Team-BHP - Tata Hexa : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Hexa : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/181903-tata-hexa-official-review-24.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4109879)
Team,

Here's the official comparison analysis made by Tata, comparing the upcoming Hexa SUV with it's immediate competition - the Toyota Innova Crysta and the Mahindra XUV500.

Thanks for sharing this RavenAvi!

Tata comparing with Innova Crysta and highlighting the advantages seems a bit dangerous to me from the pricing perspective. Tata considering the Mahindra as a competition is quite understandable and justified. However, bringing the Toyota into picture is dangerous for the potential buyers as this indicates that the Hexa might be priced right in between the two cars they have compared it with.

In my opinion, Hexa should be priced alongside XUV - which itself is a highly desired and reputed car. Pricing Hexa above it and comparing with Crysta - another highly desired car will leave Hexa in no man's land. I mean, if I have a budget of 18-20 lakhs why would I go for the Tata when I have two highly successful, reputed and respected cars in more or less the same budget?

Ideal scenario would have been to have an introductory price below XUV but that seems highly improbable. Highly risky times for Tata.

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx (Post 4109888)
Or they are simply trying to say that you would get waaaay more features than Innova at waaaay less price?
Tata, pretty please!

That is an optimistic way of looking at it McLaren_Roxx. But then, if Tata too thinks this way, customer is the winner :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vigkey (Post 4109886)
Thanks for sharing this RavenAvi!

Tata comparing with Innova Crysta and highlighting the advantages seems a bit dangerous to me from the pricing perspective. Tata considering the Mahindra as a competition is quite understandable and justified. However, bringing the Toyota into picture is dangerous for the potential buyers as this indicates that the Hexa might be priced right in between the two cars they have compared it with.

In my opinion, Hexa should be priced alongside XUV - which itself is a highly desired and reputed car. Pricing Hexa above it and comparing with Crysta - another highly desired car will leave Hexa in no man's land. I mean, if I have a budget of 18-20 lakhs why would I go for the Tata when I have two highly successful, reputed and respected cars in more or less the same budget?

Ideal scenario would have been to have an introductory price below XUV but that seems highly improbable. Highly risky times for Tata.

Or they are simply trying to say that you would get waaaay more features than Innova at waaaay less price?

I mean, that's what should be done, right? comparison with the segment best & the one above.

Tata, pretty please!

Let us not fret guys! We shall anyway soon know the pricing. I am sure Tata has a lot riding on it and sense would prevail. :)

On a different note, says Tata Confidential and seems like an internal report. So not sure if this was intended for public consumption in the first place!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4109879)

The first point in the advantages for the hexa over the XUV seems very childish. Saying that the hexa design is fresh over a 5 year old XUV seems lame because that's a given and this is the first time I have actually seen such a point in any of the comparisons. Its obvious that a new product will always have a fresh "design" and would not require to be highlighted as a key difference. Infact, if your new product doesn't look fresh, then that a reason to be worried about IMHO

Also, XUV W10 has an 8 inch screen and not 7, I believe. Plus it has sun-roof.

Looking at the advantage specified for AWD, they mention to position it as a SUV! Other than exterior and few interior features, all of them are just to say they have different things.
And I don think Hexa has a fresh design on the exterior front. It still looks plain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by centaur (Post 4110004)
The first point in the advantages for the hexa over the XUV seems very childish......

I took a brief look at the Hexa and came back impressed but this comparison sheet seems to have been made as a school assignment by a bunch of 10 year olds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy.S (Post 4110092)
I took a brief look at the Hexa and came back impressed but this comparison sheet seems to have been made as a school assignment by a bunch of 10 year olds.

+ 1. I didn't like the presentation of this comparison a bit also. For dual tone of front bumper, it mentions, Hexa's dual colour is more prominent compared to XUV 5OO :Frustrati. I personally felt this to be a silly mention. No offence meant.

