Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2017, 22:12   #2086
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
Yet, in the end, Toyota wins because it is more reliable and has a better resale value?
With these as the deciding factors, there is no need to even do a test-drive. Decide the winner on the toss, eh?

BTW, the first page of this review lists this as a weakness -
Quote:
Tata's after-sales service remains a hit or miss
Think, this needs to be updated based on REAL feedback from REAL owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Another important point to add is that we all find one thing common with TATA: Their after sales service rocks! Irrespective of the issue, the response time and quality is worth mentioning. To those of you sceptical of buying the Hexa because of doubts on service, fear not. Service centres of other international brands will be put to shame.
Old 31st May 2017, 00:01   #2087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
The review seems a bit shallow by Autocar standards. Rs. 5 lakhs can get you another hatchback, and it is not a small amount (for any segment). They found that the Hexa rides better, has a more silent cabin and a better infotainment system, a better gearbox. Yet, in the end, Toyota wins because it is more reliable and has a better resale value? That's not fair. Give the product a chance.
The comments section tells you all that needs to be told. LOL!

A biased review by any standard.
Old 31st May 2017, 00:15   #2088
BHPian

Given that the Tata dealer here in Mumbai didn't bother following up with me on my proposed purchase, even after a test drive, maybe Autocar is onto something

That said, Mahindra was equally bad. No follow up, no test drive (I want an automatic) as they said you already have a XUV500, why do you want to test drive.

Last edited by djpeesh : 31st May 2017 at 00:17.
Old 31st May 2017, 07:50   #2089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post

BTW, the first page of this review lists this as a weakness -
Think, this needs to be updated based on REAL feedback from REAL owners.
For some reason, though we requested to atleast add a line saying that the existing owners are happy with the service, it was not done. And definitely not fair as it puts back potential buyers and the statement is totally false in case of the Hexa.

Last edited by abhi7013 : 31st May 2017 at 07:52.
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 08:05   #2090
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Given that the Tata dealer here in Mumbai didn't bother following up with me on my proposed purchase, even after a test drive, maybe Autocar is onto something
Is Tata to be blamed for this? I would say yes only if you did not hear from anybody at TaMo directly. I recollect that Tata had organised special training for SAs from different dealerships specifically for the Hexa just before the pre-bookings opened. In this case it is mostly down to an ignorant SA who is either not hungry for numbers (read: incentives) or has already sold more than he/she expected. Try taking the higher-ups of the dealership to task and make them understand what it takes to do business.
Old 31st May 2017, 09:32   #2091
BHPian

Thanks to all for the response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post

Android Auto does not work. You can't mirror your phone's screen onto the head unit display.

As for Navimaps, I have managed to get it operational.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuruddhs View Post
I am not a regular user for navimaps but i tried one time and it was working as expected with my samsung s7 edge with the regular cable I got with phone.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlynerd View Post
I think the first step would be to install the connectnerxt app and connect your phone to the car USB. This will allow the Harman system to detect the phone. Then install the navimaps app as well as download the offline maps.
Quote:
I don't think android auto would work with the Harman system.
As for Navimaps, could you give more details? Is it working on your phone? Do you have the ConnectNext app?
I have the Connect Next app installed. I have also downloaded the Navimaps application and the off line map. It works very well on my phone. Initially I had paired phone via BT. May be I will remove the pairing and try and pair with the USB cable and then try this. I will also try with different cables too.
Old 31st May 2017, 09:42   #2092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
Thanks to all for the response.

Thanks

I have the Connect Next app installed. I have also downloaded the Navimaps application and the off line map. It works very well on my phone. Initially I had paired phone via BT. May be I will remove the pairing and try and pair with the USB cable and then try this. I will also try with different cables too.
There's a bug. If you pair your phone via BT and then connect using USB to the unit, your phone will not be detected.
Hence, switch off your Bluetooth and then connect the cable. Post opening the connectnext app, your device will be recognized.
Old 31st May 2017, 09:47   #2093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
Try taking the higher-ups of the dealership to task and make them understand what it takes to do business.
Why ? When did it become the responsibility of the car-buying public to also instil in dealership staff, common business sense ?
Isn't it bad enough that we have to do it with every other service we deal with ?
im_srini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 10:16   #2094
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Why ?
I agree, theoretically it's not a part of the car buying public's job. But I think we are still in a seller's market and not a buyer's market. If the product is good and should we want to buy/own it, we sometimes need to take the dealership folks to task and demand better service.
Old 31st May 2017, 20:01   #2095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post

That said, Mahindra was equally bad. No follow up, no test drive (I want an automatic) as they said you already have a XUV500, why do you want to test drive.
I have had a different experience with Tata dealers in Mumbai and Thane. Although I have only dealt with Fortune and Concorde, both were very proactive and called me several times during the process.
Old 1st June 2017, 09:21   #2096
BHPian

Quote:
There's a bug. If you pair your phone via BT and then connect using USB to the unit, your phone will not be detected.
Hence, switch off your Bluetooth and then connect the cable. Post opening the connectnext app, your device will be recognized.
It now works after I disconnected the BT pairing and paired with USB cable I am able to get the navimap on the display screnn. Thanks for the inputs
Old 2nd June 2017, 11:42   #2097

Hello friends I have query regarding PUC certificate upon purchase of the Hexa. Does the dealer provide any certificate stating that the car is roadworthy for one year from date of registration? Or is it mentioned somewhere in the user manual?
Old 2nd June 2017, 12:18   #2098
BHPian

I have not seen anything on PUC, Roadworthy certificate has to be submitted to RTO otherwise you can not get your vehicle registered so if we have got vehicle registered that means its already submitted to authorities.
Old 2nd June 2017, 13:43   #2099
Senior - BHPian

Dealer will not provide any PUC certificate. This is done by the manufacturer and they issue a declaration vouching pollution compliance and this will be a part of requirements for the vehicle's roadworthiness certificate, as said by Anuruddhs. The RTO has a checklist and they validate the submitted docs against it to issue a temp / permanent registration. Hence your PUC is valid for 1 year from the date of registration; after that a third-party certification (issued by the approved pollution "testing" agencies) is required.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 2nd June 2017 at 13:45.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 15:30   #2100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitd View Post
Hello friends I have query regarding PUC certificate upon purchase of the Hexa. Does the dealer provide any certificate stating that the car is roadworthy for one year from date of registration? Or is it mentioned somewhere in the user manual?
From my experience, your invoice or registration card is your PUC certificate for one year. Either can be used to prove the age of the vehicle.

Last edited by samaspire : 2nd June 2017 at 15:32. Reason: Fixing misquote

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks