Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2024, 20:59   #3736
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
And the beloved Crysta turned over a much awaited milestone yesterday.
Congrats on the milestone! And that sure is one big storm lurking behind the Crysta!
Raghav07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2024, 21:23   #3737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbangalore View Post
In prep for Bangalore Summers (that would have been an oxymoron) a decade ago, can anyone recommend a well fitted window sun screen for the Innova?

Sun screen = the ones you can snap off when not needed, and either use suction or something similar to hold onto the glass.

The road side 100₹ ones I got don't cover the entire window.

We do not have any sun film installed and the bare large windows need some sun protection.

I'm hitting dead links from the older posts on the same Q.
The Crysta has this as an official accessory (costing around 5k) for all the windows. It is listed here as Sunshades - https://www.toyotabharat.com/documen...ova-crysta.pdf
Old 26th April 2024, 21:53   #3738
BHPian

Thanks. I bought these sunshades (sticks to the inner window frame using small magents) from Starmate +91 99589 21057.

The Shades stitching is dense and it does keep the harsh glare away.

I'm satisfied with the build quality and they fit well inside the window frame . The magents are strong enough and the shade doesn't slip off on bumps and potholes.

Here's the thread where I first read up on these shades.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5748235 (Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?)

Last edited by anandbangalore : 26th April 2024 at 21:56. Reason: Added url
Old 7th May 2024, 23:06   #3739
BHPian

Query on fuel tank capacity, DTE

I have a MY23 Crysta done close to 19K on the odo - mostly on the highways, but I haven’t been able to crack the DTE behaviour.

I understand that the fuel tank capacity is 60 litres. On a full tank I haven’t seen the DTE showing more than 650 kms on almost all occasions, which means an average of around 11 KMPL. However, the average fuel consumption on the console shows around 15 KMPL which mostly matches the tank full way of calculating.

Since the DTE starts at around 650 KMS, after 500+ KMS of driving the DTE goes near double digit. At this point, it takes around 40 litres to get a full tank. 40 litres also indicate an average of 14 to 15 KMPL.

With all these numbers I am still clueless about the 20 litres that is supposed to be present, which I am not able to use . For me the practical range is around 550-600 KMS (don’t want to risk beyond that going by DTE values). Or is that I can drive till 700 KMS or so, even with the REFUEL IMMEDIATELY warning flashing?

Can someone help me get over this range anxiety please.
Old 8th May 2024, 09:57   #3740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischaltopno View Post
Query on fuel tank capacity, DTE

I have a MY23 Crysta done close to 19K on the odo - mostly on the highways, but I haven’t been able to crack the DTE behaviour.

Can someone help me get over this range anxiety please.
DTE and low fuel warning is set a bit conservatively. You should be able to drive another 100-150KM post low fuel warning lamp lits up. FE meter in MID though is accurate.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2024, 23:56   #3741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
DTE and low fuel warning is set a bit conservatively. You should be able to drive another 100-150KM post low fuel warning lamp lits up. FE meter in MID though is accurate.
Thank for the inputs. This certainly helps to get over my worries regarding range and DTE accuracy.
Old 13th May 2024, 13:22   #3742
BHPian

Dear Crysta users,

I had come across this post on the Hycross Hybrid Thread
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5768229 (Toyota Innova Hycross Review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Toyota cars (atleast in India) don’t have an option to set the duration for which the follow-me-home headlights remain on for.

The Innova Crysta since 2016 and Fortuner since 2017, also get follow-me-home headlights where the duration for which the follow-me-home headlights remain on is 30 seconds by default and is something which can’t be altered.

In Toyota cars, the headlight stalk should be in the ‘Auto’ position and then the stalk needs to be pulled once towards us after switching off the car, for the follow-me-home lights to activate. The ‘off’ position on the headlight stalk as we know is being removed from all Toyota cars slowly (the HyCross, facelifted Fortuner and Hilux don’t get it), meaning the default position of the stalk is always ‘auto’.
I have Crysta 2021 ZX AT. I have tried this multiple times and could not get Follow me home activated. Am I missing something ? Can any other Crysta 2021 or later owners confirm if they could get this feature activated ? It will be of great help as I have to always park at the far end of a dimly lit basement and find my way back to the lifts.
Old 13th May 2024, 13:49   #3743
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Dear Crysta users,

I had come across this post on the Hycross Hybrid Thread
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5768229 (Toyota Innova Hycross Review)

I have Crysta 2021 ZX AT. I have tried this multiple times and could not get Follow me home activated. Am I missing something ? Can any other Crysta 2021 or later owners confirm if they could get this feature activated ? It will be of great help as I have to always park at the far end of a dimly lit basement and find my way back to the lifts.
I just read that with the BS6 Crysta the follow-me-home headlamp feature has been deleted

Found it in the comment section of this Video:

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_7721.jpeg
Old 14th May 2024, 12:14   #3744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I just read that with the BS6 Crysta the follow-me-home headlamp feature has been deleted
What pity, but thank you CEF_Beasts sir for following up on this.
May be I am being greedy, but let me put some more Wishlist of features here, if any of the members here have some ideas.

