Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2021, 16:32   #301
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elantra : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Just came across this Auto Defogging feature of Elantra. I am someone who is usually fed up of the Fog in rainy conditions and would love it if it automatically clears it as Hyundai Website suggests.

Few doubts-

1) Did the previous gen (i.e. 2016-2019) Elantra have it as well?

2) Does it really work, or is just some gimmick?
It is there on my 2017 Elantra SX(O). It is an interesting feature to have which actually works. But the problem is that it automatically switches on fresh air mode which brings outside smoke and pollution into the cabin without any warning! It also changes the a/c temperature on its own to assist in defogging. One can disable this feature if not needed.
siddd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 17:40   #302

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddd View Post
Even I have been planning some mods like these on my Elantra. Where did you buy the bulbs and horn from? Any links would be of help. Also, how did you adjust the fog lights? Are they plug and play or is some modification needed?
Hi siddd, these are the links from where i bought the stuffs .
1. Horns were bought from boodmo
High pitch: https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-horn...itch-33582046/
Low pitch: https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-horn...itch-33582044/
2. Fog lamp: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08YN7HZR1/...52HV69NVTJKAT6
These are not extremely bright, you can choose for a higher wattage if needed. These are only 25w each. Original setup is 50+50W. These bulbs are just plug and play. No hanging driver also. Driver is integrated in the cooling system block, and its fanless also.
3. Reverse lamp: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08LBWWSC6?...p_mob_ap_share
These are very bright. After fitting night camera became very clear. Looks like of good quality.
4. Cabin light: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B081J5FHLQ?...p_mob_ap_share
These are brighter than osram. 1.2W bulbs.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07DWVL8Z7/...WD3MR4A4GPF5WZ
These are for remaining cabin lights.
6. Number plate light: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08GFPNC8Q?...p_mob_ap_share
Hope this helps.

For adjusting level of fog lamp: use a flat head screw driver. you will find a small hole near the foglamp projector, there will be screw inside, rotate it clockwise for raising the beam.
Old 9th July 2021, 12:57   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith08 View Post
Hi siddd, these are the links from where i bought the stuffs .
1. Horns were bought from boodmo

6. Number plate light: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08GFPNC8Q?...p_mob_ap_share
Hope this helps.

For adjusting level of fog lamp: use a flat head screw driver. you will find a small hole near the foglamp projector, there will be screw inside, rotate it clockwise for raising the beam.
Thanks a lot for your prompt reply along with the useful comments. Some of the bulbs which I had short listed are the same as yours. Did the bumper/plastic piece below the bumper need to be disassembled for the fog lamp bulb replacement?

Always wondered what the hole near the fog lamp was for...now I know! Thanks once again.

Last edited by Sheel : 10th July 2021 at 15:59. Reason: Please trim a lengthy post when quoted & replied to. Thanks.
Old 9th July 2021, 13:09   #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddd View Post
Did the bumper/plastic piece below the bumper need to be disassembled for the fog lamp bulb replacement.
Hi, i dismantled the bumper and changed. I think that will be the best option to. For removal there is only two screws, rest all are push rivet clips. After removing all just pull out from the place. There are some youtube videos showing the same.
Old 10th July 2021, 14:47   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith08 View Post
Hi, i dismantled the bumper and changed. I think that will be the best option to. For removal there is only two screws, rest all are push rivet clips. After removing all just pull out from the place. There are some Youtube videos showing the same.
Thanks for your feedback. Will search on youtube.

From the inspiration gathered from you, I changed the interior bulbs to LED today. Some before and after shots are below:

Dome light (Before):
Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-img_20210710_115433.jpg

Dome light (After):
Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-img_20210710_133755.jpg

Reading lights (Left=After and Right=Before):
Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-img_20210710_113613.jpg

The difference is absolutely apparent. Let's hope that these LEDs last.

More mods will be done in due course!
siddd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 22:24   #306
BHPian

Looks like Hyundai has stopped production of the Diesel Automatic varient of the Elantra. Not available in dealerships in Maharashtra atleast.

Has anyone heard anything on this front?
Old 25th July 2021, 21:01   #307
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I am curious about following things. Please assist-

1) What is the maintenance required for Ventilated seats ? Is it like regular AC servicing or some major maintenance required?
2) Does turning on Ventilated seats affect fuel efficiency of car?
3) Can we expect these to perform with same effectiveness 3-4 years down the lane ?
Old 25th July 2021, 23:03   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I am curious about following things. Please assist-

1) What is the maintenance required for Ventilated seats ? Is it like regular AC servicing or some major maintenance required?
2) Does turning on Ventilated seats affect the fuel efficiency of car?
3) Can we expect these to perform with same effectiveness 3-4 years down the lane ?
I own an Elantra 1.8SX since 2013 and I can confidently say that ventilated seats are my favourite and most used feature in my car. My car has completed 82,000 km, is my only car, and has always been serviced at a Hyundai dealership. My car is equipped with front-seat ventilation. Some of my answers to your question:

1) Ventilated Seats require no special/extra maintenanace. Just make sure that your car is sent for servicing at the required intervals as mentioned by Hyundai.
Though, I specifically mention the service centers and car wash centers to not use any kind of cleaning agent or wax on my car's front seats. It is because I fear that the seat pores through which the cool air blows might get blocked or clogged

2) No. Ventilated Seats do not affect fuel efficiency. Plus seat ventilation can also be used without switching on the air-con. In this case, the fan system only blows the surrounding air at ambient temperature. Think of it as 'fan' mode in regular air-con systems

3) I have had no issues with the Ventilated Seats in my 8-year long ownership of Elantra. I use this feature at its highest setting on every trip, the length of the trip notwithstanding. I haven't noticed any reduction in the effectiveness of this feature. It's working as perfectly as it was on Day 1. The only month I don't use this feature is in January.

Last edited by AMG1 : 25th July 2021 at 23:06.
AMG1 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 13:17   #309
BHPian

I just happened to note a peculiar but a significant point regarding price of the diesel Elantra. Elantra has the same set of diesel and petrol engines as the Alcazar. In Alcazar, the equivalent diesel model is priced almost same as the petrol model. Whereas in Elantra, the equivalent diesel model is costlier than the petrol model by almost one lakh rupees. It's completely illogical to ask for a premium for the puny 1.5 L diesel engine in the Elantra.
axe_deo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 15:57   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by axe_deo View Post
I just happened to note a peculiar but a significant point regarding price of the diesel Elantra... It's completely illogical to ask for a premium for the puny 1.5 L diesel engine in the Elantra.
Yes that's true and its perhaps one of the reasons why demand for Elantra has crashed to double digit monthly numbers for quite a while now, IIRC. The end result is the low market demand, which is the corrective force that is being applied back on Hyundai!
Rigid Rotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 08:21   #311
BHPian

Anyone aware as to when the 2021 or 22 Elantra model is coming to India?

I hope they get the N-line Elantra for Indian enthusiasts soon.

Last edited by Manojah : 22nd August 2021 at 08:45.
Old 14th September 2021, 09:14   #312

Dear BHPians, I need your help in determining the right price for an used 2017 Elantra in Bangalore. This car is sparingly used with just 10k on the odo and is the top-end Diesel AT 1.6 SX(o) variant. I still need to have the condition of the car checked, but assuming everything is good, what is the price I can offer for this car? Please do suggest.
Old 1st January 2022, 09:22   #313
BHPian

Did a Goa trip recently. Quick snippet on Shell vs. HP Power - I drive an Elantra Petrol automatic, and clearly the engine response to Shell was far superior than to HP. Got a better mileage as well in Shell (about 10% more than HP). Interesting part is that you see (in general at various Shell fuel pumps) Uber and Ola taxis filling up fuel, along with transport vehicles. Something must be helping them - long term engine protection and therefore overall cost.
vinodrkn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 11:17   #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodrkn View Post
I drive an Elantra Petrol automatic, and clearly the engine response to Shell was far superior than to HP. Got a better mileage as well in Shell (about 10% more than HP).
Hi @vinodrkn, what is the average City and Highway mileage you are getting for your car?
Old 2nd January 2022, 11:55   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerK View Post
Hi @vinodrkn, what is the average City and Highway mileage you are getting for your car?
In the city traffic I get an average of 9 kmpl. Please note that this can come down to 6 kmpl when it is a bad traffic day.

On highways it has been an average of 13.5 kmpl with a 60-40 mix of plains-hills driving.

I follow the tank top-up model where I’ve been manually calculating the mileage figures that the car gives. The display invariably quotes about 12% higher average mileage than what it actually is.

I also drive predominantly in the Normal model since the Eco mode hardly creates a difference in the mileage. I assume one would use it for traffic jams, where you don’t want the consumption to dip down.

Needless to say, the Sports mode is a fuel guzzler. And I really don’t need that kind of driving on our highways. I’d prefer linear acceleration to reach high speeds. The Normal mode by the way, has been good enough for me even for the last minute split second highway overtakes.
vinodrkn is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks