Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2017, 12:33   #3451
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
The insurance company isn't insisting, they only want RTO approval for chassis change, its the RTO who is insisting on the FIR although we tried explaining them that it shouldn't be necessary, but in vain.
Had this checked at the RTO. FIR Will be required even by the Insurance company. Basically, if tomorrow there is claim by anyone, the Insurance company will face the liability. Hence suggest get this done. It will clear your hurdles at both points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
The dealership is asking him for 9500/- as handling charges.
Hasnt Delhi HC also passed the order against Handling Charges ? If yes, get a copy of this and approach the dealership. You could also try any other dealership if you can at least get a better deal on this.
Old 1st December 2017, 13:12   #3452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by N33raj View Post
Looks like i have to make a visit to Toyota then.
Strange when they have worked on the compatibility and it is being sorted out still they are not ready to launch the AT with 4x4 & ESP. Also how much will be the difference in cost maybe 1 lac max. I don't think anyone will have problem in spending that extra amount given the benefit of ESP and driving modes.
Old 1st December 2017, 13:25   #3453
BHPian

Quote:
me: xta with awd and ESP please.
tc: sir we have solved the issues of GB and AWD system incompatibility; however our bosses are under the impression that such a variant will be more expensive that the xt 4x4 even. Hence we are not really pushing for it.
me: so if i want such an example, i can have it but you are not bothered to make one?
tc+rc: yes sir. That sounds about right.
me: what if i pay you as advance booking an amount of 1 mil and the rest on delivery? Take your time and build me this variant. Can you do it?
sc+rc+tc: sir do not think that is possible.
me: so you would rather be complacent?
sc+rc+tc: sir we cannot do anything as this would be a one off. Sorry.

I would love to get my hands on a XTA 4X4 and the only thing stopping me from making a booking is that I am uncertain about sacrificing wither the automatic or the 4X4 capability. However, I do believe that we on this forum represent a niche segment of the market and an XTA 4X4 priced at a 1.5L premium to the XT 4X4 would find the going tough as it would out price the comparable XUV (however more capable the Hexa may be!).

However, I don't understand what stops them from integrating the TC and ESP in the XTA as that should not have a significant cost impact and it would make the XTA a safer vehicle.
Old 1st December 2017, 13:37   #3454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Strange when they have worked on the compatibility and it is being sorted out still they are not ready to launch the AT with 4x4 & ESP. Also how much will be the difference in cost maybe 1 lac max. I don't think anyone will have problem in spending that extra amount given the benefit of ESP and driving modes.
I know! I would happily foot the additional amount. As things stand, I have the option of a XUV 500 W10 AWD AT (not really want to buy), a Crysta Z auto (again, not really want) or sell my kidney and liver and get an Endeavour 3.2 6AT(which i like) or Fortuner Σ4(which i do not). The Hexa is 75% Endeavour for 50% price which i think is a good. Now if only they get around to making the variant i want.
N33raj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 13:54   #3455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
tc: sir we have solved the issues of GB and AWD system incompatibility; however our bosses are under the impression that such a variant will be more expensive that the xt 4x4 even. Hence we are not really pushing for it.
It seems Tata is happy with the demand for XMA and XTA. Hence they are not ready to invest more and launch another model and focusing their resources in building the automatic models. That could be the reason why some the BHPians were refused a XT 4*4 or given very long waiting periods.

However, just like M&M (IIRC Scorpio 4wd has higher waiting period than a 2wd one), they should produce the 4wd models once in while to cater to the demand and accommodate the customers. This would help them build the brand and trust.

The 4wd feature should be the highlight for the two new SUVs that they are going to launch in future. Since the 6 speed AT + AWD integration is complete, it could be implemented directly in the new SUVs.
Old 1st December 2017, 14:16   #3456
BANNED

Update:
XTA billed, covered and parked safely in a corner.

Delivery date: Thursday, 21st December (The pandit ji factor here)
VKumar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 14:41   #3457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
It seems Tata is happy with the demand for XMA and XTA. Hence they are not ready to invest more and launch another model and focusing their resources in building the automatic models. That could be the reason why some the BHPians were refused a XT 4*4 or given very long waiting periods.
True that. I was told by the SA that the Hexa production for XTA and XMA variants is top priority, followed by XT. The production of other models is either slow or taken up on demand.

Update on refund of cancellation amount: After multiple follow ups with the Dealer (Concorde, Pune) on the refund, I finally shot a mail to the dealership team, copying the CEO of concorde motors (Thanks to Team-BHP for providing this info in another thread ). The cheque is now ready within 8 hours of my email. I will collect it either today evening or tomorrow, thus ending this chapter of my interaction with a Tata dealer and TML.

Feeling sad about not able to drive the vehicle of my choice.
Old 1st December 2017, 17:05   #3458
BHPian

Folks - need some help from the forum members.

I have booked the Hexa XMA and delivery is expected next week. I wanted to get Fog lamps and rear camera added as accessories to the vehicle However I was told that Tata have instructed the dealers that Camera and Fog lamps cannot be fit onto an XMA. The reason provided was that the wiring in XMA is not geared to handle additional electronics. I was also told that if this is fixed then this will cause the vehicle battery to drain and could cause the vehicle to stop mid-way.

Can someone who has purchased the XMA model let me know if they faced a similar challenge? Also has anyone, who owns an XMA, got a Camera and/or Fog lamps fixed onto their vehicles?
Old 1st December 2017, 21:42   #3459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
However I was told that Tata have instructed the dealers that Camera and Fog lamps cannot be fit onto an XMA. The reason provided was that the wiring in XMA is not geared to handle additional electronics.
Sounds like a joke to me. People have been installing additional lamps, cameras and music systems for ages. Not like those car batteriess ran out of juice. If an XTA can have those, what's stopping from using them on the XMA unless the wiring harness is entirely different?
discoverwild is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 22:51   #3460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Sounds like a joke to me. People have been installing additional lamps, cameras and music systems for ages. Not like those car batteriess ran out of juice. If an XTA can have those, what's stopping from using them on the XMA unless the wiring harness is entirely different?
I dont know about the Hexa but having owned multple Tata cars over several years, they usually use the same wiring harness across the different variants. Makes more sense as the cost saving of procuring in larger volumes as well as similarity in assembly would probably more than offset any cost saving due to a few missing bits in a harness for a lower variant.
Strangerintown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 23:13   #3461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Folks - need some help from the forum members.

I have booked the Hexa XMA and delivery is expected next week. I wanted to get Fog lamps and rear camera added as accessories to the vehicle However I was told that Tata have instructed the dealers that Camera and Fog lamps cannot be fit onto an XMA. The reason provided was that the wiring in XMA is not geared to handle additional electronics. I was also told that if this is fixed then this will cause the vehicle battery to drain and could cause the vehicle to stop mid-way.

Can someone who has purchased the XMA model let me know if they faced a similar challenge? Also has anyone, who owns an XMA, got a Camera and/or Fog lamps fixed onto their vehicles?
I am not sure which dealer / city you are dealing with but the dealer here in Gurgaon told me that fog lamps, DRLs, reverse camera can be fitted for an additional INR 12,000. I don't clearly remember if INR 12K includes reverse camera, but it definitely was an answer to my question on making the front fascia similar to XTA wrt to fog maps and DRLs.

I suggest checking with another dealer in your city or maybe just take the delivery of the vehicle for now and go back later to get these fitted. Perhaps the salesman was not equipped with the right information or they didn't have these accessories in stock / worse still, they have had issues with people for whom they installed it before due to bad workmanship.

Enjoy the drive, pls do share a detailed review.

Last edited by zzzehar : 1st December 2017 at 23:17.
zzzehar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 08:32   #3462
BHPian

Quote:
: sir we have solved the issues of GB and AWD system incompatibility; however our bosses are under the impression that such a variant will be more expensive that the xt 4x4 even. Hence we are not really pushing for it.
me: so if i want such an example, i can have it but you are not bothered to make one?
tc+rc: yes sir. That sounds about right.
me: what if i pay you as advance booking an amount of 1 mil and the rest on delivery? Take your time and build me this variant. Can you do it?
sc+rc+tc: sir do not think that is possible.
me: so you would rather be complacent?
sc+rc+tc: sir we cannot do anything as this would be a one off. Sorry.

What model they come up with is completely based on the volume that specific trim would generate. Although I personally would love to see an XTA 4x4, i' m not sure how many normal car buyers would be interested in that.

I guess you weren't serious when you asked them to build a variant only for you after you pay them advance booking of 1 million.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 2nd December 2017 at 12:21.
Old 2nd December 2017, 12:28   #3463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Not like those car batteriess ran out of juice. If an XTA can have those, what's stopping from using them on the XMA unless the wiring harness is entirely different?
Correct. That is what I was told, that the wiring harness is different. And for the XMA there are no spare fuses available. I was also told that it is possible in the XE but not in the XM/XMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar View Post
Perhaps the salesman was not equipped with the right information or they didn't have these accessories in stock / worse still, they have had issues with people for whom they installed it before due to bad workmanship.
Apparently a few customers complained of issues after having these fixed. I was told that Tata have specifically instructed the dealers not to fix Fog lamps and Reverse cameras on the vehicle.

Can I get these fixed from some accessories vendor after taking delivery of the vehicle. Does this void the warranty, if I do this? I'm sure I will get some pretty good options for both fog lamps / reverse parking cameras outside. I really hope I can get at least the reverse camera fixed on the vehicle.
ptushar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 16:21   #3464
BHPian

Good news for those who are waiting for year end offers, to take the leap. Seems that Tata had announced the year end offers.
Link to the News: https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...-lakh/61914847
Old 4th December 2017, 17:18   #3465

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
Good news for those who are waiting for year end offers, to take the leap. Seems that Tata had announced the year end offers.
Link to the News: https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...-lakh/61914847
I just checked with dealer in Pune they said there is offer on Insurance but no exchange bonus. May be TML have gone to media first in place of issuing new circular to dealers.

Most Viewed