Team-BHP - Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/177320-toyota-innova-crysta-official-review-195.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by litesaber (Post 5273000)
Hello,

Is it possible to add the speed sense door lock feature to the Crysta V 2018? Its the one thing I miss from my older car!

Thank you

I have a 2018 innova crysta vx and it has the speed sensing door lock. Not sure why it isn't available in your car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 5273152)
Congratulation and wishing you happy miles. Is this the Modiber unit and I believe costs upward of 40K.

Thanks.
Yes, that's the one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 5273030)
This joined the family couple of months back.

4) Got the 360 camera installed. I found the quality to be poor and definitely not worth the premium that they charge. Also, the controller is fiddly to use. But something like this is pretty useful.

Car looks very nice. Happy munching the miles!
1) Is this Pearl White or Super white shade?
2) Did you get the 360 camera from dealer or outside? Can you also share the make and price? Does it also have recording functionality and is the view for recording satisfactory?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acelerar (Post 5274322)
Car looks very nice. Happy munching the miles!
1) Is this Pearl White or Super white shade?
2) Did you get the 360 camera from dealer or outside? Can you also share the make and price? Does it also have recording functionality and is the view for recording satisfactory?

1. It's pearl white.
2. Got it from the dealer and it came around 43k. It doesn't have recording feature but got multitude of angles to choose (rotatory dial). Both front and rear have adaptive guidelines. The resolution could have been better for the side angles but pretty useful on tight spots. Don't' expect Hyundai like clarity.

Quote:

8) The boot soft close was discovered last weekend. Never knew such a feature was even there. As the boot door is pretty heavy, this isn't all that necessary but since we had a loaded boot, this was very useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u_UXDiDMjg

Watched the video but couldn't make out what the message you are conveying. Can you please elaborate on the boot soft close feature?

Quote:

This joined the family couple of months back

Congratulations!
Quote:

Here are some random pictures of the drive.

Can you please share the location and name of the resorts in the picture, they look lovely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheels (Post 5276906)
Watched the video but couldn't make out what the message you are conveying. Can you please elaborate on the boot soft close feature?

You just have to bring the boot door till the point it makes contact with the latch. After that the latch works electrically to pull in the door further and lock it shut. You dont have to shut it with a bang by applying force, while it also works that way.

Quote:

Which place is this? Looks awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheels (Post 5276906)

As BHPian Audioholic pointed out, you just have to bring the door to the latch and it will electronically pull the door shut. Same like soft door close in luxury cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71 (Post 5276913)
Congratulations!

Can you please share the location and name of the resorts in the picture, they look lovely.

Thanks.
The one with the bench - Panoramic Getaway
Outdoor restaurant and the forest - Tall Trees
Night shot - KTDC Tea County

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tourer (Post 5277020)
Which place is this? Looks awesome.

This is Munnar and the hotel is KTDC Tea County.

Quote:

Originally Posted by petrolhead345 (Post 5273764)
I have a 2018 innova crysta vx and it has the speed sensing door lock. Not sure why it isn't available in your car.

It does not lock on its own only manual lock. Is there a way to turn it on/off?

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 5277077)
The one with the bench - Panoramic Getaway
Outdoor restaurant and the forest - Tall Trees
Night shot - KTDC Tea County

The one with outdoor restaurant and the forest, I mentally bet, must be the 'Tea Valley Resort'. At least I had the town right :D.. Lovely pictures and thanks for those names.

Quote:

Originally Posted by petrolhead345 (Post 5273764)

Quote:

Originally Posted by litesaber (Post 5277196)
It does not lock on its own only manual lock. Is there a way to turn it on/off?

This feature has to be activated using the door lock unlock button. Here is how it is done in fortuner, same for crysta. Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by bravo82in (Post 5277249)
This feature has to be activated using the door lock unlock button. Here is how it is done in fortuner, same for crysta. Link

Thank you for the link. However this did not work for my car. Its a 01/2018 manufactured Crysta V Diesel. I found a doc online saying speed sensing door lock as added as a feature in September 2018. Any inputs?

Oh, I just thought you are unable to activate this feature, as it comes disabled from factory. I was not aware that this feature was added later on. I guess it is just a software update which will make this feature work. May be you can ask the ASC to connect to OBD port and check. There are many features which can be activated or deactivated; lane change flasher, seat belt reminder chime to name a few. This too might be there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by litesaber (Post 5278037)
Thank you for the link. However this did not work for my car. Its a 01/2018 manufactured Crysta V Diesel. I found a doc online saying speed sensing door lock as added as a feature in September 2018. Any inputs?

Yes this is correct, speed sensing lock was introduced post Sep 2018 when Toyota did a feature rejig.