Team-BHP - Tata Hexa : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Hexa : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/181903-tata-hexa-official-review-235.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSharan (Post 4319759)
What version? I am thinking it would be a XE. and suprisingly, within next 4.6k kms (not saying it could have been the same car, but just in terms of distance covered) the engine gets screwed. :(

All the cars with Zoomcars are XE Varients, in fact they took delivery of 50 Hexas recently. Though there is an initial lag, the engine was pretty smooth and I didn't feel it to be a deal breaker. Try XM or XT varients in the demo car, it is endowed with 400nm performing motor instead of 320nm of XE. Your experience is prompting me to retest the XE varient again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi7013 (Post 4317841)
You can resume cruise by just flicking the switch once. It's very convenient even with occasional traffic.

Was doing just that but still found it cumbersome, not the cruise control on the Hexa but the traffic and speed choice, maybe 85 to 90 kmph was a better choice for that stretch.

My worry was about power loss not cruise control and I have a doubt that the power loss was brought on by the use of the cruise control, flicking to set, braking, flicking again to set, this happened a lot of times after which I experienced the power loss in the auto mode.

I'm already home and driven a few more km, haven't experienced any sort of power loss since.

Hey everyone,Vishnu here.

My close relative took delivery of a new Hexa(pearl white) xta model today from Concorde motors(Mysore road) Bangalore. However now my relative found a job card inside the car which told the car had a dent on RHS driver door and was repaired.After carefull observation he also found uneven paint spray marks which indicate the Dent being repaired.Neither the SA nor the showroom people have told anything about this to him during the purchase process.Now he feels the showroom has cheated him by not telling him these issues.He claims a replacement for the vehicle and is ready to go to consumer court.Please advise what can be done?

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vis2249696 (Post 4320102)
.Please advise what can be done?

Sorry to hear about this. There was a similar issue with our member in the Jeep dealership, do check the official review thread of Jeep. Your relative was lucky that he found the job card inside the car, or he wouldn't have noticed. I know it is the responsibility of the dealership to inform the customer about the product before delivery. Really wished he would have done the PDI.

That said, I feel the best feet forward would be to talk to the dealership and ask the details of the damage and the work done. If it is minor dent, I think it would be better to ask for compensation. I sincerely feel it would be a minor issue and the SA might have developed a cold feet. If it is something bigger, I believe it is better to escalate the issue to the higher ups in the social media. Do try to contact TML on Twitter and FB, they seem to be pretty active. Please keep us updated about this issue.

Can't stress enough on how important PDI is! A Nexon allotted to us had deep scratches, and few other minor issues - because of which I had refused delivery. This was after 'double PDI' from their side. Dealers normally act like its no big deal, after all he has a car to sell. I spent a day checking in fact. So, please look carefully before buying.

Hi guys, few questions that I would like to ask regarding the XM varients. I felt XM is a true vfm package. With the offer going on, it is up for grabs for 16 lakhs change.

1. Is it possible to retrofit DRLs in the XM varients?
2. Regarding reverse sensors, does XM gets dynamic guidelines as well?
3. How about the seat covers? Is aftermarket better? I love all black interior
4. How much does it cost for the alloys?
5. Can the ORVM be shut with power button?

These were some of the questions that would helpful me a lot. Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doxinboy (Post 4320963)
Hi guys, few questions that I would like to ask regarding the XM varients. I felt XM is a true vfm package. With the offer going on, it is up for grabs for 16 lakhs change.

1. Is it possible to retrofit DRLs in the XM varients?
2. Regarding reverse sensors, does XM gets dynamic guidelines as well?
3. How about the seat covers? Is aftermarket better? I love all black interior
4. How much does it cost for the alloys?
5. Can the ORVM be shut with power button?

These were some of the questions that would helpful me a lot. Thanks in advance.

1.) There are a couple of Hexa owners who got these fog lamp plus DRLs retrofitted from the topspec XT trim and they're happy with the mod.
2.) XM only get the reverse parking sensors with guidelines on the touchscreen when the reverse gear is engaged.
3.) There are some reputed brands aftermarket who can get you the desired level of workmanship. It purely boils down on the budget you've decided.
4.) TML is charging about 8k per alloy and these are 16-inchers which don't look good when you bring the 19-inchers into the picture.
5.) ORVMs can't be electrically folded like in the XT spec trims. These are electrically adjustable though.

Hope I was of some help.

Varun

(P.S rather than going for the XM, I would recommend you to stretch a bit and get the XT itself. It's got all the nice-to-have and must-have features and you'll not regret later that as to why didn't I bring the topspec trim then)

Just bouncing off some thoughts that's been buzzing in my head for a few days.

I had a chance to rent out a zoomcar Hexa. It had about 4K on the ODO.
BARRING the cleaning being shabbily done the vehicle was quite pleasant to sit in and drive.

Pick up was adequate, but the speed governor was total kill-joy. Not that I like to speed beyond. But sometimes it's almost a safety hazard when you try to overtake a larger vehicle going at around 70-75.

What I found most annoying was the middle row not tumbling completely (60 of the 60:40). It would hit the middle AC vents. I slid the middle row all the way back and tried too.

Either this is a major design defect or there's something wrong with this particular vehicle.

I drove a dealers XT model today. Yes, huge difference in smoothness of both engine and gearbox.
But at 15.5 lacs after year end offers the XE is a VFM proposition.
The XT is on an offer price of 18.56 (ORP), which is much below the INNOVA's Similar spec 2.4 VX MT, which is around 22L. (Disclaimer:These comparisons are based on my own requirements and are not based on any detailed comparisons)

I usually favour the AT but the XT manual was very smooth. Gear throws were long but enjoyable. Clutch was light grippy.
My choice if at all would be the XT as it offers 19" wheels, 6 airbags, ESP, 4x4, leather seats, cruise control (in that order).
I wish there was a variant that had all except the 4x4.
The 4x4 while adding cost is a wannabe feature (for me)that somewhere someday it would be useful!

Overall I admire TATA's effort in improving the feel in the cabin. It's quiet, tight and well put together. However, having owned an Innova for 9years, there's this niggling thought of would this really good feeling car, feel good in the long run.

Quote:

Originally Posted by satyanu28 (Post 4321447)
I drove a dealers XT model today. Yes, huge difference in smoothness of both engine and gearbox.
But at 15.5 lacs after year end offers the XE is a VFM proposition.
The XT is on an offer price of 18.56 (ORP)

I usually favour the AT but the XT manual was very smooth. Gear throws were long but enjoyable. Clutch was light grippy.
My choice if at all would be the XT as it offers 19" wheels, 6 airbags, ESP, 4x4, leather seats, cruise control (in that order).
I wish there was a variant that had all except the 4x4.
The 4x4 while adding cost is a wannabe feature (for me)that somewhere someday it would be useful!

There are 3 top models, XT (Manual), XTA (Automatic) & XT 4x4 (4x4 Manual). But there is no XTA 4x4 (4x4 Automatic).

If I remember right, XE & XT 4x4 (as you mentioned) has a difference of almost 8 lakhs in the OTR price. But you have mentioned only a difference of 3 lakhs! I think XE costs around 13 lakhs, but the price you mentioned might be of XM, the 2nd variant. XT costs around 20-21 lakhs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vis2249696 (Post 4320102)
Hey everyone

Hey guys,There is an update regarding the issue.

Tata motors and Concorde motors both have agreed their mistakes and have agreed to rectify it. My relative has got constant calls of apology from the showroom and now the showroom has promised to replace the car. Mistakes do happen but the determination of Tata to correct the mistake and change their brand perception in the eyes of people is appreciable. My relative also mentioned there was tremendous pressure from Tata motors to the showroom to get the issue rectified after the post went live.Shows the potential of tbhp and how closely it is being followed by car manufacturers.

Kudos to tata and Teambhp !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebring (Post 4320150)
Can't stress enough on how important PDI is! A Nexon allotted to us had deep scratches, and few other minor issues - because of which I had refused delivery. This was after 'double PDI' from their side. Dealers normally act like its no big deal, after all he has a car to sell. I spent a day checking in fact. So, please look carefully before buying.

Sir,
How did the dealer rectify it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vis2249696 (Post 4321564)
Sir,
How did the dealer rectify it?

Yes if I remember right, he found it pre delivery and got another car alloted to him.

Thanks Arif_t01 for pointing out the error. The 15.5 I mentioned was for the XM and not the XE.
The SA didn't mention about the XT 4x2. Even when I asked. Now that is something worth considering provedided it retains all the safety features and excludes only the 4x4 transmission.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vis2249696 (Post 4321558)
My relative also mentioned there was tremendous pressure from Tata motors to the showroom to get the issue rectified after the post went live.Shows the potential of tbhp and how closely it is being followed by car manufacturers.

Kudos to tata and Teambhp !!

Congratulations, but this is specific to Tata motors. Tata takes Team Bhp very seriously. The Compass thread is full of examples of people getting damaged cars, and in one case a customer got beaten by the showroom folks. Even after the fake service fiasco, Maruti has not changed. They lied about changing an air filter on our Baleno and accepted that they were lying only when we requested for the old parts back. I guess Tata cares because it has erred in the past and learnt the right lessons.

Enjoy the Hexa.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nissan1180 (Post 4321631)
I guess Tata cares because it has erred in the past and learnt the right lessons.

Enjoy the Hexa.

Couldn't agree more on this! They are on the right track now.It is high time for other manufacturers to correct their ways as well.

Shocked to see the cases of Jeep and even Maruti is doing this.Guess they have enough number of customers to take them for granted.