Team-BHP - Tata Hexa : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Hexa : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/181903-tata-hexa-official-review-131.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mostlynerd (Post 4194645)

I can make up my mind finally if I can be clear on the AMC and extended warranty and the typical maintenance costs expected.

Same here. I was confused with respect to the AMC and just ignored it while purchasing. The SA said we can buy an AMC package after purchase, within one year.
It would be great if someone helps clarify!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mostlynerd (Post 4194645)
...........I am trying to decide on whether I need to take up the AMC. The 2 year AMC will cost 24067. The questions I have is, what would be the typical cost I would incur per service and would the AMC would be less expensive than paying for the consumables at each service. ...........

The second question I have is on the extended warranty. Is this something that will be of use? Also, the extended warranty is mandatory to have if an AMC is taken as per Concorde.

I can make up my mind finally if I can be clear on the AMC and extended warranty and the typical maintenance costs expected.

To have a peace of mind for the next 2 years atleast, I'd really suggest you to go for the extended warranty and the AMC. It's a Tata, I bet you can't find a single person who wouldn't suggest you to get the extended warranty. Coming to the AMC, why take chances, its hardly a matter of 5k tops

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi7013 (Post 4194698)
It would be great if someone helps clarify!

I have been using AMC with my Nano for the past 4 years and, assuming policies are the same, here is my experience.

AMC can be bought before the 1 year service, if you register the AMC before the car is taken in for service (which is what I did as suggested by service advisor). That is the time when it is really useful. Gold AMC is the most useful one and covers most of the issues one would like to be covered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by namanchaudhary (Post 4194713)
To have a peace of mind for the next 2 years atleast, I'd really suggest you to go for the extended warranty and the AMC. It's a Tata, I bet you can't find a single person who wouldn't suggest you to get the extended warranty. Coming to the AMC, why take chances, its hardly a matter of 5k tops

5k? Am sorry but the packages vary from 26k to 50k for just 2 years as i was told.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi7013 (Post 4194823)
5k? Am sorry but the packages vary from 26k to 50k for just 2 years as i was told.

Yes. The 2 year AMC is for 40000 km and will cost an additional 24000 and on top of that the extended warranty will also have to be taken for 15000. So that's an additional 39000. If nothing goes wrong with the vehicle this is what will make the consumables free for the 3 free services. Else there might be a charge of about 10000 per service for the consumables.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mostlynerd (Post 4194920)
Yes. The 2 year AMC is for 40000 km and will cost an additional 24000 and on top of that the extended warranty will also have to be taken for 15000. So that's an additional 39000. If nothing goes wrong with the vehicle this is what will make the consumables free for the 3 free services. Else there might be a charge of about 10000 per service for the consumables.

For my TATA ARIA Pure LX Refresh ( 150PS, 320 nm)with service interval of 15K, I had paid 3600, 5250 & 8344 for three services at 15,30 & 45K in three years. 45K service is a paid service.
For Hexa it is 10K service intervals.

Just go through the customer service manual and see what all the consumables needed to be replaced at each service. That should give an idea.

For other things, warranty is there for 1 lakh km or 3 years. Regular Silver AMC covers only consumables

AMC packages wouldn't be of much help to someone like me who doesn't have a huge mileage annually. My 8 year old Tavera has only run 90k kms. So I would probably have the same mileage as of the Tavera as I'm booking the hexa next week. Opinions of other bhpians on this aspect is welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikvkv (Post 4195083)
AMC packages wouldn't be of much help to someone like me who doesn't have a huge mileage annually. My 8 year old Tavera has only run 90k kms. So I would probably have the same mileage as of the Tavera as I'm booking the hexa next week. Opinions of other bhpians on this aspect is welcome.

This was my analysis as well. My running is not expected to be more than 1000km per month. This is what it is now and only expected to reduce as I am switching to a job in which I will be outstation a lot. I will have less of an everyday commute to look forward to. I felt that I would not be able to take the benefit of paying these 39K upfront.

Having said that, I think for people whose running is similar may find better value in just taking the extended warranty.

Gold AMC also covers unexpected issues like clutch, brake pad, brake liner, suspension, belts, wiper, wheel Alignment, wheel Balancing and other wear & tear items which will not be covered by warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by su_spatil (Post 4195109)
Gold AMC also covers unexpected issues like clutch, brake pad, brake liner, suspension, belts, wiper, wheel Alignment, wheel Balancing and other wear & tear items which will not be covered by warranty.

Clutch: What are chances of clutch going with in 20k-40K
Suspension: Again what are the chances of shock absorbers going with in 20K or even 40K?
Same with brake pads

What was the personal experience with you earlier vehicle with regard to these parts.

I have simple gone by my own experience with Indica Vista, which was sold at 92K mileage after 5 years and 8 months.
Brake pads changed @ 54K
Clutch @ 84K
Clutch MC @ 84K
Shock absorbers @ 75K
Suspension tie rod @ 90K

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkg (Post 4195132)
Clutch: What are chances of clutch going with in 20k-40K
Suspension: Again what are the chances of shock absorbers going with in 20K or even 40K?
Same with brake pads

What was the personal experience with you earlier vehicle with regard to these parts.

I have simple gone by my own experience with Indica Vista, which was sold at 92K mileage after 5 years and 8 months.
Brake pads changed @ 54K
Clutch @ 84K
Clutch MC @ 84K
Shock absorbers @ 75K
Suspension tie rod @ 90K

I fully agree with you. Even my Palio had changes at around the same kilometres as yours. I had them changed in the third year. But my running was around 2000-3000 kms a month in the first year & a half and dropped to 1000km a month in the last year. However, the Hexa is very much heavier as compared to our hatchbacks. I feel wear & tear will be more and changes will be required at lesser distances. Even if we assume that the Hexa demands changes at similar milestones, AMC also considers time factor. Those who achieve these milestones within a couple of years will still be benefited.

Quote:

Originally Posted by su_spatil (Post 4195146)
However, the Hexa is very much heavier as compared to our hatchbacks. I feel wear & tear will be more and changes will be required at lesser distances.

True. As per my experience with my Safari Dicor one should take the AMC package if running is high 140k on ODO now on my car.

In 1,2,3,4 year my running was highest approx 130k done in 4 years.
Clutch 1 - 50k
Suspension 1 - 60k
Tyres 1 - 70k
Clutch 2 - 95k
Timing belt - 100k
Suspension 2 - 120k
Tyres 2 - 130k
Brakes - Don't remember

In 5,6 year I hardly covered 10k in 2 years, working from home most of the time.
Clutch 3 - 138k

Regarding the warranty one should opt for the maximum provided as you never know when things fail specially the electrical parts. I once replaced my complete front wire harness under warranty. TASS told it cost around 20k.

The basic advantage of gold AMC is that it covers things like clutch, brakes, suspensions and belts, which are otherwise quite expensive to replace and are sure shot points where dealers rip off unsuspecting customers. At the same time, it is very rare that these parts give out in about 50k or so km.

Tata very smartly offers gold AMC package of either 60k km or of straightaway 100k km, both in 3 years. The price of the 100k km package is double that of the former. Now if you have the running, if you expect your vehicle to clock 75-80-90k km in 3 years, go for the 1L km gold AMC with your eyes closed. It is worth it. The 3year/60k km deal, it can be a hit or miss as the parts for which you are buying the AMC in the first place may not wear out that soon. I opted for the 100k km gold AMC based on this logic.

As for the lesser packages, I don't think AMC is of any benefit. Cost is pretty much the same as what you would pay for the normal services. So you might as well pay what you have to there and then. Why pay the same amount in advance?

On a related note, make sure you get maximum possible warranty coverage.

Has any one fitted the seat covers, provided as an accessory by Tata, in the XT/XTA? I think that the seats are a bit too firm and feel that cushioned seat covers are needed. Do they match the interiors? Also, has anyone fitted the OBD with TPMS, which is provided as an accessory? If so, please post some pictures?
Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by su_spatil (Post 4195274)
Has any one fitted the seat covers, provided as an accessory by Tata, in the XT/XTA? I think that the seats are a bit too firm and feel that cushioned seat covers are needed. Do they match the interiors? Also, has anyone fitted the OBD with TPMS, which is provided as an accessory? If so, please post some pictures?
Thanks in advance.

No seat covers are provided as accessories for the top trims. You do however have options for the XM/XE variants.