increases as the RPMs build up. Am guessing this is the first diesel that your friend owns? Had felt similar feedback in the ecosport as well. Strangely, i have not noticed this in petrol cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prateek19 (Post 4387772)
I am also experiencing the same in my 4500kms old Storme VX. Exact the same thing that you pointed out. I checked my friend's Storme that has done 1 lac kms and there was the vibration but very minute.

May be it will go after some thousand kms. But I will get it checked in a week or two.

I will keep you updated on this and request you to do the same if any solution is given by TATA people.

Update from my friend: Tata service engineers test-drove the car and have acknowledged that there is an issue. They will discuss this with their plant engineers and will resolve it accordingly.

The term they used was "heart-beat" on the clutch pedal is abnormal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyRoadie (Post 4387669)
That is good enough FE for a car this size and weight. Thank you for answering my query. Recently I too became a proud owner of Hexa XMA. Loving this beast.

Congratulations. Sky Grey looks smashing. And yes, XMA is real value for money variant in my view.

Update on turbo lag experience
Turbo lag experienced earlier has been significantly mitigated post 1st service.
The rubbery feel below 1250 Rpm is not so pronounced and pulls fairly well.

Looks some changes have been indeed done during the service!

The gargling noise though still persists.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMK (Post 4382127)
I had my XE serviced (first) earlier this week @ concord motors, bangalore. Specifically asked for ECU update for gargling noise @ ~ 2000 rpm and turbo lag @ < 1250 rpm. SA acknowledged that these are known issues and TML is yet to solve it and indicated there is no ECU update for my vehicle (Dec'17 end manufactured) as it has the latest one.
Gargling noise or lag after the service continues even though he mentioned they have tuned some ECU parameters (which anyway was not convincing & seemed just to avoid the point)
Have any one of you got an update that eliminates gargling noise and reduces the turbo lag?

So guys here is a small update. Last week when I took my car for a drive there was a strange noise which was coming inside the cabin. The noise was like something was vibrating near the dashboard. The noise would increase as the RPM needle moved up. I was disheartened on hearing this noise from a brand new vehicle. My family members too were not very pleased by all this. On reaching home I opened the bonnet and as soon as I opened the bonnet I found the cause of vibration. The reason was that the engine cover was not fitted properly. :uncontrol I called up my SA and informed him about the same. Next day he promptly arrived with a technician and fitted the engine cover properly. It was a 1 min job only.

Today again I went for a drive with my family and boy I enjoyed driving this beast this time. It doesn't feel at all that you are driving a 2.2 ton vehicle. Ride quality is excellent and it glides over speee breakers and you don't even feel the bumps.

Steering is quite light I must say. Compared to that of Safari it is way more light. You will not have any problem maneuvering this beast in city. Trust me guys. Yes it is not that light compared to EPS but still it is quite manageable and light compared to Safari.

I have installed seat covers as well. Will post pictures of them soon.

Here is one of that I clicked today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyRoadie (Post 4389699)
My family members too were not very pleased by all this. On reaching home I opened the bonnet and as soon as I opened the bonnet I found the cause of vibration. The reason was that the engine cover was not fitted properly. :uncontrol I called up my SA and informed him about the same. Next day he promptly arrived with a technician and fitted the engine cover properly. It was a 1 min job only.

Your car looks really good. Yes, Tata must ensure that these small issues do not crop up. It is a minor thing, but some people might be hurt seeing it happen. But the experience that you get in the end is unparalleled. Best wishes for your car.

I was tempted to write this post because I noticed that the "kulhari chai wala" (tea maker) in the push-trolley in your pic is looking at your car! Yes, the Hexa is a car that makes many take a second look.

I am considering buying a Hexa Petrol next year. I was wondering if anyone has driven/ bought a petrol Hexa and share some experiences. Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the wishes. Sky grey actually looks really good. You have really sharp eyes. clap: I noticed the "kullahd chai wala" looking at my car after reading your comment. In fact I have noticed many people giving it a second look. Some of them include police constables, drivers in my colony, an innova owner who matched my cars speed and was giving it a nice look. It really makes me smile and proud of my Hexa.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyRoadie (Post 4389699)
Here is one of that I clicked today.

Congratulations on your new car.
Just came to know that we both belong to same place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prateek19 (Post 4389774)
Congratulations on your new car.
Just came to know that we both belong to same place.

Thank you so much for the wishes. It always feel so nice to find fellow Bhpians from your city. Lets try to meet someday if possible.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kulin_Shah (Post 4389764)
I am considering buying a Hexa Petrol next year. I was wondering if anyone has driven/ bought a petrol Hexa and share some experiences. Thanks a lot.

I guess Hexa is available only with the Diesel Engine and not Petrol.

XE - 2.2 LTR. VARICOR 320XM,
XMA, XT, XTA, XT 4X4 - 2.2 LTR. VARICOR 400

All BSIV Diesel engines

Even TML website has no info about the Petrol variant.
http://hexa.tatamotors.com/specification

Maybe it is due to the reason that Petrol engines will give absurdly low mileages considering the mass of the beast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyRoadie (Post 4389771)
Thanks for the wishes. Sky grey actually looks really good. You have really sharp eyes. clap: I noticed the "kullahd chai wala" looking at my car after reading your comment. In fact I have noticed many people giving it a second look. Some of them include police constables, drivers in my colony, an innova owner who matched my cars speed and was giving it a nice look. It really makes me smile and proud of my Hexa.

I just could not resist myself from posting this:
First congratulations: We are on the same boat (different cities though) - XMA-Sky grey.
Tata Hexa : Official Review-ebony-blackchrome.jpg
You mentioned about placing the seat covers; for me, the shade on the original seat, blend so well with the Sky grey exterior, that I decided not to place seat covers (am looking for possible means to protect (advice requested) the original seats, instead).

Now on the peep ins: On the first day, I saw a Ford Endeavor clicking photos in the Diesel station.
On several instances later I have noticed people slowing down their vehicles to match my speed (I do not drive >80 kmph, on city stretches) to have a look
More interesting, while preparing to drive out from the parking, often I have to put in a reasonable effort (no complaints though) in cleaning the nose tip stains (from people curious to see the interiors) on the door glass!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac3112 (Post 4389858)
I just could not resist myself from posting this:
First congratulations: We are on the same boat (different cities though) - XMA-Sky grey.
Attachment 1754695
You mentioned about placing the seat covers; for me, the shade on the original seat, blend so well with the Sky grey exterior, that I decided not to place seat covers (am looking for possible means to protect (advice requested) the original seats, instead).

Thank you for the wishes and congratulations to you too. Your Hexa looks lovely. Sky grey color looks gorgeous on Hexa.

Yes the seats do blend very nicely with the exterior but I am one of those who prefer not to dirty the seat fabric even a bit. So installing seat covers was on my priority list. Yes there must be some way to protect original seats. Please help if someone is aware of any such solution.

Quote:

Now on the peep ins: On the first day, I saw a Ford Endeavor clicking photos in the Diesel station.
On several instances later I have noticed people slowing down their vehicles to match my speed (I do not drive >80 kmph, on city stretches) to have a look
More interesting, while preparing to drive out from the parking, often I have to put in a reasonable effort (no complaints though) in cleaning the nose tip stains (from people curious to see the interiors) on the door glass!
Hexa looks majestic. And sky grey being not so common on roads it grabs even more attention.