Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2018, 18:03   #391
BHPian

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review

If they are getting the automatic in, hope its the new Isuzu D-Max LS 1.9L RZ4E version with 148 bhp of power and 350 Nm of torque, which is replacing the 2.5L globally.
Old 19th September 2018, 18:13   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
A new showroom coming up in Pune on Senapati bapat road and next to Shaw Toyota. Looks like it will be operational in a couple of weeks time.

Good strategy to be present next to Toyota.
If you look closely, it is replacing a ford showroom. You can see the logo lying on the floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
There is a Jeep showroom next to it too.
Jeep is in a different building to where Toyota and now Isuzu would be
Old 5th October 2018, 19:19   #393
BHPian

Autobot alert

Mechanically, the facelifted D-Max could get a 1.9-litre VGS turbocharged diesel engine churning out 150 hp and 350 Nm of torque. The engine could be mated to either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic gearbox.

Source
Old 6th October 2018, 00:19   #394
BHPian

There is no replacement for displacement.
These 2.0 l diesel engines look good in sedans and crossovers, not in heavy duty pickup trucks which work in scenarios where low end torque is everything.

Despite having lower power and torque figures, the 2.5 l will always exceed the 1.9 l's performance in real life.

If mounting bigger turbos in smaller diesels solves the problem then toyota could have sold the old innvova with a fiat 1.3 multijet which had similar power and torque figures as compared to innova's 2.5.
Rshrey22 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 19:25   #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
Autobot alert

Mechanically, the facelifted D-Max could get a 1.9-litre VGS turbocharged diesel engine churning out 150 hp and 350 Nm of torque. The engine could be mated to either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic gearbox.

Source
* Do you have any idea when Automatic version will be launched in India, I tried to call & send emails to Isuzu Customer Service, but no response.
* Anybody tried to fit HHO generator? I am getting reviews that it will improve the Gas mileage by 20% atleast... Any idea on it?
Old 2nd December 2018, 16:22   #396
R_R
BHPian

Apologies if this has been posted before, but this is a pretty incredible video of a V-Cross doing some incredible stuff! I have to say I am pretty impressed with its capabilities, especially considering that the fellas doing it don't seem to hardcore off-road types (correct me if I am wrong!).

(If you understand Tamil, it's pretty funny too!).

R_R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 21:09   #397
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
I have to say I am pretty impressed with its capabilities, especially considering that the fellas doing it don't seem to hardcore off-road types (correct me if I am wrong!).
The V Cross is a medium sized offroad truck (has 4 L and is a BoF) and is also a very capable vehicle, as demonstrated in this video too.

The 1 thing that don't like in this specific vehicle is that canopy on the rear load bed, while it increases utility, it takes away from the looks significantly.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 16:50   #398
BHPian

Isuzu is hiking prices starting Jan 1, 2019.

Source.
Old 13th December 2018, 23:43   #399
BHPian

Have booked this monster and expecting the delivery by this month end. Have added the accessories like Carryboy Cover, Everest front bumper etc. Thinking of replacing the stock tyres (MRF ZVRL) with Yokohama Geolander and keeping the stock size. Can any one suggest any tyre dealer in Mumbai who will exchange the stock tyres with the Geolander.

Also need suggestion on what all to be checked during the delivery. I am surprised that there is no difference in on road price for Vasai - Virar with Mumbai. JMD says that the price are same for Mumbai and suburbs. Normally there is a difference in on road price which I have experienced during my purchase of Ecosport also.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Subrata
Max63 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 07:45   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max63 View Post
Have booked this monster and expecting the delivery by this month end. Have added the accessories like Carryboy Cover, Everest front bumper etc. Thinking of replacing the stock tyres (MRF ZVRL) with Yokohama Geolander and keeping the stock size. Can any one suggest any tyre dealer in Mumbai who will exchange the stock tyres with the Geolander.

Also need suggestion on what all to be checked during the delivery. I am surprised that there is no difference in on road price for Vasai - Virar with Mumbai. JMD says that the price are same for Mumbai and suburbs. Normally there is a difference in on road price which I have experienced during my purchase of Ecosport also.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Subrata

Congratulations on your purchase. JMD will exchange the tires for you or else drive straight to a tire dealer. People have had issues with Geo's like side wall cuts so take a second opinion on the brand. I am on my stock MRFs at 32000 kms and going strong.

Regarding price difference, post GST the Octroi in mumbai is abolished so there wont be any price difference which was usually around 5 % before.

Enjoy the new ride and ask your sales executive to add you to Mumbai Vcross group.
tazmaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 21:51   #401
BHPian

Thanks taazman for your revert on the tires exchange and your in put on the price difference. Currently I am using Yok's on my Ecosport and very satisfied, faced no problem at all in my recent leh - Ladakh trip. Faced the brunt of complete off roading in the Zanskar Valley. Definitely will check on the Geo's performance.

Surely will ask to add on the Mumbai Vcross group.
Old 18th December 2018, 00:12   #402
Senior - BHPian

Came across the new V-Cross testing on the Bangalore - Pune highway a couple of weeks back. What are the changes coming with this facelift? I see bigger tyres and new alloys and the new face of course.

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20181218000420.jpg

fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 19:47   #403
BHPian

While this might be a bit slow review, but I feel it covers a lot of details that a review should cover.

sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2018, 10:44   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
While this might be a bit slow review, but I feel it covers a lot of details that a review should cover.
Pakistan sells six variants of the V-Cross and India sells only one?

Cheers

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th February 2019 at 22:02. Reason: Removing youtube URL from quoted post (repetition).
Old 30th December 2018, 11:14   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Pakistan sells six variants of the V-Cross and India sells only one?

Cheers
In India, Isuzu sells 2 variants of V Cross although earlier they sold only one
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20181230111334.png  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks