Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2017, 09:49   #1591
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
A very good event organised by TATA in Bangalore. Very exciting to see so many Hexas in one place! Spoke to one of the TATA guys regarding deliveries. He said they unfortunately could not meet the demands in January and February, but the deliveries will increase in the month of March. So we'll have to wait and watch!
I have attached a few pictures but kindly excuse for the very poor quality!
It's very well organized welcoming party for first 50 owners in Bangalore and I guess it's going to happen even in other places, next could be in Chennai. Great chance to meet fellow owners (who are not part of any WhatsApp/TBHP) forum and understand their feedback and concerns. None of them reported new concerns other than what is reported in few posts back by RavenAvi and they had one or two concerns out of the list, few didn't have any. Few of them are owners of Benz/Audi and they praised for Hexa's ride.

Based on feedback from WhatsApp group members (new owners), they don't have any of the reported concerns hope it continues and TAMO keeps a check on QC throughout.

First we were welcomed with buffet (Veg & NonVeg) and finally given away with PVR Orion Mall Tickets for "Kong: Skull Island" Movie.

Event host(s)
Tata Hexa : Official Review-one.jpg

What few owners have to say in one word
Tata Hexa : Official Review-two.jpg

Part of the event we had one Mind reader performing and another Standup comedian (Ashwin Mathew) performing and few rounds of Fashion walk
Tata Hexa : Official Review-four.jpg

While we were entertained, Car's are getting decorated
Tata Hexa : Official Review-making.jpg

These one's are ready
Tata Hexa : Official Review-made.jpg

My MayurVhan
Tata Hexa : Official Review-five.jpg

Last edited by Black_Beast : 12th March 2017 at 09:52. Reason: Added few more text
Black_Beast is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 20:12   #1592
BHPian

Here's the link to the Ownership review. As i was adding contents for a period of two weeks, please excuse if you find them broken here and there!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184562
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 12:24   #1593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranupkumar View Post
I got my Hexa XT 4x4 Arizona Blue delivered yesterday from Concorde Motors Mysuru Road...
Do you happen to stay in Begur road by any chance?

Saw a blue HEXA parked in my apartment parking lot friday and saturday for sometime. Looks amazing in Blue and those 19 inchers add to the overall look. The presence is just majestic.
Old 13th March 2017, 17:11   #1594
BHPian

We finally got a chance to test drive the Hexa XTA 4x2 at K.H.T motors, Domlur. I must say, this car completely changes the face of Tata. Previously, whenever people think of Tata, all that their minds are filled with are negative remarks. But, Tata has taken the right step to get the people's trust.

What an SUV! We were really surprised at what Tata had to offer in the Hexa. The ride quality was observed to be better than that of the Innova Crysta. The sports mode on the AT was really awesome! One can feel the change in the response of the vehicle when engaged in sports mode. During the TD, all the people on the road were staring at this wonderful beast which we were driving. The NVH levels were much lesser than that of the Crysta. However, it might be so as the Hexa has a 2.2 litre engine and the Crysta has the 2.8 litre engine (AT). The SA claims that the Hexa and Tiago were designed by Jaguar. Now, I don't know if this is true or not nor do I really care about it. Overall, it's a really nice SUV offered by Tata. I would rate the overall experience as a 9.

The only place where I feel Tata has messed up is the price. Though it is cheaper than the Innova Crysta, 9 out of 10 people are bound to lean towards the Crysta than the Hexa because of the fact that it is a Toyota Product. I feel, Tata should have priced the Hexa below 20L OTR while launching it so that people can feel that it is a good price considering the fact that it's a Tata product. The XTA variant is 22L (approx) OTR in Bangalore. When people look at it, they will feel it is too much considering the fact that it is a Tata Product.

People with budgets of below 20L are most likely to lean towards the Hexa in if the price is below 20L. After a few months, when more and more Hexa's are bought, Tata should've increased the price just like what Toyota did for the Innova. In that case, people are more likely to buy the Hexa as they know that it is a really good product. An important thing I noticed is that the SA's were behaving to us as though the car is already a success. Some people might agree to this, but no car is successful unless it sells in really good numbers for a lot of months. I think Tata shouldn't rush in claiming that the Hexa is a success. It should wait for another 6 months before deciding on that. The Tiago is the most successful car Tata has produced. Reason? It sold in good numbers before and even now it does. When Tata bring in the AMT version, it is going to dominate the segment. The Tiago is reasonably priced as well! Tata should follow the same thing with the Hexa. IF they do the same thing with the Hexa, then in a few years, Tata will surely rise to the levels of Toyota and Honda.

Will I buy it? Well, after looking at the Hexa, I was left banging my head against the wall and thinking how couldn't I wait for the Hexa and bought the Innova Crysta before the Hexa was launched! (Exaggerated)

That tells you the answer.

Cheers,
Karthi.stark

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th March 2017 at 10:55. Reason: Adding paragraph spaces for readability!
karthi.stark is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 09:39   #1595
BHPian

Hi,

Can somebody explain with pictures how to engage the auto wipers in Hexa? Today it was raining on my way to work and tried every other position as mentioned in the manual and the wipers did not work automatically. I had to use it manually. Thanks in advance.
Old 14th March 2017, 09:51   #1596
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by power_slave77 View Post
Hi,

Can somebody explain with pictures how to engage the auto wipers in Hexa? Today it was raining on my way to work and tried every other position as mentioned in the manual and the wipers did not work automatically. I had to use it manually. Thanks in advance.
I believe you have to put the headlight in the auto mode to have this work. Though it sounds weird, it works that way in Linea.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 11:24   #1597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I believe you have to put the headlight in the auto mode to have this work. Though it sounds weird, it works that way in Linea.
There is no need of AutoHeadlamps enabled for Auto Wipers to work, both have independent sensor and functioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by power_slave77 View Post
Hi,

To engage "Auto Wipers", you have to push the left side stalk to "Auto" state and check for sensitivity level on rain to get it activated. You can rotate and check.

Last edited by Black_Beast : 14th March 2017 at 11:29. Reason: swapped reply for comments
Black_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 21:13   #1598
BHPian

Any mileage updates for XTA on highway and local runs from owners who have taken delivery. Booked the XTA today and waiting period is approximate 4 weeks in NCR.
Anuruddhs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 22:22   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuruddhs View Post
Any mileage updates for XTA on highway and local runs from owners who have taken delivery. Booked the XTA today and waiting period is approximate 4 weeks in NCR.
Nice to know about waiting period. So TATA is indeed not able to meet demand and so the February numbers reflect their issue with ramping up than less than expected demand.
Old 14th March 2017, 22:54   #1600
BHPian

Has anybody on this thread taken delivery of the XM variants - manual or auto?
If yes, how do the 16in tyres fare in comparison to the 19in ones, you would have TDed, with respect to the ride quality and handling.
Old 14th March 2017, 23:30   #1601
BHPian

Finally convinced my uncle to book the HEXA. He was already pushing his budget so settled for the base variant. Anything significant he will miss that's available in XM which warrants 1.8L premium?
Old 15th March 2017, 00:07   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Finally convinced my uncle to book the HEXA. He was already pushing his budget so settled for the base variant. Anything significant he will miss that's available in XM which warrants 1.8L premium?
Tata Hexa : Official Review-screen-shot-20170315-12.03.35-am.png

Main change is the engine specs and the superdrive modes (3 modes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
Has anybody on this thread taken delivery of the XM variants - manual or auto?
If yes, how do the 16in tyres fare in comparison to the 19in ones, you would have TDed, with respect to the ride quality and handling.
Can't comment about the ride quality, but saw a video with the interiors of XM if anyones wondering how it looks.

vigneshkumar31 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 07:46   #1603
BANNED

Quote:
Finally convinced my uncle to book the HEXA. He was already pushing his budget so settled for the base variant.
AFAIK the XE variant of Hexa is available only in white. Though I have not heard this from any dealer, the 'Book Online' link in the official website does not allow to pick any other color except pearl white for the XE trim. You may want to double check this with your dealer. Here is the link from the official website.

https://bookonline.tatamotors.com/bo...exa?ref=hexaLP

The Varicor320 with the 5 speed gearbox is more than sufficient for city and relaxed highway runs (there are many Aria refresh owners who can confirm this) and for someone on a budget I think XE makes lot more sense especially given the fact that there has been not much of a compromise on the basic safety aspect - ABS+EBD and twin Airbags.
Old 15th March 2017, 08:06   #1604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Using the details shared by Vignesh here, the two things I will miss there the most is the rear wash-wipe and rear de-fogger. These should have been made standard feature. These are important functional features and not comfort / aesthetics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
The Varicor320 with the 5 speed gearbox is more than sufficient for city and relaxed highway runs (there are many Aria refresh owners who can confirm this)
Even with the Storme, the 320Nm version feels much better. When on the highway, I do miss the 6th gear on my Storme, but after having tried the refresh version, I am not complaining about those extra horses & torque. For most part, the refresh version with 400Nm / 6 gears looks only numbers.

Last edited by condor : 15th March 2017 at 08:10.
Old 15th March 2017, 09:06   #1605
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Even with the Storme, the 320Nm version feels much better. When on the highway, I do miss the 6th gear on my Storme, but after having tried the refresh version, I am not complaining about those extra horses & torque. For most part, the refresh version with 400Nm / 6 gears looks only numbers.
Yes, I was particularly disappointed when one of the Hexa owners reported that 100 km/h in 6th gear corresponds to ~2000 rpm. Compare that to my Aria with the 320Nm 5 speed combo the tacho reads approximately 2050 rpm.

I understand that a 6 speed gearbox gives better spacing of gear ratios compared to the 5 speed one but at the same time the 6th gear ratio should have been such that 100 km/h should have been achieved at ~1800 rpm. Peak torque of 400Nm in the Varicor400 is between 1750-2500 rpm so expecting 100 km/h at 1800rpm is not unrealistic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks