Team-BHP - Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/177320-toyota-innova-crysta-official-review-74.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ansumaan (Post 4319045)
Anyone has any further update on the December discount on Innova Crysta 2.8 Z ?
I spoke to a dealer in Bangalore, he says that the discount is 100K considering the price hike next year (70 K price hike + 30K cash discount). In November same dealer offered me only 15 K Corporate Discount.

I am offered 30k discount plus 10k accessories on Innova Crysta Z 2.4, slated to be delivered on Monday. Its the top end, I reckon mats and side steps are the only ones looking after?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubermensch (Post 4319314)
I am offered 30k discount plus 10k accessories on Innova Crysta Z 2.4, slated to be delivered on Monday. Its the top end, I reckon mats and side steps are the only ones looking after?

Does TKM provide side steps as an official accesory or did I read the accessory list wrong?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubermensch (Post 4319314)

I took the following on 2.4 Z (some free, some paid) :
1. Side Steps
2. Mud Flaps
3. 3D Floor Mats & Plain Mat for boot (need to check what's in the 3rd row)
4. Rear Bumper Grill (already recovered the cost in a rear ending)
5. Illuminated Door Sills (just lovin' it)
6. Seat Belt Cushioning Pads (nice)
7. Honeywell Car Charger (real powerful it is)
8. And some more stuff like idol, perfume, key chains, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyd_traveller (Post 4319462)
1. Side Steps

How useful is it? Could you please post more details on the brand, model and real photos?

Quote:

How much does it cost and how did you recover the cost? If it was a bumper damage instead, it would have been covered in bumper to bumper insurance instead, right?

Quote:

Could you please share the model number? I always use the Motorola turbo charger with 2 outputs. Never found something better than this still.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AShubrah (Post 4319339)
Does TKM provide side steps as an official accesory or did I read the accessory list wrong?

It seems the Side steps are part of official accessories. Visited a dealer today & saw couple of cars with Toyota branded side steps . The Dealer confirmed that its fitted by them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AShubrah (Post 4319339)

It does!

Quote:

I took the following on 2.4 Z (some free, some paid) :
1. Side Steps
2. Mud Flaps
3. 3D Floor Mats & Plain Mat for boot (need to check what's in the 3rd row)
5. Illuminated Door Sills (just lovin' it)
6. Seat Belt Cushioning Pads (nice)
8. And some more stuff like idol, perfume, key chains, etc.

What did you end up paying, if you don't mind sharing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amalji (Post 4319565)

How much does it cost and how did you recover the cost? If it was a bumper damage instead, it would have been covered in bumper to bumper insurance instead, right?

Price list of accessories here. They might be offering 5-10 % discount .

http://www.nanditoyota.com/accessories-price.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by ansumaan (Post 4319707)
It seems the Side steps are part of official accessories. Visited a dealer today & saw couple of cars with Toyota branded side steps . The Dealer confirmed that its fitted by them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubermensch (Post 4320004)
It does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ansumaan (Post 4320402)

As I mentioned in my earlier post & even in the accessory list you posted above, there is absolutely no mention of side steps being offered as an official accessory.
The only reason I am so paranoid about not getting an aftermarket or a dealer sourced one is because of the curtain airbags in our 2.4 ZX that might not deploy due to the same in case of an accident.

Yes , You are right. It doesn't feature in the list. However I am sure that you can fix it in the Showroom, not sure about the side airbags though. The side steps I saw in the showroom are not very appealing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AShubrah (Post 4320444)
above, there is absolutely no mention of side steps being offered as an official accessory.

What I've heard is that Innova doesn't have the side steps as an oem accessory. Dealers use fortuner's side steps on the Innova. Regarding what effect it can have on curtain airbags, I'm not too sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amalji (Post 4319565)
How useful is it? Could you please post more details on the brand, model and real photos?
Could you please share the model number? I always use the Motorola turbo charger with 2 outputs. Never found something better than this still.

OK. Will do.
The grill absorbed the crash and has hardly a dent. The bumper is fully safe. The investment on the grill gets me NCB on insurance renewal premium.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ubermensch (Post 4320004)
What did you end up paying, if you don't mind sharing?

I don't mind. But, I have not seen the bill nor have access to it. Too much trouble moving a request to the concerned department. It's a corporate car. Estimate was around 50-60k total. Actually, should have gone to the showroom for delivery myself and would have seen all the papers and maybe kept a copy. Dealer sent the car across through their driver as I was busy that day.

For people who aren't a fan of aftermarket rear bike protectors and the plastic ones from Toyota, they've a new metal rear guard in stock. Will post pics soon, it's getting installed as I type at MGF Toyota, Gurgaon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amalji (Post 4320813)
What I've heard is that Innova doesn't have the side steps as an oem accessory. Dealers use fortuner's side steps on the Innova. Regarding what effect it can have on curtain airbags, I'm not too sure.

They do have a OEM side step, however it's not advertised in their accessories brochure. Price: 14000.00
Doesn't help much as a side step, more as a bike/rickshaw protector.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubermensch (Post 4322040)
For people who aren't a fan of aftermarket rear bike protectors and the plastic ones from Toyota, they've a new metal rear guard in stock. Will post pics soon, it's getting installed as I type at MGF Toyota, Gurgaon.

Even this one is not as sturdy/strong as the old steel pipe design. The idea is to protect the bumper and incidentally, both the options from Toyota fail to do so effectively, even while charging exhorbidently..
Stick to the old steel design which is easily available for 2.5-3.5K at your FNG/Accessories shop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubermensch (Post 4322040)

Please do share pictures as well as price of the rear bike guard you're getting installed. When we picked up our car in August, we opted against the genuine Toyota one as it there had been reports on here of it being too weak. It made no sense to spend the ~₹10,000 that the dealer was asking for it especially since the car would be visiting UP from time to time where traffic is sometimes even worse than in the NCR.

We instead went to Lajpat Nagar and found a similar looking product albeit still made of plastic but for a much more reasonable ₹4,000. I would attach a picture but my post count appears to be too low to attach an image in.