Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2017, 18:18   #1786
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
They cannot have 4 variants as Hexa has shortage of features like key less entry, sunroof, telescopic steering etc.

Why not? They can make the additions to XM as suggested by you and make a minor revision to the price.
The easiest for them would be to come out with a options pack. So one can choose alloys, auto climate control, may be keyless entry etc at a price point during booking.
apachelongbow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 11:25   #1787
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
The easiest for them would be to come out with a options pack.
Rightly said. I think the pricing (difference of about 2.5L between XM and XT 4X2) also suggests that there is some forethought of adding a XM(O) variant to the lineup. However, 3 months is too short a time frame to add an additional variant especially when there is an order backlog already! This should be done about 6-8 months after launch. This will also help to an extent to ensure the numbers are consistent and do not die down after the initial success.

My guess is marketing folks at Tata are gathering the facts and figures wrt. bookings, deliveries, cancellations (of pre-booking orders) and also demand for accessories such as alloys/ sunroof/ body kits to see what the majority of customers are looking for and as a result of that survey, they may choose what features to add in the additional (O) variant.
Old 5th April 2017, 16:00   #1788
BHPian

Can anyone post pictures of Hexa XE and XM variants? I am planning to buy a seven seater but evaluating XUV 500 W4/W6 trims with Scorpio S10 and Hexa XE/XM. Request if anyone can post both interior and exterior pics. TA!
Old 5th April 2017, 16:22   #1789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy View Post
Can anyone post pictures of Hexa XE and XM variants? I am planning to buy a seven seater but evaluating XUV 500 W4/W6 trims with Scorpio S10 and Hexa XE/XM. Request if anyone can post both interior and exterior pics. TA!
My advice would be to get in touch with a dealer. I am sure they will be able to help you. IMO, that's better than what you can infer from photos.
prakash_ajp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 23:21   #1790
BHPian

As per autopunditz, sales for the Hexa stand at a disappointing 940 units for March, 2017. To put it into perspective, Toyota moved 7252 copies of the Crysta and Mahindra 2633 of the XUV.. Dud alert?
Old 5th April 2017, 23:30   #1791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobydick1983 View Post
As per autopunditz, sales for the Hexa stand at a disappointing 940 units for March, 2017. To put it into perspective, Toyota moved 7252 copies of the Crysta and Mahindra 2633 of the XUV.. Dud alert?
Nope. Too early to call, and the vehicle has a "close to 8 week waiting period". If I had to guess, Tata Motors is playing it careful with the Hexa; with extensive QA/service backup. Another option could just be that the auto box continues to see greater than anticipated demand.
While the Innova Crysta is a juggernaut, the XUV actually saw a drop in sales of approximately 500 units YoY(from 3161 to 2663).

1. Source for waiting period

2. Source for auto box demand

Last edited by Amartya : 5th April 2017 at 23:35.
Old 6th April 2017, 00:38   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Nope. Too early to call, and the vehicle has a "close to 8 week waiting period". If I had to guess, Tata Motors is playing it careful with the Hexa; with extensive QA/service backup. Another option could just be that the auto box continues to see greater than anticipated demand.
While the Innova Crysta is a juggernaut, the XUV actually saw a drop in sales of approximately 500 units YoY(from 3161 to 2663).

1. Source for waiting period

2. Source for auto box demand
Hexa received 8000 in bookings and 4000 are delivered.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle9618046.ece
airbender is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 01:42   #1793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Hexa received 8000 in bookings and 4000 are delivered.
That sounds great and some decent numbers considering the brand image of Tata.

One of my friend booked Hexa after I told him about the wonderful experience I had last week with XTA. After test drive of Hexa he also found at to be better than mt. He fell in love instantly with the ride quality of Hexa.

He told the SA was happy as he already knew almost all features of AT + race car mode which I told him prior to his test drive.
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 07:46   #1794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobydick1983 View Post
If 4000 Hexas are delivered in 2.5 months, how can only 940 units be delivered in March? Very very difficult to believe. Is there a source?
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 08:13   #1795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
If 4000 Hexas are delivered in 2.5 months, how can only 940 units be delivered in March? Very very difficult to believe. Is there a source?
Possible. March 940. Feb some 1600 odd. Remaining in Jan. So total 4000. By the way, the number in autopundit is factory dispatch which is a manufacturing constraint. It means Tata has made only 941 units in march and sent outside factory gates.
Regarding innova i wonder how many are for taxi market and how many are the new version versus the old.
Old 6th April 2017, 09:51   #1796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Possible. March 940. Feb some 1600 odd. Remaining in Jan. So total 4000. By the way, the number in autopundit is factory dispatch which is a manufacturing constraint. It means Tata has made only 941 units in march and sent outside factory gates.
Regarding innova i wonder how many are for taxi market and how many are the new version versus the old.
That makes 1400 odd deliveries in just a week or two in january! As per my understanding, the first deliveries commenced almost in the last week of Jan. Even if you consider Jan 17, in roughly 10-12 days 1400 is a huge figure.
And since they say 4000 "deliveries", i don't think the media and TD cars maybe included (or are they!?).
Anyways, irrespective of the figures, looking at the waiting times, specially for XM and XE, you do get the feeling that production of variants was not planned properly.
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 11:03   #1797
Senior - BHPian

Finally went to Concord to check out the Hexa with a colleague of mine.
The car was impressive in most aspects IMO and the ride and handling was every bit as good as has been written and said everywhere.
We (along with the sales adviser who sat in front) drove for a short stretch on the highway and then, since I wanted to check it out on a bad stretch, turned off into one of the smaller roads - which (fortunately) had some bad potholes and a couple of speed breakers. The potholes were hardly noticeable and the speed breakers made just the smallest of impressions. What a lovely vehicle to take on long drives to off beat destinations!
It was the XTA variant and I must say that the shifts were smooth without any irritating shudders at slow speed changes.
Had to reverse in to a smallish lane to turn it around - found it very easy.
All too soon the drive was over.
The last row perfect folding (or the lack of it) while not a big deal breaker, is a minor irritant all the same.
Would I buy it if I were on the lookout? I might - but I would take a long and hard look at other options like the XUV.
If I view it as an election I feel -
the Innova will continue to keep its flock of committed users - based on brand/service/reliability - even at the much higher price premium.
The XUV has that SUV look (and all the features) to attract potential SUV buyers at that bracket.
The Hexa has its work cut out to attract the above as well as cross-shoppers - the potential Creta/Corolla/Duster buyers - and those sitting on the fence.
The most potent weapon in its armoury could have been shock pricing at the time of launch - given the baggage of the past, it might have made sense to shake it up.
They also could have gone the whole hog and given the XTA with the AWD with the missing features - and made an optional XTA+ at launch.

I would love to see it do well - but I guess only time would tell.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170406wa0000.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170406wa0001.jpg  

Last edited by wilful : 7th April 2017 at 11:06.
wilful is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 15:25   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
The Hexa has its work cut out to attract the above as well as cross-shoppers - the potential Creta/Corolla/Duster buyers - and those sitting on the fence.
The most potent weapon in its armoury could have been shock pricing at the time of launch - given the baggage of the past, it might have made sense to shake it up.
They also could have gone the whole hog and given the XTA with the AWD with the missing features - and made an optional XTA+ at launch.

I would love to see it do well - but I guess only time would tell.
Agree. Nothing works like word of mouth in India. They should have spent the marketing budget on pricing it low to pull a good number of owners. Then they could have gradually increased the prices. Maruti does it all the time. Mahindra did that for the XUV and Renault did it for Kwid.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 18:45   #1799
BHPian

Its been nearly 3 months to the launch of Hexa and I have just managed to see only one car on the roads. This is despite my daily run of 25 kms from Delhi to Noida and 700+ kms of highway travelling to Delhi-Chandigarh-Kasauli-Delhi last week.
Surely not a good sign!
Old 7th April 2017, 21:15   #1800
BHPian

The figure of 8000 bookings vs. 4000 delivered in about two and a half months does not seem like a big success. IMHO, TATA should have done more to make the product irresistible when compared to its nearest competitors - the Innova and the XUV. I think a couple of USP of Innova that folks tend to under estimate are the 3 seater reasonably spacious third row and the reasonably spacious boot. That is something that TATA should have aimed to achieve and it should have been achievable given the external dimensions of the car. The poor shift quality of the manual gearbox is yet another aspect that could have been easily fixed by TATA. The center console intruding in to the 2nd row middle passenger leg room also could have been easily avoided. These seemingly small things do count especially when you are the under dog and needless to say, they are of immense practical value. Hope TATA would not get stagnant and introduce a product refresh addressing these soon. Otherwise in my humble opinion, whatever modest numbers we see now will soon die down once the initial interest is over and it will be the Aria story all over again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks