Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:46   #3886
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
There is no doubt about firmer seats being better. But the idea proposed earlier here of these having built in suspension is an intriguing one. It is certainly one way to to beat the usual compromise between ride and handling which always involves a trade off between the two factors.

I wonder why this has not been seriously pursued by any make.
Great idea. It will be like multizone climate control. Every seat can have options to choose from! Certainly feasible.

Automakers, you have a new idea here!
Old 23rd March 2018, 08:03   #3887
BHPian

But then, the seats would move about relative to the car interiors and that would really be weird right? Imagine you holding on to the steering while your seats bob up and down on a bad patch of road! Obviously the movement would not be so significant, but it would still be there nonetheless!
I believe it could further enhance motion sickness in a few cases. Just thinking out loud!
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 08:43   #3888
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Good discussion guys, but let's get back on topic now. Thank you!
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 09:53   #3889
Senior - BHPian

But what is the harm in posting a photo of your car here. Because right now it looks like you are an outsider triading against the Hexa owners' darlings.

As for your arguments against the ride quality; they are very good but very OT here. But they would fit right in, in this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4366892

Last edited by GTO : 24th March 2018 at 00:22. Reason: First line was unnecessary. Thanks
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 10:04   #3890
BHPian

<OT>
I have a toy plane but I want to sit in it and fly like a F-16. Compare apples to apples guys.
<OT>

Number of Hexa's is slowly but steadily rising in Goa. Wish they give south Goa operations to a new dealer. Present one is terrible.
akshay380 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 11:21   #3891
BHPian

Guys please calm down. This is really going off topic now. As GTO also said lets stick to the topic. Every person has its own view of the vehicle and that should be respected. If the views are different then that doesn't mean we start fighting. Everyone agrees to the fact that it is a wonderful product by Tata motors and has a very good ride quality. Some may not find the ride quality good enough or might have some complaints with the seats. Its ok guys. Like I said everyone has their own views. Period. End of this discussion.
HappyRoadie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 11:30   #3892
BHPian

Hold your horses mate. I asked you your chassis number, not just pics of your car with an intention of checking if the cars manufactured in that period have suspension or ECU issues solely based on your level of description. We do share issues with the main intention of looking out for a solution on this forum. Not just rant about them. If you aren't keen on looking for a solution, don't retaliate this way against those who try to help.

Weird considering the XE variant you seem to have more experience of the 19"alloys and the 400nm engine variant.
If you had shared these details earlier, we would have known you were going on about the lower engine trim while we have only a limited experience of the 400nm one. Not fair to generalise on the entire Hexa variant line up! Mentioning it would have not done any harm!

Yes, lets stop the discussion here and get back to topic. Would like to again say that if you find any issues with the car, do become a part of the owners group.
Happy motoring..

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd March 2018 at 14:08. Reason: quoted post deleted
abhi7013 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 11:37   #3893
BHPian

Oh my its a war zone out here :P

Anyway what is the price surplus for "Indulge" Downtown pack for the XE and the XMA also do we get the old steel rim or does tata take them?

Another question does the 5gears in the XE mean better torque/power in the 1st gear than the 6gear box in the XM?
Old 23rd March 2018, 12:06   #3894
BHPian

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20180323wa0004.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20180323wa0001.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20180323wa0002.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Hold your horses mate. I asked you your chassis number, not just pics of your car with an intention of checking if the cars manufactured in that period have suspension or ECU issues solely based on your level of description. We do share issues with the main intention of looking out for a solution on this forum. Not just rant about them. If you aren't keen on looking for a solution, don't retaliate this way against those who try to help.

Weird considering the XE variant you seem to have more experience of the 19"alloys and the 400nm engine variant.
If you had shared these details earlier, we would have known you were going on about the lower engine trim while we have only a limited experience of the 400nm one. Not fair to generalise on the entire Hexa variant line up! Mentioning it would have not done any harm!

Yes, lets stop the discussion here and get back to topic. Would like to again say that if you find any issues with the car, do become a part of the owners group.
Happy motoring..
40 kgm version i was keen , but what is the torque curve for both the variants, if only peak torque increases it wont affect drivability .

There are no issues as such with the car, its robustly built and feels like it will last long. The crysta i have is problematic compared to Hexa.

Planning a remap or RD box, soon. Changing to softer michelins should do good too.

16 Inch wheels should ride better than 19 inch .

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd March 2018 at 14:08.
Frankenstein is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 12:21   #3895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post

Planning a remap or RD box, soon. Changing to softer michelins should do good too.
Wonderful, please do keep us posted on the outcomes and the changes that you may observe post remap. May impact your warranty though.
abhi7013 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 17:15   #3896
BHPian

It has been more than 14 months. Is it really early to expect some considerable modification in the existing Hexa?

Also, with XUV500 planning to bring the upgrade, TML should have been on its heels to do something.

Or, has everything been left for the new H5/7X??
Old 23rd March 2018, 17:26   #3897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
It has been more than 14 months. Is it really early to expect some considerable modification in the existing Hexa?
Is there anything that really merits modification, that too on a serious scale? From what I read here from the owner's opinions, there's not much that they need.

The usual time for a mid-life refresh is 36 months, not earlier, unless there's something definitely lacking. Some would say, it needs a larger touchscreen infotainment system. Others would hardly bother. There's no crisis as such for a 'newer' Hexa. They already brought one variant called 'Downtown Urban Edition'.

Last edited by discoverwild : 23rd March 2018 at 17:29.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 17:47   #3898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Is there anything that really merits modification, that too on a serious scale? From what I read here from the owner's opinions, there's not much that they need.

The usual time for a mid-life refresh is 36 months, not earlier, unless there's something definitely lacking. Some would say, it needs a larger touchscreen infotainment system. Others would hardly bother. There's no crisis as such for a 'newer' Hexa. They already brought one variant called 'Downtown Urban Edition'.
Depends, there are thoughts like:

1. Should TML be complacent with the sales number?

2. Would it not get further stressed with newer launches like XUV500 or U321?

3. Although cosmetics don't matter much to enthusiast, but what about better AVN system with factory fitted sunroof?

4. Models modified for some missing safety features or a model added for 4x4 automatic?

I understand the 36 months rational, but doesn't the Hexa need to be more agile?

We would really feel happy to see Hexa selling 2000+ for such a capable and rightly priced vehicle!
kbishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 18:12   #3899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Tata has to be aggressive this time. We all know and admit that Hexa is a capable product which is better then its direct rivals XUV and Innova but still not doing the numbers as expected. I will not say it can beat the sales of Innova and so called Toyota reliability factor but it can definitely turtle the XUV sales as both these brands are quite similar in way they operate.

The missing things from my side are:

1. Safety features missing in XTA vs XT.
2. Powered electric seat(driver).
3. A panoramic Sunroof.
4. Flat folding 3rd row.
5. Bigger infotainment screen.
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 20:38   #3900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
My friends still think I am a moron when I tell them I will be buying a Duster. That choice shifted to Hexa after TeamBHP came out praising the Hexa suspension.
There will always be comparable values but some people prefer to have absolute values as a benchmark.
I would rather have the car have a magic carpet ride i.e. no matter what condition the road is in, I shouldn't feel anything inside while riding at 60kmph.
So while any car might have the best suspension setup amongst it's peers, it still might not be good enough for some people like me.
+1 to this. We at team-bhp need to be more critical about the suspensions offered on modern cars while writing reviews. Hexa's official review was filled with superlatives which is far from reality. GTO rated Crysta's suspension at 7 out of 10 which is very kind marks for the kind of jerky ride it offers on bad roads. The crysta gives me a kick on my back every time I take the car at speed over a small speed breaker. The Etios in comparison was much much plusher! And it's not SUVs that we are comparing here. It's people mover MPV suspension which are supposed to provide ride comfort for the passengers. If I compare the Crysta suspensions with Ertiga for example, Ertiga feels much more smooth.
amalji is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed