Team-BHP - Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/177320-toyota-innova-crysta-official-review-47.html)

Which is the best mode to drive the crysta manual on highways. In eco mode the car is very sluggish, in power mode it's very jerky and in normal mode I find adequate power and mileage. Now my question is can I use normal mode always. Will it effect the engine life in long term.

I didn't find anything in the owners manual about power mode.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajaslaw (Post 4137862)
Which is the best mode to drive the crysta manual on highways. In eco mode the car is very sluggish, in power mode it's very jerky and in normal mode I find adequate power and mileage. Now my question is can I use normal mode always. Will it effect the engine life in long term.

I didn't find anything in the owners manual about power mode.

I am normally in the, well, Normal mode. Don't think it would affect the engine and, as per my observations, even the mileage.

Hi

I am looking at getting a Innova Crysta on an operating lease.

What might be a fair residual value at the end of 3 and 5 years for a Crysta? Would it be 0.75 and 0.65 of the original price?

Also, how worth is it buying a GX Automatic and upgrading the accessories?

Best regards
Sid

Quote:

Originally Posted by naga.sid (Post 4138210)
Hi

I am looking at getting a Innova Crysta on an operating lease.

What might be a fair residual value at the end of 3 and 5 years for a Crysta? Would it be 0.75 and 0.65 of the original price?

Also, how worth is it buying a GX Automatic and upgrading the accessories?

Best regards
Sid

Please don't decide which car to buy based on its residual value. However, since you've asked the query, I would say it depends on how well you've maintained the vehicle. The more well maintained the vehicle is,the more value you get.
I have added the wooden finish on the GX AT. However, I heard a rattling sound on the window whenever I bought them down after a few months of delivery of it. When I took it to the dealer, he said that all people who've added the wooden finish have faced the same problem!:Shockked:
From my experience,I feel it isn't worth adding the accessories on the GX AT. If you want to buy a GX AT, just buy and fit a good music system and the rear bike protector. If you want other accessories, I would recommend buying the ZX AT.
Cheers,
Karthi.stark

We are looking for a people mover. We will buy this through defence CSD and the CSD prices for all the variants including the GX variant are quite mouthwatering.

Our drive will mostly be long distance touring and city rides in the cities we land up in. Can someone please suggest whether the AT or Manual should be chosen?

Does it make sense to spend an extra 1.3 lacs on the AT?

Hexa maybe considered, but its resale is what worries us. We typically keep a car for 3 odd years. The Innova will be there for much longer though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionell (Post 4141374)
We are looking for a people mover. We will buy this through defence CSD and the CSD prices for all the variants including the GX variant are quite mouthwatering.

Our drive will mostly be long distance touring and city rides in the cities we land up in. Can someone please suggest whether the AT or Manual should be chosen?

Hexa maybe considered, but its resale is what worries us. We typically keep a car for 3 odd years. The Innova will be there for much longer though.

Undoubtedly the 2.4 MT feels better to drive and is more fuel efficient at the same time the convenience offered by the AT is unmatched. During typical in-city runs and long distance cruising the 2.8 AT will be far more comfortable. I would suggest you get the 2.8 AT for a difference of 1.3 Lakhs. You not only get an automatic transmission but you also get a better engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 (Post 4141590)
I would suggest you get the 2.8 AT for a difference of 1.3 Lakhs. You not only get an automatic transmission but you also get a better engine.

The 2.8 AT is out of our budget even with CSD rates. I will consider the GX 2.4 AT that is 1.3 lacs more than the manual. We are anyways shelling out way too much for the GX, thankfully CSD rates brought it within our budget but beyond that it gets too much for comfort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionell (Post 4141619)
The 2.8 AT is out of our budget even with CSD rates. I will consider the GX 2.4 AT that is 1.3 lacs more than the manual. We are anyways shelling out way too much for the GX, thankfully CSD rates brought it within our budget but beyond that it gets too much for comfort.

The 2.4 is only offered with MT. The 2.8 is only offered with an automatic transmission.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 (Post 4141647)
The 2.4 is only offered with MT. The 2.8 is only offered with an automatic transmission.

Yes you are right Asit. I mistook the variants in the list. GX AT is indeed 2.8.

The price difference between GX MT and GX AT is 1,11,581 ex showroom CSD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 (Post 4141590)
Undoubtedly the 2.4 MT feels better to drive and is more fuel efficient at the same time the convenience offered by the AT is unmatched. During typical in-city runs and long distance cruising the 2.8 AT will be far more comfortable. I would suggest you get the 2.8 AT for a difference of 1.3 Lakhs. You not only get an automatic transmission but you also get a better engine.

For long distance cruising the manual should be a better option. On a 4 lane highway one would hardly change the gears except for the toll booth. I would pickup A/T only if the car is being driven quite a lot in city with heavy traffic.

Just one nitpick for the manual one. For a large powerful engine like the 2.4, I just don't understand why we have a 5 speed gearbox. A 6 speed one would have made the manual much better in terms of efficiency, cruising ability and NVH at higher speeds. Many cars costing less now offer a 6 speed box.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARKled (Post 4142314)
Just one nitpick for the manual one. For a large powerful engine like the 2.4, I just don't understand why we have a 5 speed gearbox. A 6 speed one would have made the manual much better in terms of efficiency, cruising ability and NVH at higher speeds. Many cars costing less now offer a 6 speed box.

Precisely why I had recommended the GX AT. The automatic while cruising at 3-digit speeds feels relaxed. Although this 5-speed is better than the older cars 5-speed gearbox (sorted gear ratios) but still a 6-speed gearbox at this price would be better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARKled (Post 4142314)

The good part with the 5th cog is the driveability. It pulls from as low as 50 Km/h. I do not see myself changing gears during those quick overtakes. The tremendous low end torque assures less gear shifts.

On highways, one can easily cover 15-20 kms without even touching the gear shifter.

I usually keep the cruise control engaged on highways. The power delivery is silky smooth during resuming the speed. The AT on the other hand felt jerky in cruise control setup in normal mode.

Also, a manual is more involving to drive and has typical Toyota DNA (which I love). The 2.4 feels more agile and on-the-toes.

Although, an ATs convenience is a different story. The GB is super lazy though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionell (Post 4141374)

Hello Lionel,
If you don't mind sharing, can you share the prices of all Innova variants available with CSD?! Particularly the automatic variants. Pardon my ignorance, but can anyone buy from CSD or is there any criteria?

Regards,
Varun

Quote:

Originally Posted by powertrain (Post 4143177)
Hello Lionel,
If you don't mind sharing, can you share the prices of all Innova variants available with CSD?! Particularly the automatic variants. Pardon my ignorance, but can anyone buy from CSD or is there any criteria?

Regards,
Varun

Only serving and retired defence and paramilitary personnel can buy from CSD. Civilians cannot buy from CSD.

CSD Prices of the Innova (Ex-Showroom, Ahmedabad)
Innova GX-7 Seater : 1309732 [Civil Ex-Showroom: 1537200]
Innova GX-8 Seater : 1313593 [Civil Ex-Showroom: 1541700]
Innova GX-7 Seater : 1421283 (Automatic) [Civil Ex-Showroom: 1667200]
Innova GX-8 Seater : 1425144 (Automatic) [Civil Ex-Showroom: 1671700]

Innova VX-7 Seater : 1559519 [Civil Ex-Showroom: 1909100]
Innova VX-8 Seater : 1563217 [Civil Ex-Showroom: 1913600]
Innova VX-7 Seater : 1719334 (Automatic) [Civil Ex-Showroom: 2103600]
Innova VX-8 Seater : 1826151 (Automatic) [Civil Ex-Showroom: 2233600]