KK

I would have expected something more mature from TATA but this is really disappointing. Even in comparisons when they mention about something better over the other, the basic thing to do is also include why its better like they have done for the longer wheel base part. One of the comparison parameters is "Next Gen Harman Infotainment system". I mean seriously? It would have rather been better to just mention Infotainment system as the parameter and list out what each of the vehicles have. I seriously hope this is just a preprint version which will get proofread and edited by someone in the marketing who is more mature enough

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 4110038)
Also, XUV W10 has an 8 inch screen and not 7, I believe. Plus it has sun-roof.

The sunroof is mentioned as one of the advantages of XUV over Hexa. But the Hexa's 2nd row captain seats is missing in its advantages over XUV.

Did a test drive of the Hexa XT AWD (from COncorde, Bangalore) yesterday. Wifey was absolutely floored. Booked it on the spot and cancelled the XUV W8 AWD booking. Some observations from our side, having test driven both the XUV and Hexa over the past 2 days:

1. Looks: This is only personal - Hexa beats XUV hands down, exteriors and interiors.
2. Engine and gearbox: XUV has a clear advantage, it is smooth, shifts are slicker, pickup is much better. Hexa engine sounded gruff and averse to higher RPMs.
3. Space: Hexa has oodles of it, even in the last row, plus a small boot. XUV has constrained last row and zero boot.
4. Price: We were getting more than a lakh discount for the XUV (for about 19.5 on road). The Concorde sales person guessed on a 21-lakh on-road price for the Hexa XT AWD.
5. Reliability and after sales: I think the Mahindra vehicle has a clear edge over here.
6. Cost of ownership: Fuel mileage and service, tyres etc - XUV seems to have the upper hand here.
7. Ride quality: Hexa is better over the bad stretches and road humps.

Its neck-to-neck XUV versus Hexa for us. But a decision from the heart - Hexa is the winner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderlust (Post 4110127)
Did a test drive of the Hexa XT AWD (from COncorde, Bangalore) yesterday.

Its neck-to-neck XUV versus Hexa for us. But a decision from the heart - Hexa is the winner.

You summed it up perfectly.

I always thought that Tata's should design the vehicle and give it to Mahindra to build it and sell and share the profit. That way the weakness of both will be addressed :). One knows how to design but not build, the other's design studio moto is to "Scare the Neighbourhood kids" but they know how to put a vehicle together.

Hello! I have seen so many post regarding Innova Crysta vs Hexa reliability just wanted if someone can highlight few valid points why Innova Crysta is better buy than Hexa.

My Perception is:
- Toyota requires less maintenance as compared to Tata even though priced higher.
- Toyota Clutch,Brakes,Suspension last much longer than Tata.
- Toyota cars exterior and interior will last longer than Tata.
Am I right on these points?

Also after owning cars from Tata(Safari) and Toyota(Etios) I hardly noticed any difference in brand value maybe I have encountered very few problems with both.

Since I can not compare Safari with Etios being from different segment so wanted to know from prospective owners who have Tata and Toyota cars of similar segment or type.

This is required as I am looking forward between Hexa or Crysta AT but just wanted to make sure my decision to be right. I had faced similar situation 6 years back when I had to choose between Safari and Scorpio but felt that was easy.

Just drove Hexa XTA from Concorde Motors, Hosur Road, Bangalore. Fantastic car.
Observations :
1. Felt sound insulation is good from inside as well as outside
2. Shifts are smooth
3. For car of this size, acceleration is good. (However, I feel, my 1.6 has an edge here)
4. Could easily maneuver in traffic.
5. It is an Attention magnet. Attracts attention of everyone around.

Drove the XT manual at concorde motors. There's no dead-pedal and it needs a bit getting used to. Clutch travel is not as long as XUV's. Since it was dark and raining, got to test the beam throw. Low beam seemed very weak. High beam is pretty good though.
Had a lengthy discussion with the sales executive regarding prices. He said the Safari sales will get hit if Hexa is priced too low. Only time will tell!

Ps: Was shocked to learn that safari 4X4 costs 19.xx L on road!