Team-BHP - Tata Hexa : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Hexa : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/181903-tata-hexa-official-review-139.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anuruddhs (Post 4207353)
Both are I.C.G brand and side step looks good in my opinion, Personally not that happy with rear guard look but that was the only option available on shop and I did't want to come again for same stuff so put the one which was available.

The step looks fine. Although I prefer the fit and finish of the original accessory. I have never been a fan of the guards in either the front or the back. I always felt that they were just glorified scratch preventers. In the event of a real accident or rear ending in your case they may do more harm than good as now you will have a metal part intending to damage your vehicle rather than a fibreglass bumper of the other car.

I do have a question. Will the fitting of this metal guard prevent airbag deployment in any way? While I do not think that there are any airbag sensors at the back, a big enough hit from the back should also trigger airbags in my opinion.

From a pure looks perspective, the bar doesn't really go well with the car. However these things are very subjective and look different to different people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anuruddhs (Post 4207353)
Personally not that happy with rear guard look but that was the only option available on shop ...

For the rear, did you try the flat. black one that comes for the Crysta / Innova ? If that can fit, would be nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 4207582)
For the rear, did you try the flat. black one that comes for the Crysta / Innova ? If that can fit, would be nice.

I did not tried the exact innova one but others with similar looks but looks like hexa accessories in after market are still short in supply , as there were few Hexa in market for side step fitting and the fitment guy has only one fitting available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi7013 (Post 4206801)
It was just the flickering lights and re-locking that were the "issues"! If you could read again, the other pointers were just my request to them and not "minor issues".

I think I jinxed myself there! My Hexa just had her first niggle. The rear right brake light gave up yesterday. (Tail light is working, brighter brake light function is not)
Quote:

Originally Posted by anthiltg (Post 4206761)
Overall, everyone I interacted with in TASS/Concorde during this issue, seemed eager to help and ensure Customer satisfaction.

Cant agree more. Experience at TASS has been top class with everyone involved being courteous, polite and eager to help. The Tata Motors Service App is a nifty little thing which simplifies the entire process so much. Raise a complaint, and within 15 mins you get calls from your dealer as well from Tata Motors, Pune.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain (Post 4207846)
I think I jinxed myself there! My Hexa just had her first niggle. The rear right brake light gave up yesterday. (Tail light is working, brighter brake light function is not)

I think you just need to change the bulb.

I am trying to use Navimaps from my phone, MOTO G5 Plus. But it is not getting displayed in the car system. Have any of you tried this?
Also I tried to use Android Auto but again was unsuccessful. I am using a good quality USB cable, but anyway will try with couple of other cables today evening

Quote:

Originally Posted by arulpeem (Post 4207886)
I am trying to use Navimaps from my phone, MOTO G5 Plus. But it is not getting displayed in the car system. Have any of you tried this?
Also I tried to use Android Auto but again was unsuccessful. I am using a good quality USB cable, but anyway will try with couple of other cables today evening

I don't think android auto would work with the Harman system.
As for Navimaps, could you give more details? Is it working on your phone? Do you have the ConnectNext app?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 4207878)

Its a series of individual LEDs if am not wrong!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 4207878)

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi7013 (Post 4207954)
Its a series of individual LEDs if am not wrong!

It is an entire strip of bulbs/LEDs. Most likely some loose connection or blown fuse. But whatever it is, it is Tata's problem. Gold AMC :)
Quote:

Android Auto does not work. You can't mirror your phone's screen onto the head unit display.

As for Navimaps, I have managed to get it operational. You'll first need to pair the phone using USB cable and let the system configure itself. Then you'll operate it using the Navimaps app on your phone (not head unit), for which you'll also need to have the local map downloaded. Honestly, it is too complicated and buggy and the interface sucks. I have tried it a couple of times and then I gave up on it. Google Maps is best. I use OnePlus 3T.

@Shreyans_Jain - In your case LH side is working right, so blown fuse may not be the problem. Hopefully it is just a loose contact.

Quote:

I am not a regular user for navimaps but i tried one time and it was working as expected with my samsung s7 edge with the regular cable I got with phone.

Quote:

I think the first step would be to install the connectnerxt app and connect your phone to the car USB. This will allow the Harman system to detect the phone. Then install the navimaps app as well as download the offline maps.

Autocar has come out with a comparison review of Tata Hexa and Innova Crysta. Link

They have pointed out the same strengths and weakness that have been highlighted in team-bhp reviews. So no point repeating them.

Their verdict:

Quote:

Rupees 4 lakh is a substantial sum of money at this end of the car market, so if the more affordable Hexa proved better than the Innova Crysta it would be quite the bargain. What’s impressive is that the Hexa does run the Innova close on many counts and even betters it in areas like ride comfort. But, money no object, our vote still goes to the Innova.
As a product, the Innova Crysta packs in slightly more punch across parameters to edge ahead of the Hexa, even if by a smaller margin than expected. However, what really tips the scale in its favour is the quality, reliability and dependability that are a part and parcel of the Toyota experience. Sure, Tata has improved on its traditional weak points in the ownership experience but it’s still a long way before you can get the same peace of mind as when buying a Toyota product. There’s just no denying the Innova is expensive for what you get, but given the high resale value (the Hexa still has to prove its mettle there) you can expect even years down the line, the high initial outlay doesn’t pinch as much. Goliath wins. Again.

Only now had a chance to see the Hexa in flesh and blood properly rather than a glance in traffic. Certainly looks awesome and a gargantuan SUV. The 19 inch alloys are smashing and if this one proves to be as reliable as the Innova in the longer term, I think this will be a great success. :thumbs up

Quote:

Autocar has come out with a comparison review of Tata Hexa and Innova Crysta. Link
The review seems a bit shallow by Autocar standards. Rs. 5 lakhs can get you another hatchback, and it is not a small amount (for any segment). They found that the Hexa rides better, has a more silent cabin and a better infotainment system, a better gearbox. Yet, in the end, Toyota wins because it is more reliable and has a better resale value? That's not fair. Give the product a chance.