Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2017, 09:38   #3586
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Hi good folks, an update on what's going on with me:

The dealership sent me the VIN, an October mint. I was not comfortable because I was worried about the dealer pushing me the leftover stock. The October rains, lashing on the stockyard was what the nightmares are made of, so I thought. For this reason I communicated to my SA about the need for concrete proof, that the car had indeed dispatched from the plant after my booking. Had the dealer provided me this crucial info, I wouldn't have been throwing tantrums here, and whining there.

Questions
1. Why didn't the dealer provide the dispatch date when requested.
2. Are they not aware that my car had already reached their stockyard and they are telling me it will arrive only at the end of the month.

The TML has restored my faith in the brand and I don't feel let down anymore. I had never mentioned this thread on any of the communications with them yet they specifically mentioned our forum. I feel a lot of friends, relatives and our brothers here are pushing the sale of TATA products and TML is listning. Thanks everyone for your support and guidance and thanks to TML for reaching out to me.

Dudes! Please pm me or post it here about anything related to my issue and suggest me anything I need to be aware. Thanks for reading and being with me.
Hi

Please read post #2520 . This is common with all the car manufactures. Nothing to worry about the TML part.

Regards
Sandy
SaNdY_AR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2017, 11:11   #3587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
Please read post #2520 . This is common with all the car manufactures. Nothing to worry about the TML part.
Quoting the post #2520

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
The plant produces at least 250 vehicles in the same color at one go and till the stocks are near to finish they do not produce the same color again until they have sufficient orders. They go for the ones which has good number of bookings

Make much sense now, I guess this is what she ment by rotational allotment.
Old 23rd December 2017, 19:52   #3588

Hi , had booked a Bronze downtown edition XTA with Mohali Automobiles by paying a advance of 50k.He promised delivery in days . I mobilised the funds required for the vehicle . Kept requesting them for a tracking number and VIN .No satisfactory reply given .Today they inform me after my repeated inquiries that , Oh there's a delay . No Hexa has left the factory for four days due to a software update !!!
Frustrated
Cancelled booking
cdrgill is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2017, 23:47   #3589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrgill View Post
Hi , had booked a Bronze downtown edition XTA with Mohali Automobiles by paying a advance of 50k.He promised delivery in days . I mobilised the funds required for the vehicle . Kept requesting them for a tracking number and VIN .No satisfactory reply given .Today they inform me after my repeated inquiries that , Oh there's a delay . No Hexa has left the factory for four days due to a software update !!!
Frustrated
Cancelled booking
Welcome to the forum my friend, I am sorry you have been put into such hardship. Which dealership it is? I too am in a similar situation.

Update: It's been more than 2 days that my alloted car has reached Bangalore, this information was provided to me directly by TML. However, the dealership has failed to provide any information regarding the same. My SA is not updating me and giving me flimsy excuses. Had he provided the info about the whereabouts of the car, I would have done the PDI tomorrow. Well, I have lost confidence in the dealership, how I wish KHT was closer to my location.

Though, it is frustrating I will sail through the weekend and take a final call on Tuesday. If the dealership doesn't provide any information by Tuesday, I will cancel and seek refund of the booking amount. This is by far one of the worst purchasing experience that I have been subjected to. Pathetic, to say the least.

Last edited by doxinboy : 23rd December 2017 at 23:50. Reason: Add smiley
Old 24th December 2017, 10:18   #3590
BHPian

Quote:
It is Concorde, ...
Quote:

Update: It's been more than 2 days that my alloted car has reached Bangalore, this information was provided to me directly by TML. However, the dealership has failed to provide any information regarding the same. My SA is not updating me and giving me flimsy excuses. Had he provided the info about the whereabouts of the car, I would have done the PDI tomorrow. Well, I have lost confidence in the dealership, how I wish KHT was closer to my location.

Concorde is the worst Tata dealer in Bangalore. They are simply not interested in doing their jobs. That's why I bought my Tiago from Prerana instead. A service advisor at Prerana told me that Concorde concentrates on fleet sales so they don't care about individual customers buying a single car. For example, the Zoomcar Hexa fleet was sold by Concorde. I don't know if this is true but if it is, it does explain a lot.

My advice: escalate this issue immediately to Tata motors. Don't keep quiet - make a lot of noise.

Do a PDI yourself and be firm on not making the final payment until you inspect the car. If Concorde refuses, just cancel the booking. They have no good reason to refuse and they might be hiding something.

If and when you do buy the Hexa, don't go to Concorde for service - even their after sales service sucks! It's just one day of inconvenience so go to a better service station.

I hope your experience improves from now on. Good luck!
Motard_Blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 00:18   #3591
BHPian

Quote:
I will cancel and seek refund of the booking amount
My following comments are by no stretch of imagination looking at swaying your decision, these are my thoughts, which you may agree/disagree with -

1) Buying a car is not spur of the moment decision, you have liked the product, long for it, please do not let such lousy dealers deter you. Look for a different dealer, wait for the exact copy that you want, plonking hard earned 20 big ones is not a daily affair for most of us.

2) There is nothing in the market that offers such VFM.

3) If you land up buying a different machine, every-time that a Hexa crosses you'll feel sad that you did pick it up, insipte of having the resources.

4) Anything else that you buy will never fill up the void that Hexa has created, if you are simply smitten by it.

Hell with the dealer, you have just about everything that is needed to buy it, 21st century, no one can stop you, gone are the mid 80's wherein you had to wait 2 years for a Bajaj Chetak.

Wait, wait and wait till you are 100000% satisfied with the stead that you are getting home, go for 2018 make, it is your hard earned money that you are plonking why settle for anything less. It is like, wanting Butter Chicken but eating Dal Makhni, why, because there was no restaurant nearby to my liking. In the above stated example we are talking 1K but on the "Estate" you are talking 2000K, would you eat Dal Makhni or rather travel to the other part of the city and eat what you want.

Nothing on this earth should stop you from getting her, there are bigger things in life than fretting about a moronic dealer.

Go get the "Estate" home and a million miles in her with near and dear ones.

PS: I posted this sometime back, if Q7 is an SUV so is the Hexa, after penning this post, I recall my words and call the Hexa an "ESTATE", it just came and I'm loving my "ESTATE".

Looking forward to your company in the Club Hexa.

Cheers.

Last edited by Torquedo : 25th December 2017 at 00:22.
Torquedo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 02:24   #3592

Torquedo's comments have made me to pause and reconsider. All points made by him are very valid .
Having been a Tata Estate owner in the late nineties I have very fond memories of that vehicle inspite of all the niggles it came along with .
To get over the disappointment I felt about entire experience I went and splurged 37k on a audio upgrade on my Honda City AT 2009 model at Driven in south delhi .
Will discuss with the better half regarding the hexa and then take a final call.
cdrgill is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 06:17   #3593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
please do not let such lousy dealers deter you. Look for a different dealer, wait for the exact copy that you want, plonking hard earned 20 big ones is not a daily affair for most of us.
Hi Torquedo,

Thanks for the motivation man, it helps. I am aligned with your thinking process. I did spend considerable time yesterday on Innova Crysta thread and thought about getting 2.4 ZX Manuel and started checking reviews of XUV 500 W10.

This purchase is basically gift to my dad, where he will be chauffeur driven for his daily commute. Crysta seemed to be right mind decision. But my heart is not at all convinced. Getting a used T-fort or endeavor made sense. If it was for me, I likely would have gone for used market route.

I don't know what to say, the SA called me again yesterday noon and repeated the same thing that my car is in transit. When I gave a piece of my mind, he hung up and no more communication from him. It's been third time, I told him that TML management had informed me about the whereabouts of the car and he keeps insisting that the car is in transit.

I did write to TML about this and waiting for the weekend to pass to elicit for a proper resolution. Other alternatives I am thinking is to cancel the booking and get my steed from other dealers. I have some confusion here. Since the car is already alloted to me and is available in the stockyard, can I cancel my bookings from Concorde, Mysore Road and get the same car from a different branch of the same dealership. Or should I talk to other dealership such as Prerana or KHT and involve them. What would be the best course of action.

Merry Christmas everyone
doxinboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 08:49   #3594
BHPian

Hi @Doxinboy sir,
It's better you transfer your booking to Prerana or KHT. Involving TML in the case and say that you lost the faith in Concorde dealership and would like to shift the booking. From there on, they'll do the needful.

I once did this in 2009 when I was buying a Fiat Linea. Mailed TML and FCA. Both of them involved in my case and made sure that my transfer was a peaceful one. They transferred my booking to another Dealership and I didn't lose any money.

Keep us updated with the issue.

Varun

Last edited by Aditya : 25th December 2017 at 22:18. Reason: Typo
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 11:58   #3595
BHPian

Hi folks!

@Varun: Thanks man, I spoke with TML and requested for the smooth transfer to KHT.

@PK_del: Thanks man for calling me up and sharing important info about the buying process. Also appreciate the fact that you could help me with the transition to KHT and accompany me personally.

Update: After speaking to Pk_del and the inputs I've got from Varun_HexaGuy, Torquedo I escalated the issue to TML and requested to change my dealership from Concorde Mysore Road to KHT Brooksfield. They said it can be done, and I was about to have a rendezvous with Pk_del @KHT to seal the deal.

In the meantime, I received a call from the Sales Head of Concorde Mysore Road telling me that the car is in the stockyard for pdi, if I wanted he could get it to the showroom, a stone throw away from my home. He said the goofup was due to the policy of invoicing before the pdi. I insisted him, to get the car to the showroom ASAP and get it ready for the pdi.

I will update once the PDI is done.

Thanks folks!
doxinboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 13:20   #3596
BHPian

Congratulations @doxinboy sir,
That's great news. Hope you have a peaceful ownership experience with the beast in blue. Do give us an ownership report on the same.

Varun
Old 26th December 2017, 15:32   #3597
Senior - BHPian

To all people who have HExa Manual Transmission, I have a question. How is the Gear shift quality? I know it is not one of the strong points of Hexa, but I was in for a shock when I took a test drive today. It was much worse than I expected. In comparison, my Punto feels like Butter smooth. :O
There were considerable vibrations on the gear lever as well.

Is this how all SUV/MUV are? Or is this a problem with the test drive vehicle or is this really so bad in Hexa. I plan to take a test drive of XUV 500 tmrw to compare this.

The above and the absence of a dead pedal, is what put me off from an otherwise good test drive experience!
Old 26th December 2017, 15:55   #3598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
To all people who have HExa Manual Transmission, I have a question. How is the Gear shift quality? I know it is not one of the strong points of Hexa, but I was in for a shock when I took a test drive today. It was much worse than I expected. In comparison, my Punto feels like Butter smooth. :O

Is this how all SUV/MUV are? Or is this a problem with the test drive vehicle or is this really so bad in Hexa. I plan to take a test drive of XUV 500 tmrw to compare this.

The above and the absence of a dead pedal, is what put me off from an otherwise good test drive experience!
AFAIK, mostly every RWD vehicle will have stiffer gear shifts as compared to their other counterparts. And vibrations on the lever are also expected as they are directly mounted to the assembly (please correct me if am wrong).
You will feel XUV to have smoother shifts with less vibrations. But the tradeoff here is offroad capability which is almost nothing compared to Hexa.
I daresay, the 4X2 Hexa is sufficient to compare with AWD of XUV, given the former is RWD.

Speaking of absence of dead pedal, it was a major put off for me. But what the vehicle offered was way more for me to turn a blind eye to it. Now i am adjusted to it and find the drive to be comfortable. It needs getting used to.

Last edited by abhi7013 : 26th December 2017 at 15:59.
Old 26th December 2017, 21:26   #3599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post

The gears were a little hard to slot in during the first few days - the most commonly used ones (1st, 2nd and 3rd - mostly locally driven for purposes of running in) got easier and softer with use. They are not as precise as say those in a Honda City (was using the 3rd gen city previously) but I am very happy with the gearshift experience - no vibrations or harshness whatsoever.

On another note, today I nicked my rear bumper (into a concrete parapet) while reversing pro-style (using ORVMs and IRVM) [major heartbreak - still running on a temporary number and done 1750 Kms]

I have enquired with the body shop and they will paint and replace the bumper (Cost 4,500 + paint 4,500). Will be taking a claim on the dep cap insurance (and losing out on 20% NCB next year). Some people are of the opinion that it is a minor nick and can be tolerated. But what the heck, since I've already followed my heart by buying the Hexa, why listen to the mind (and tolerate a small dent) in this matter!

Thanks for being patient with my banter, feeling much lighter already
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171226_163003.jpg  

sugam is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 12:08   #3600
BHPian

Reposting from my review thread:-

"Update: Dampened the boot door to prevent woofer from rattling"

One of the owners had purchased a damping sheet and had installed it in the boot door panels and I thought of getting it done too at the same garage.

Placed an order for the damping sheet at 900Rs and received it on Friday:-
https://www.amazon.in/I-Copper-Dampi...+sheet+for+car

Drove to Paramount garage, JP Nagar and had the work completed in around 40 minutes.
Now the sound is just amazing with lower notes not loosing quality even at higher volumes and there are no rattles. No unwanted vibrations heard on the outside of the boot door either.

The woofer is actually very powerful and shakes up your innards when fed with the right beats and at the right volume (The MAX obviously!)
Its a shame TATA installed a powerful woofer back there and did not provide with any kind of damping at all and have just surrounded it with the sheet metal. I wish there was a way to show them the improvement in quality and have something done to the newer batches of Hexa!"
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171223_172326.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171223_172437.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171223_172444.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171223_175505.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171223_175525.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171223_180235.jpg  

abhi7013 is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks