Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2017, 23:11   #136
BANNED

Re: Hyundai Elantra : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by em17 View Post
An SX(O) Petrol AT is available for TD at Himgiri (Golf Course Road) as well as Orion Hyundai(Time Tower, MG Road) Gurgaon dealerships.

Just scheduled one for tomorrow. Exactly in the same fix. Octavia vs Elantra. Price difference being over 5Lac here in Gurgaon.
Thanks a lot for the heads-up, will take a trip to Gurgaon once the Court holidays begin. Meanwhile, a Dealer has called and informed of one being available in West Delhi.

How was your TD? What are your views for the two?

P.S. Saw 3 Elantras in the past week. Has to be the Blue, the rest I can mistake for the Verna, easily.
Old 11th December 2017, 02:19   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakmehrotra View Post
Thanks a lot for the heads-up, will take a trip to Gurgaon once the Court holidays begin. Meanwhile, a Dealer has called and informed of one being available in West Delhi.

How was your TD? What are your views for the two?

P.S. Saw 3 Elantras in the past week. Has to be the Blue, the rest I can mistake for the Verna, easily.
The TD went pretty good and satisfactory, ended up booking and buying one. Petrol vs Diesel being a tuff call. Happily saved a fortune; got a diesel sx(O) AT at a brilliant discount; over an available/not available(non existent) Octavia, that I'd booked earlier.
Awaiting delivery soon. Ownership review to follow.

Pretty much know what colours\models which dealer holds and the current available offers/discounts(Year End/Stock Clearance). PM me incase you're up for a purchase anytime soon.
em17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 16:38   #138
BHPian

Though am not a big fan of Hyundai, I took 2 TD of the Diesel AT. Liked it a lot although the current car I have is Honda City 3rd Gen Petrol .
My daily run in has increased a lot ( ~ 50kM every day ) and hence thinking of Diesel at the same would be good to have a upgrade on my existing car.
Am a sedate driver, don't drive quick on highways either. I just shiver to think of Skoda AT, might be a good car but the headache to deal on the ASS is too much of a risk.

The best deal so far I have got is 1Lakh ( incl of current car exchange bonus + 4th year warranty free ). Anybody reckon there is chance of a better deal than this please ?

If I buy, it will be Phantom Black, yes I know, maintaining would be a pain, but if maintained well it would look smashing .

From the front, the new verna and elantra look the same !!

On the other hand I wonder, in 5-8 yrs time, electric cars might be gaining mainstream and this car would have zero resale value
redballons is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 17:50   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redballons View Post

The best deal so far I have got is 1Lakh ( incl of current car exchange bonus + 4th year warranty free ). Anybody reckon there is chance of a better deal than this please ?
1 lac is on the lesser side IMHO. I remember seeing posts where people have mentioned an exchange bonus of 70k or so plus discount to the tune of 80-90k. Considering that you are also getting 4th year warranty, 1.60 to 1.80 lacs of discount would be a good deal.
mudhasir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 12:28   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
1 lac is on the lesser side IMHO. I remember seeing posts where people have mentioned an exchange bonus of 70k or so plus discount to the tune of 80-90k. Considering that you are also getting 4th year warranty, 1.60 to 1.80 lacs of discount would be a good deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redballons View Post
Though am not a big fan of Hyundai, I took 2 TD of the Diesel AT. Liked it a lot although the current car I have is Honda City 3rd Gen Petrol .
My daily run in has increased a lot ( ~ 50kM every day ) and hence thinking of Diesel at the same would be good to have a upgrade on my existing car.
Am a sedate driver, don't drive quick on highways either. I just shiver to think of Skoda AT, might be a good car but the headache to deal on the ASS is too much of a risk.

If I buy, it will be Phantom Black, yes I know, maintaining would be a pain, but if maintained well it would look smashing .

From the front, the new verna and elantra look the same !!

On the other hand I wonder, in 5-8 yrs time, electric cars might be gaining mainstream and this car would have zero resale value
Was exactly in the same Fix, Diesel vs Petrol, but having a running of about 12-15k Kms Annually, bought the Diesel AT.

Got an exchange bonus of 70k plus 80k discount plus 4th Year warranty.
Booked and dealt with Skoda before going towards the Elantra. Happy eventually, Skoda did a goof up\wasn't happy delivering a car to me, that I moved back to the Elantra. Have a pocket full saved ;on hand and long term; I guess.
Skoda has brilliant cars but reckless dealers(atleast here in NCR), really don't understand why.
em17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 12:57   #141
BHPian

And it's here.
Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20171213-11.36.16-pm.jpeg
em17 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 17:42   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by em17 View Post
And it's here.
Attachment 1705972
Congrats mate !, I took the TD of Petrol AT yesterday, but came out of the car unhappy to be honest. All revs and not much movement of the car in sport mode, there is a little big of lag before it starts accelerating and it tends to hold the gear for eternity before moving a gear up or down. But once it gets going, its good to drive. Lack of paddle shifters means comes out very evident.

Diesel AT is far better than Petrol AT IMHO for this car, good choice, enjoy the miles
Old 3rd March 2018, 23:46   #143
BHPian

What kind of mileage can one expect from the Petrol AT? Would be helpful if the owners can pitch in with their experience.
Old 4th March 2018, 09:24   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
What kind of mileage can one expect from the Petrol AT? Would be helpful if the owners can pitch in with their experience.
My ex-manager has petrol AT top end and he kept complaining that he is bleeding in petrol bills. His mileage was ~7kmpl in notorious Bengaluru traffic.
daretodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 10:13   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
7 months and ~7k kms under the belt; 80% delhi traffic, 20% highways; overall FE by MID 10. Bumper to bumper driving falls to ~8. Sedate city drives ~9.
P.S: Driving style is a bit sedate
docprashant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 19:39   #146
BHPian

Considering buying pre-owned Elantra. Is the car maintenance frugal i.e. not very demanding in maintenance outlays subject to timely adherence to recommended service schedule ?
Old 17th April 2018, 14:48   #147
BHPian

I got my new Elantra. Enjoying the ride. So far city average is 9 to 10 km per liter, which I think is okay for such big car. However, i must say that to my surprise, when I took it to ORR, and had a full circle, close to 150 km, it said over 15 km per liter - I am like literally shocked

I think, it also depends upon how sedate we drive the machine...

Last edited by Keralite : 17th April 2018 at 14:55.
Keralite is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2018, 18:16   #148
BHPian

Can someone help me on what kind of offers I can expect from the dealership on buying a Elantra SX(O) AT Petrol.
Old 21st April 2018, 20:50   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Can someone help me on what kind of offers I can expect from the dealership on buying a Elantra SX(O) AT Petrol.

Are you in Bangalore? There are no deals on the Elantra at the moment. I know the Advaith guys well. PM me your number. I will try and get something out of them for you.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 15:19   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Are you in Bangalore? There are no deals on the Elantra at the moment. I know the Advaith guys well. PM me your number. I will try and get something out of them for you.
Thank you. PM'd you.

Most Viewed