Team-BHP - Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/177320-toyota-innova-crysta-official-review-219.html)

Dear Crysta owners,
I have this doubt regarding the Fuel Tank Capacity of Innova Crysta. Is it 55L? If so, what is the tank's reserve capacity? I use to refill my recently bought Innova Crysta (Diesel AT) to the full after running 25-30 kms post the fuel warning starts blinking. But, to my surprise, the tank is usually full after 40-43 liters. I find it hard to believe that the tank has a reserve capacity of about 15L?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black n' White (Post 5387256)
But, to my surprise, the tank is usually full after 40-43 liters. I find it hard to believe that the tank has a reserve capacity of about 15L?!

I have the same observation: for instance, the fuel indicator showed a shade below the 1/4th mark when I went in for refuelling today. The full-tank cut off happened at 31 litres; it is very unlikely that the car had 24 litres already! If it helps, DTE was 130 km. This is the BS6 diesel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkrishnakj (Post 5354559)
I was driving in some extreme rains over the past two days. I notice a small patch of wetness in the roof lining. This is just above the third row seats.

If you haven't found the cause I suggest the antenna (sharkfin or otherwise) I had a similar problem on my Jazz where the antenna stub had bent a little and was leaking water directly into the boot.

I am also equally taken aback by the casual way Toyota has approached the MID in Crysta. Coming from Polo which had one of most intuitive MID/Infotainment data systems, I am finding this hard to digest. Help me if I am missing any tricks here.

1) I could not find the distance covered in the Trip info. This shows only Average speed, Elapsed time and cruising range. Why omit the distance covered which is the key info for the trip? Or is it there somewhere?

2) The trip data gets reset once you switch off the car even in traffic signal. In Polo this was retained unless you switch off the car for 2 hours.

3) Fuel economy does not get reset for every trip. You have to reset it manually. In Polo every key indicator get reset before a trip.

4) Very trivial items like eco indicators, money saved in eco mode etc eat up precious real estate in the MID. Polo was to the point. No junk there.

5) The ODO reading is at the fag bottom of the display. I cannot view it readily from my driving position unless I lunge forward. Sorry, I keep the steering at the topmost tilt and telescopic position. Else it fouls with my legs.

6) As indicated in above posts, DTE can sometimes give you heart attack. It can suddenly go from 25Km to 0 in heavy traffic. This was more linear and predictable in Polo. I also feel the fuel gauge is not properly calibrated.

But despite all this, I love the beautiful analog MID cluster in Crysta. I cannot stand the newer digital consoles.

Hi Everyone!

I had booked in the Fortuner Petrol. However, sat in the Innova today and family got convinced at the first go for the Innova.

Changing my booking to Innova, Petrol Top End Automatic.. Any Suggestions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aamishdhingra (Post 5389260)
Hi Everyone!

I had booked in the Fortuner Petrol. However, sat in the Innova today and family got convinced at the first go for the Innova.

I drive a petrol Innova ZX AT since June.
Was it the pair of captain seats in middle row that changed the opinion back to Innova ? In fact the dealer had mentioned that they can change the bench seats to captain in Fortuner on demand for about 75000 without any warranty issues. But he did admit that the mid row Innova petrol may still feel better than the Fortuner petrol, but only slightly, in city conditions. In highways that are laid well, he opined that Fortuner feels better. I do not have any experience. Also I do not know if there are any legal issues involved in changing the seat pattern. (Perhaps none as it still remains a 7 seater on paper)

These are apart from the reservations on buying one at the moment due to expected discontinuation of current petrol models of Innova followed by Fortuner later this year and next year respectively and the launch of new hybrid petrol variants. Also Fortuner will gulp down petrol more avidly than Innova.

Quote:

Hi Everyone!

Go for Innova if space and comfort is of priority. Fortuner if you like better drive experience and touring/need 4x4 capabilities.

Quote:

I had booked in the Fortuner Petrol.

Having driven the petrol options of both back to back for a decent time, can easily say that other than the driving stance, the petrol Innova is better than the Fortuner in every scenario. It feels more nimble, rides better, drives better, feels more spacious and is just seems better overall for both passengers and the driver. The only real advantage of Fortuner I saw was that other vehicles were more respectful of it as compared to Innova.

Toyota does give step-motherly treatment to petrol though (not sure if this has changed after the recent stoppage of diesel sales). Last I remember, the top variant you booked does not get the heat rejection glass which the diesel variant gets.

Wish you the best in your choice :thumbs up

Toyota statement on Innova Crysta diesel bookings “due to very high demand pattern which has resulted in an increased waiting period for the diesel variant of Innova Crysta, TKM has decided to temporarily stop taking orders for the diesel variant”

Courtesy : Rushlane.

Already third party dealers are posting ads about having diesel Crysta and Fortuner readily available with them in brand new condition. These would be sold for a premium of course. How these dealers got cars while buyers are still waiting is something to wonder.

I booked the top end diesel AT last week - the dealer assured me of delivery next week. Like many of you - I test drove both the Crysta and the Fortuner. I don’t intend to do much off roading and my primary requirement was for a large comfortable 7 seater. I somehow found the crysta easier to manoeuvre even in the city vis a vis the fortuner and of course seating in the 2nd and 3rd rows was far more comfortable in the crysta.

Hi everyone, we went for a Temple Tour in our Crysta 2.8 G. We were total 7 Adults and a Kid of 4 years of age. We started of from Vijayawada and covered 3300 kms in 6 days. The first and last days had a non stop of Journey of 1000kms.
Day -1
We started off from Vijayawada at 11:30 p.m and reached our first destination Kukke Subrahmanya by next day evening 4 p.m. We travelled via Bangalore and Bisle Ghat to reach kukke. Weather was awesome with mild to moderate rains from Bangalore till kukke.

Day -2

We started from Kukke at 10:00 a.m, reached Dharmasthala and then proceeded to Hornadu Annapoorna Temple. After Darshan we set our destination to Sringeri and had a night stay at Sarada comforts.

Day -3

We started from Sringeri got down the Agumbe Ghat and reached Kollur Mookambika temple. After lunch we reached Murudeswar. We stayed at Murudeswar having a relaxed evening with a beach view hotel room.

Day -4

We started from Murudeswar by 10:30 a.m and headed to Gokarna. After Darshan we had lunch and immediately proceeded to Kolhapur. We went to Maha Lakshmi temple and then stayed at hotel Rasika in Kolhapur.

Day-5

We started from Kolhapur and reached Pune and passed Chakan plant and reached Shirdi. We went for Darshan same night. After Darshan we stayed at hotel Darsi.It was a long journey.

Day -6

We woke up after a good sleep and started back to Vijayawada. We started off at 10:30 a.m and reached Hyderabad by night 9:30 p.m and continued our journey. By morning 4:30 a.m we were back to our sweet home.

Crysta performed extremely well. 2.8 engine proved its capabilities. Crysta had Good year Wrangler Silentrac tires. There were no punctures in the entire journey.

Toughest terrain was from Hornadu to Sringeri. Overall it's a great bonding with vehicle and with family members.

Next trip to Tamilnadu to Pancha bootha lingalu of lord Shiva.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpavan (Post 5391341)
Hi everyone, we went for a Temple Tour in our Crysta 2.8 G. We were total 7 Adults and a Kid of 4 years of age. We started of from Vijayawada and covered 3300 kms in 6 days. The first and last days had a non stop of Journey of 1000kms.

Looks like a super trip. Good that you and your family enjoyed the journey.

Did you book the hotels in advance at these places before you started your journey or booked them after you went there?

Also if you can tell the name of hotels and places where you stayed, it would be helpful.

Thanks.

Dear BHPians,

Thanks for your ever informative posts and replies to my queries, i managed to pick up a pre-owned Crysta 2017 2.8z AT from Spinny. It had run 48000 kms and had the full service report. The vehicle had few dents here and there and it wasnt a deal breaker. I exchanged my old Skoda Rapid. Im absolutely loving the high seating position and the roar of 2.8 Litre engine at the slightest tap of the A pedal. The interiors were maintained well and that coupled with low overall usage gravitated me towards this vehicle. Its been 10 days and I would like to do few changes to the vehicle (nothing mechanical). It would be really helpful if im assisted with my questions
below:
1. The old owner had installed vinyl/plastic carpet on top of the existing one for easy cleaning i presume. Will this reduce the sound/Noise absorption capability inside since the vinyl/plastic carpet tends to reflect sound rather than absorb?

2. The existing ICE is very basic for 2022, so was planning to upgrade to Pioneer DMH Z6350BT. Does this model seamlessly integrate with the CANBUS of the vehicle, i.e. steering mounted controls and display on MID w.r.t. music being played, navigation snippet etc? Anyother alternatives other than the one I have mentioned which would integrate with CANBUS seamlessly.

3. Planning to replace existing IRVM with an Auto-dimming one.

Other than these I dont intend to modify much and want to keep it with minimal or no cutting of wires. I dont want any voltage/current fluctuatiion since it may have unknown consequences.

Best Regards,
Kiran

Hello,

My front tyres are showing extensive wear on the inside. Tyres are 16 months old and done 15K km. Alignment/balancing was done 8K km back. Can this an issue besides alignment (problem with suspension)?