Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2024, 12:44   #3781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Well, this particular transmission was filled incorrectly it seems, so better check.

Irrespective of having a dipstick or not, this box appears to have been overfilled. So the level needs to checked. All boxes have ways of telling the level, even without a permanent dipstick. It will be in the workshop manual.
Agreed. But I think in this case, it could also be that the service advisor who was dealing with the customer probably misunderstood what the senior mechanic told him. I'm guessing they managed to drain 1.7l, and then flushed the remaining. The pic was taken after the manual draining. The SA are generally rushing around trying to meet quotas etc and are trained more for dealing with customers and do not fully understand the technical parts. Hopefully it was done by their trained senior tech and not some newbie!

I don't know if it is even possible to overfill the ATF by 4L but it would cause WAY more damage than just running on old ATF.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2024, 23:06   #3782

Quote:
As others have pointed out, the oil did not evaporate!

The largest quantity always remains behind.

Jeroen
Yes Jeroen, you could be right and going by your past posts in this forum I am sure that you would know a lot more about these AT boxes. However I am still puzzled, as to how there could be a large quantity of oil that can be left behind. Unfortunately, I cannot post video of the oil change procedure that I captured during the process in my phone, since it has the identities of the Service Centre technicians in it, however they used the drain plug method at the bottom of the car to take out the the oil completely.

Quote:
It will be in the workshop manual. Jeroen
I didn't see the technicians using any workshop manual either. As I had mentioned earlier that most of the service technicians either ask each other, or rely on their expertise to do so. Hence my worry is that If I all over go again and tell them to check for things, I am not sure what different would they do this time around to prove me wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritedhawan View Post
one of those photos show that 1.7 L fluid which has been drained, even from that photos the color is blackish-brown, I say more black than brown. Thats another sign of fluid replacement.

And as far as the pictures that g_sanjib shared, i dont think 'transmisson filter' was changed, this is a miss Toyota service center did and this actually lays credence to the fact that they didnt know the right proceudre for ATF change, perhaps they didnt know how much quantity they were supposed to refill and that tranmission filter needs to be replaced as well.
Yes indeed, it is a miss by the service center not to replace the transmission filter and I believe if I go and ASK for it now, then they may have to again drain out the AT fluid, and that is too much of fiasco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I don't know if it is even possible to overfill the ATF by 4L but it would cause WAY more damage than just running on old ATF.
Yes that's the irony that if the Toyota Service Centre itself doesn't have the right set of equipment's / method or procedures to change the AT fluid, then I am not too sure who else will have it.
Old 14th July 2024, 19:22   #3783
BHPian

Hello

I am in a dilema currenlty...Hope to hear expert opinions from gurus here..

I own a 2016 Innova crysta 2.8z done already >90K KM.. It is running perfectly well like it did the day I purchased it - touch wood :-). Might I say, I am very happy with it- it solves all my needs with my kids and wifey not willing to let it go due to its "exceptional" highwary cruisability. I do have occanisanol need for 6 seats and Crysta fits that bill perfectly.

Here is the twist now-- I stay in Tier-1 metro and since Crysta is now 8 yrs old I fear if the new Govt. will imply all BSiV diesels hard to own post 10 yr timeline. Currently I can get a good deal on this (especially since 2.8Z is niche now), I am not sure about it in next 2 years.

Since my family prefers ride quality and comfort over performance- I looked at Hycross and it fits the bill perfectly. Being a hybrid-I don't mind the dent it puts in to the wallet on my long drives. However, I feat that the driver in me is going to revolt since the engine/gearbox may be inferior to the Crysta 2.8Z.

So I am in a dilema- should I retain my ride till I can no longer do so- or take a decision from head and look for hybrid alternative?

Thanks in advance.
smk
Old 15th July 2024, 05:20   #3784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekad View Post
Hello

I am in a dilema currenlty...Hope to hear expert opinions from gurus here..

I own a 2016 Innova crysta 2.8z done already >90K KM.. It is running perfectly well like it did the day I purchased it - touch wood :-). Might I say, I am very happy with it- it solves all my needs with my kids and wifey not willing to let it go due to its "exceptional" highwary cruisability. I do have occanisanol need for 6 seats and Crysta fits that bill perfectly.

Here is the twist now-- I stay in Tier-1 metro and since Crysta is now 8 yrs old I fear if the new Govt. will imply all BSiV diesels hard to own post 10 yr timeline. Currently I can get a good deal on this (especially since 2.8Z is niche now), I am not sure about it in next 2 years.

Since my family prefers ride quality and comfort over performance- I looked at Hycross and it fits the bill perfectly. Being a hybrid-I don't mind the dent it puts in to the wallet on my long drives. However, I feat that the driver in me is going to revolt since the engine/gearbox may be inferior to the Crysta 2.8Z.

So I am in a dilema- should I retain my ride till I can no longer do so- or take a decision from head and look for hybrid alternative?

Thanks in advance.
smk
First of all, I would like you to get a thorough test drive of the Hycross Hybrid if you want an upgrade, you will get to know how the hybrid performs in the city and highway as well.

Next consider whether it is time to let go or not, an 8-year-old Innova ain't quite old yet! moreover, I don't think the 10-year NGT ban on Diesels will spread to other Metros.

So choose wisely, and Hopefully, you make the right decision!
bijims is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 07:14   #3785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekad View Post

I own a 2016 Innova crysta 2.8z done already >90K KM..
People are cursing Toyota for discontinuing the Crysta AT, that includes me. Even if the ban gets enforced, you can sell the car in Tier 2 cities and the Innova would still fetch a good price. I understand your predicament, my suggestion, keep the 2.8, its a gem and you don't get such cars anymore.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks