Team-BHP - Tata Hexa : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Hexa : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/181903-tata-hexa-official-review-132.html)

I have bought a Carnot OBD based GPS for my HEXA, yet to receive it from amazon. Any feedback from people using carnot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by su_spatil (Post 4195274)
Has any one fitted the seat covers, provided as an accessory by Tata, in the XT/XTA?

I don't think it is a good idea to consider seat covers for the XT/XTA variants as they have side airbags.

Has any one opted for Ceramic Coating for you Hexa , kindly guide about Ceramic Coating and costs involved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitsass (Post 4195459)
kindly guide about Ceramic Coating and costs involved.

There's an entire thread on this -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185801

Quote:

Originally Posted by su_spatil (Post 4195274)
Has any one fitted the seat covers, provided as an accessory by Tata, in the XT/XTA? I think that the seats are a bit too firm and feel that cushioned seat covers are needed. Do they match the interiors? Also, has anyone fitted the OBD with TPMS, which is provided as an accessory? If so, please post some pictures?
Thanks in advance.

They seem to be a bit hard, but they are extremely comfortable during long drives. I have done three trips with family or friends and they all find it very very comfortable for long drives. So I reckon they are good as it is

A new addition to our family - Arizona Blue Hexa XTA.

Initial feeling of driving around this hulk is amazing. Of course, by now everyone knows the strongest point of the Hexa is the ride and I'm not going to harp about it. Other good points are the quality of the cabin, space and the NVH. Our previous car was the XUV and the Hexa feels more premium. However, as a buyer, I do feel shortchanged that the Hexa at 22 Lacs on road does not come with a decently sized touch screen with it's standalone navigation, keyless entry and push button start and TPMS. The XUV W10 offers all this and more at the same price.

We'll surely be opting for the extended warranty program which will cover the car for 5 years. We are also considering the AMC package after evaluating the benefits for our usage.

I'll primarily be in Dubai and this vehicle will be used by my family here and hence I'm not planning a separate ownership thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 4196170)

Hearty congratulations. Did you consider any other colour? Arizona Blue, without question, is the most popular colour. If you had to go for another colour, which one would you prefer? Reason I'm asking is I want to go for a different colour. I have been able to see only the pearl white apart from the blue in real life, so can't say about the other colours.
Wish your family happy motoring.:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by su_spatil (Post 4196196)
Hearty congratulations. Did you consider any other colour? Arizona Blue, without question, is the most popular colour. If you had to go for another colour, which one would you prefer? Reason I'm asking is I want to go for a different colour. I have been able to see only the pearl white apart from the blue in real life, so can't say about the other colours.

Why not consider tungsten silver? The lighter colour contrasts the smoked headlamps, cladding and alloys. Main reason why i chose it.
However, as you said, Hexa does look swell in blue!

Quote:

...I have been able to see only the pearl white apart from the blue in real life, so can't say about the other colours.

I am considering getting the Sky Grey. I saw this colour at the Concorde showroom in Andheri East and it looks really good. The black accents go very well with the grey colour and the chrome in the front and the back are highlighted well. I wouldn't mind an even darker shade of grey either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 4196170)

Your waiting time seems to be short, almost less than a week. How long was the booking to delivery wait time? Would love to know how, or have XTA delivery timings have been significantly come down so quickly?

I finally got my Hexa's alignment fixed today. Vehicle had been pulling left and the steering was also a bit off center.

Although I have gold AMC and I could have got this done for free at Tata, I took the vehicle to my trusted tire shop nearby. Mine was the first Hexa they were working upon and everyone there was a bit excited and curious. They hoisted the car up and the head mechanic himself got underneath to check out the mechanical bits. He said the suspension is basically identical to the Storme, which it is. I was expecting the vehicle to need 4 wheel alignment (multilink rear suspension) but he said that there was no possible way to make any adjustment to the rear suspension.

Since they didn't have the exact numbers for the Hexa, they set the alignment using the values for the Storme. What can I say, it worked out fine!

Other points of note:
Hexa's stock tire size is 235/55R19. They didn't have any other tire in this size. The closest available upgrade is 255/50R19 Michelin Latitude Sports 3. It is used in high end SUVs. Priced at Rs 19500/- apiece. :Frustrati

I now know how Lewis Hamilton feels when he has to conserve his tires.

Quote:

Arizona blue, as you said, is the most striking colour in the Hexa. But, without doubt, it will be a common colour.

The next best colour in my opinion is Tungsten silver. But that is the second most popular colour and even that'll be common soon.

Because of this reason, I'll choose Sky Grey as it looks classy and is not a common choice, so the car will stand out. I'll avoid the normal silver as the car looks bland.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayans80 (Post 4196275)
Your waiting time seems to be short, almost less than a week. How long was the booking to delivery wait time? Would love to know how, or have XTA delivery timings have been significantly come down so quickly?

Car was booked on 2nd May. It was not in stock with Concorde but was ordered on the same day. Full payment made on 6th and the car reached their stockyard the same day, was delivered on 9th. Pretty quick I must say.

Overdrive has come out with a review of Hexa automatic in city. The lady reviewer appreciates the gearbox for masking the turbo lag and absence of heavy clutch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsSShNLL6d4

I have purchased 3D mats from Amazon, link is a below if anybody is interested -

http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B06WLN6...BKL&ref=plSrch

Fit & quality is fine (except the boot mat which is a little larger than required) and looks much better than the mats provided by Tata which costs 3k.

Can someone please give some feedback on the headlights? Are both high and low beams good enough or do we need to change bulbs. Thanks.