1. 360 Surround Cameras ? Is it possible to get this feature in the stock ZX Head Unit ? Is there any Toyota approved accessories ? On internet, I have seen numerous mods but they all change the HU to a Android unit. I am not willing to do that.

2. Is there any option for Auto Dimming IRVM ? Can we use the one from Fortuner in Crysta ? Any one who has tried an option and has been successful ?
Old 14th May 2024, 16:00   #3745
BHPian

Quote:

Is there any option for Auto Dimming IRVM ? Can we use the one from Fortuner in Crysta ? Any one who has tried an option and has been successful ?
I've installed the auto-dimming IRVM from the MS Baleno into my Crysta, and it's functioning flawlessly. The mounting remains unchanged. However, the dimming level was slightly below my preference, so I affixed a small piece of sun film over the sensor on the rear of the IRVM. I handled the installation personally, enlisting a car electrician for the wiring. It's a straightforward 30-minute task for those with the necessary expertise. Sharing name, part number and price I paid in July 2021.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_6306.jpeg

Here is what the Auto Dimming IRVM looks like in the crysta

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_6312.jpeg

I applied a dark grey sun film over the sensor to create the illusion of a darker environment to the system.

Additionally, visible are the covers designed to conceal the wiring neatly; however, they require trimming to properly fit the Crysta.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_6313.jpeg

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th May 2024 at 06:28. Reason: Merging as requested.
bravo82in is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 18:04   #3746
BHPian

Quote:
1. 360 Surround Cameras ? Is it possible to get this feature in the stock ZX Head Unit ? Is there any Toyota approved accessories ?
Bhpian haisaikat amd mile10 have got it on their Crysta. Here’s the reference (Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review) for bhpian mile10’s note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
I've installed the auto-dimming IRVM from the MS Baleno into my Crysta, and it's functioning flawlessly.
Could you please share the link to installation steps. If I recollect, you have documented the steps in one of the threads.
nischaltopno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 18:47   #3747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischaltopno View Post
Could you please share the link to installation steps.
Please refer to this post (DIY: Auto-Dimming IRVM install in a Maruti Suzuki XL6)
or
this post (DIY: Toyota Fortuner Type 2 - Auto Dimming IRVM & Auto Folding ORVM) for detailed instructions. Please note that the mount of Baleno is compatible with that of Crysta and need not be changed. I tapped power for IRVM from the fuse box located on left side under the glove box. Hope this helps.

Regards
Bravo
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 21:59   #3748
RGK
Senior - BHPian

⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠I picked an engine cover from a secondhand store, and although it is labeled as G2 while my engine is G3, I was able to install it. However, I faced an issue with one of the rubber bushings not fitting properly due to misalignment of the joint bolt. Despite this misalignment, once tightened with a 12-sized collar nut, there is no movement or shaking.

⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠The nuts with red circles are where the engine cover bush sits.

⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠Can I interchange the joint nut and bolt shown (marked using arrows)in the picture? If I switch them, the alignment becomes perfect.
Innova gurus' inputs are highly appreciated .

I was able to swap the joint bolt and nut (both 10 size) comfortably and install the engine cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-boltswap.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-engine-cover.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-engcover.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-engphoto.jpg  

Last edited by benbsb29 : 28th May 2024 at 12:57. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts as requested.
Old 6th June 2024, 14:17   #3749

I have a 2021 Crysta Gx diesel model which I had purchased from ravindu Toyota utrust bangalore when it had clocked 23k kms. Now it has done 31k kms and I saw that there is creaking and squeaking sound from the rear even when driving in the highways when the car’s shock absorbers work. I don’t understand from where it is coming but it can be heard from the rear when windows are closed.

Any Crysta owner who has faced this issue before can shed some light on this issue?
Old 17th June 2024, 12:14   #3750
BHPian

I've an issue of 3rd row seat acts like a spring when going over a speed breaker with 8 people onboard in 2.4GX Crysta (2021). If i even slightly go at 5kmph over the bump, the 3rd row passengers feel discomfort and one can feel the rear seat bottoming out kind of feel. So, i've to literally come down to 2nd gear, smoothly sail over to avoid this spring action. With only 2 rows of passengers, this doesn't happen. Is it anything to do with rear suspension set up?
Note: The issue happens not with small pot holes but with deep craters, speed breakers.

Last edited by Innysta : 17th June 2024 at 12:16. Reason: rephrased

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks