Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2017, 12:51   #3016
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
Congratulations.
I still feel you have some scope for negotiations. For example, Insurance can be brought down to 55-56k, if done from dealership and around 50k if done independently.
I got my insurance done online from Royal Sundaram for 47673 for IDV of 16 lakhs. Insurance covers everything - zero dep, unlimited claims, engine protection, key replacement, RSA, etc.

Last edited by ampere : 20th September 2017 at 16:56. Reason: Fixed quote tag
su_spatil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 13:33   #3017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
If its the same noise, you dont have to worry per TATA.

This is the exact noise that I get so I am not very worried about it. However I do have a question as to why the noise has to come during gear changes?

Last edited by ampere : 20th September 2017 at 16:55. Reason: Removed video link
Old 20th September 2017, 15:57   #3018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
If its the same noise, you dont have to worry per TATA.
I get this sound on my XT 4x2 also and it is near 2000 RPM mainly.
In the initial days, rather on the first day of my drive , I experienced a momentary torque/power loss also. Although I had read about the gargle sound I had not expected torque/power loss and was alarmed.
However over the subsequent 1-2 days, the torque/power loss issue is no more and only sound has persisted.

Last edited by ampere : 20th September 2017 at 16:56. Reason: Removed video link from quoted post
Old 20th September 2017, 16:20   #3019

Done with my PDI today for a Sky Grey - XTA - 6 Seater and completed the payment formalities with KHT Brookefield, Bangalore.
Waiting for the delivery on Saturday, 23rd Sep.

I cannot thank enough all the enthusiasts here on this thread. Your input was critical for this mighty leap of faith. I hope all goes well from on. For someone interested following is the price break up. I had booked before the proposed cess hike and got a price protection assurance from dealer on any eventual price hike

Ex-Showroom, Bangalore 1605580
Road tax 305273
TDS 16055
Insurance 45000
Extended Warranty 12916
Handling Charges 9500
Accessories (Mats, blah blah) 6000
On Road 2000324
Corporate Discount -5000
Cancelled handling charges -9500
Free accessories -6000
On Road-Final 1979824

PS : When I went to the stock yard for PDI, I could see the place was jammed with Hexas! Predominantly Arizona Blue. I am expecting to see more Hexas on the road starting this festive season.

Last edited by ampere : 20th September 2017 at 16:56.
Lone_Wolf is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 17:11   #3020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
Done with my PDI today for a Sky Grey - XTA - 6 Seater and completed the payment formalities with KHT Brookefield, Bangalore.
Congratulations. Good to see you got the pre cess hike price. That makes it even sweeter package.

May I know when did you book the car?

Last edited by prasanna_indaje : 20th September 2017 at 17:14.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 18:00   #3021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_spatil View Post
I got my insurance done online from Royal Sundaram for 47673 for IDV of 16 lakhs. Insurance covers everything - zero dep, unlimited claims, engine protection, key replacement, RSA, etc.
Me too. But a little higher than 48k from Royal Sundaram. Your IDV (95% of ex-showroom) is 16L exactly? With return to invoice, NCB protector, and engine protection it came around 51.5k.

Last edited by vinodvayyat : 20th September 2017 at 18:20.
Old 20th September 2017, 18:15   #3022

We booked it on 23rd August and asked for a fresh stock.
I was notified of the VIN number in few days. Looked up and found that the vehicle was manufactured in August 2017. Got a call from SA sometime in first week of September that the price hike would be effective very soon, so I had to do a down payment of a fraction of the final price and get the invoice to secure the price protection.
Lone_Wolf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 19:34   #3023
BHPian

Quote:
We booked it on 23rd August and asked for a fresh stock.
I was notified of the VIN number in few days. Looked up and found that the vehicle was manufactured in August 2017. Got a call from SA sometime in first week of September that the price hike would be effective very soon, so I had to do a down payment of a fraction of the final price and get the invoice to secure the price protection.
Myself and Prasanna couldn't get pre-cess pricing. We booked later in the beginning of September. Congratulations! We have moved ahead with new pricing after securing some discounts. But that still puts around 90k-1L difference.
Old 20th September 2017, 20:24   #3024
BHPian

Quote:
Waiting for the delivery on Saturday, 23rd Sep.

PS : When I went to the stock yard for PDI, I could see the place was jammed with Hexas! Predominantly Arizona Blue. I am expecting to see more Hexas on the road starting this festive season.
Congratulations on the new purchase. Here in Mumbai - Thane area we are already seeing a lot more Hexas on the road and it is good to see that. On average I spot about 3 to 4 every day. Its still not Innova levels but a lot of us were happier with the exclusivity that the lower sales numbers offered.

However, now that the sales numbers are picking up, it is really critical for Tata to provide a great after sales experience and manage the flood of vehicles in the best possible manner.
Old 20th September 2017, 21:19   #3025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
XTA Transmission noises

At certain speeds, the transmission makes noise which sounds like a rubber flap brushing against the wheel or underbody.

I'm guessing this is expected for auto transmissions when the speed is not right for a gear and the tranny tries to keep it in the correct gear ?

Wanted to check with other drivers of the XTA.

thanks
Srinivas
I also get this. And unlike someone mentioned it's not around 2000 rpm. It's usually when the gear shifts and you are not pressing hard on the paddle. It's momentary and then disappears.
Old 20th September 2017, 21:36   #3026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvayyat View Post
Me too. But a little higher than 48k from Royal Sundaram. Your IDV (95% of ex-showroom) is 16L exactly? With return to invoice, NCB protector, and engine protection it came around 51.5k.
IDV as calculated by the online insurance agents (Royal Sundaram, Bajaj, Policy bazaar & Policybachat) was 15.86 lakhs (95%). I asked for a round figure of 16 lakhs after confirming that in case of total loss, the full IDV value would be paid. Moreover, I did not opt for Return to invoice as it did not make sense in the first year as the IDV was maximum. Like I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I pitted the dealer against the online insurance agent from Royal Sundaram. When the Tata dealer expressed inability to match the online quote, I bought the insurance from Royal Sundaram online, as it was the only insurer covering everything with unlimited claims.

Last edited by su_spatil : 20th September 2017 at 21:36. Reason: Typing error
su_spatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 14:18   #3027
BHPian

Why pay insurance premium on taxes. GST + CESS is 50% of ex factory price. Actually insurance is for the value of the vehicle and not for taxes. Above all we have to pay service tax on insurance amount again. Service comes into play only when we make a claim. Otherwise it's just an agreement between the car owner and insurance companies.
Old 21st September 2017, 14:43   #3028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Why pay insurance premium on taxes. GST + CESS is 50% of ex factory price. Actually insurance is for the value of the vehicle and not for taxes. Above all we have to pay service tax on insurance amount again. Service comes into play only when we make a claim. Otherwise it's just an agreement between the car owner and insurance companies.
Simple, insurance company does not reimburse a claim at ex-factory price of the components and labor consumed for repairs, it is at MRP which includes GST.
Old 21st September 2017, 15:23   #3029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_spatil View Post
IDV as calculated by the online insurance agents (Royal Sundaram, Bajaj, Policy bazaar & Policybachat) was 15.86 lakhs (95%). I asked for a round figure of 16 lakhs after confirming that in case of total loss, the full IDV value would be paid. Moreover, I did not opt for Return to invoice as it did not make sense in the first year as the IDV was maximum.
In my case, the Ex-showroom is 16.99L for XTA. The 95% will be 16.15L - for this the premium is 48k (quoted for me). If I go for Full Invoice, it merely increases by 1-1.5k or so which I think is a good offer. With engine protection added it will cross another 1k. Guidance IDV is 95%. I have been taking Royal Sundaram for the past 3 years in a row - they have good claim history and was very nice for me during a claim process.

Last edited by vinodvayyat : 21st September 2017 at 15:25.
Old 22nd September 2017, 12:16   #3030
BHPian

Wait is Finally over...
Took the delivery of Hexa XM, Arizona Blue yesterday...

Overall it was amazing experience..

Shall share detailed images Soon.

Special Thanks to Team Team-Bhp for the detailed review.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-9dd8444eb7aa4441b7998e877e8ce4c0l000101.jpeg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-a34778e6494947c88aebf42c3d45524dl000101.jpeg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-27941d1ba57c417c8fe8daa1e9505379l000101.jpeg  

Last edited by wheelieboy : 22nd September 2017 at 12:18.
wheelieboy is offline   (16) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks