Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2021, 12:45   #2776
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKannan View Post
One more question on the Leather seats - instead of going for Nappa leather or any other leatherette covers, can we not maintain the existing fabric seats with regular cleaning by reputed brands link 3M? Maybe every 6 months do a complete interior cleaning?

I am skeptical about removing all the seats and refitting them. Not sure if this would lead to seat rattles or any other safety/mechanical issues later. Also the existing (brand new!) seat fabric would have to be discarded.
Napa should be real leather.

I have to have leather in my seats as I get rashes otherwise from fabric seats. Probably from dust mites which accumulate on fabric.

You can get your fabric seats scotch garded in 3M. That makes it easy to clean; a six monthly interior detailing will keep it looking like new.

I think 3M does both the scotchgarding & detailing
Old 7th December 2021, 14:14   #2777

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Napa should be real leather.

I have to have leather in my seats as I get rashes otherwise from fabric seats. Probably from dust mites which accumulate on fabric.

You can get your fabric seats scotch garded in 3M. That makes it easy to clean; a six monthly interior detailing will keep it looking like new.

I think 3M does both the scotchgarding & detailing
My apologies, this might be slightly off topic.
I got my leather seats from the dealer itself, Epona Touch leather seats and was quoted 62k after discounts. Is it really worth the money ?
Because I haven't heard of that brand.
He had also quoted me Stanley full leather seats at Rs. 1 L.
Old 7th December 2021, 14:35   #2778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk98 View Post
My apologies, this might be slightly off topic.
I got my leather seats from the dealer itself, Epona Touch leather seats and was quoted 62k after discounts. Is it really worth the money ?
Because I haven't heard of that brand.
He had also quoted me Stanley full leather seats at Rs. 1 L.
I paid about 80k for Stanley.

Touch leather for 62k is too high (it means only yhe parts that touch you are real leather)

I can refer to a friend, who runs Schon Leather. He is ex Stanley. He did my Jazz - real leather. I am happy.
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 15:28   #2779

Hello People,

Is it only me or has anyone else noticed that there are 2 extra tail lights in the Innova Crysta VX and ZX models ?

Noticed this last night when I saw my car (GX) parked beside a ZX Crysta at a shopping mall and when the owner turned on his headlights, I noticed 2 extra tail lights on the boot of the car. It looks that TK India has just added the tail light unit on the boot for the GX only for the reversing lights.

The car in the image is my GX, photo taken by dealer one day before delivery to show us the accessories installed. The lights I'm talking about have been highlighted.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211209-3.27.43-pm.jpeg  

abk98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 16:21   #2780
BHPian

Quote:
Hello People,

Is it only me or has anyone else noticed that there are 2 extra tail lights in the Innova Crysta VX and ZX models ?

Noticed this last night when I saw my car (GX) parked beside a ZX Crysta at a shopping mall and when the owner turned on his headlights, I noticed 2 extra tail lights on the boot of the car. It looks that TK India has just added the tail light unit on the boot for the GX only for the reversing lights.

The car in the image is my GX, photo taken by dealer one day before delivery to show us the accessories installed. The lights I'm talking about have been highlighted.
Innova Crysta always has had two reverse tail lights. At least that is what I have known, even the official review (this thread itself) confirms this.
Old 9th December 2021, 16:35   #2781

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Innova Crysta always has had two reverse tail lights. At least that is what I have known, even the official review (this thread itself) confirms this.
It is not about the reverse lights, but the red tail lights beside it, the ones highlighted in the previous post.

These lights are only operational on the VX and ZX trims.
Old 9th December 2021, 16:48   #2782
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Guess he meant the red section. Only the reverse lights in the boot section work. The red areas seems to be dummy in the GX.

Quote:
Is it only me or has anyone else noticed that there are 2 extra tail lights in the Innova Crysta VX and ZX models ?....Noticed this last night when I saw my car (GX) parked beside a ZX Crysta at a shopping mall and when the owner turned on his headlights, I noticed 2 extra tail lights on the boot of the car.....
Saw a few videos on Youtube, and ofcourse the GX rear tailights don't light up in the bootlid section!!!

Thought the only change in the rear light section was that the GX got two reverse lights, while the VX/ZX got a rear fog lamp instead of the rightside reverse light. Cost cutting by Toyota, but not much of a big deal. Removal of the rear demister was definitely a bad cost cutting move.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 22:08   #2783
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello People,

Since the launch of the Crysta in India in 2016, the GX variant has always had dummy lights on the tail section, the VX and ZX had them. The same continues till now.

The reason for this weird logic of giving the same car 2 less lights on the boot is best known to Toyota!!
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 15:13   #2784
BANNED

Thanks to @audioholic, @bravo82in, @DicKy, @sid_deb for valuable comments. After months of deliberation, I booked a 2.4GX Manual and did pre-registration check and found below things. Can you please comment on the same?

1) Front brake discs are rusted. One more car also had like that but other cars are fine. What to do here?
2) Android auto, Apple Carplay - Is Android auto popup only when we connect USB cable with phone?
3) Ecomode showed OFF in MID with temperature while Eco switch is ON. Is it an issue?
4) Software update: Existing software is ID DCU 17TDT1SA-CA32. Is this latest one?
5) Steering audio control Up/Down button actions are reversed. Up action moves the cursor down. - Does it work like that in all vehicles?
6) Power steering oil - Had mid level in the tank and the dip stick had oil till COLD and SA mentioned it will touch HOT when engine is running. Is that OK?
7) SA says pen drive upto 8GB work fast and higher version act slow. Is it true?
8) In the official spec page, against Economy meter under GX manual - it is mentioned as "ECO LAMP WITH ZONE DISPLAY" - what is this?
9) I wanted to get "Seat cover Fabric Rs. 13k" but dealer says it has been stopped now due to quality issues (fabric fallen off after few months of usage). Is this true? I opted for Toyota accessories for long life durability. Any suggestions on alternatives on same cost range?
Old 11th December 2021, 18:05   #2785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
Thanks to @audioholic, @bravo82in, @DicKy, @sid_deb for valuable comments. After months of deliberation, I booked a 2.4GX Manual and did pre-registration check and found below things. Can you please comment on the same?

1) Front brake discs are rusted. One more car also had like that but other cars are fine. What to do here?
2) Android auto, Apple Carplay - Is Android auto popup only when we connect USB cable with phone?
Really strange to see these kinds of issues with a brand new vehicle.

IMO it's unlikely that the rust on the brake discs will be very deep. It should have been looked at but a simple wire brush will be able to take off any surface buildup. You should however check if it is deeper. Either way its something you need to raise a complaint with the dealer.

Android Auto works with the USB cable connected. Wireless Android Auto has been recently released but it needs both phone and head unit to support it (WiFi Direct over 5GHz)

Really disappointing to see the list of issues you are facing.

Old 23rd December 2021, 17:06   #2786
BANNED

Anyone knows how to

1) Change Lt/100KM to KM/Lt in MID for GX variant in OEM Touchscreen infotainment?
2) Do rear wiper has washer?
3) Show values in Trip information bar graph, Change bar graph to line graph
4) remove the leaves fallen inside the air vent mesh?
5) Change the speed limit to auto lock the door?
Old 23rd December 2021, 17:27   #2787
Distinguished - BHPian

Is the Toyota Innova Hybrid set to be launched in 2022 and will it switch to FWD? Model to be launched in Indonesia in 2022.

Quote:
At a virtual press conference to the Indonesian media on Tuesday, 21-December 2021, PT Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indonesia (TMMIN) announced that a hybrid model will be produced in the archipelago and launched in 2022.
It also added that the unnamed model will be exported globally and preparations for the very first made-in-Indonesia Toyota hybrid have already begun.
Quote:
All-new Innova due in 2022
Adds hybrid variant which will be exported overseas
Switching from RWD to FWD might mean it could no longer be built on the IMV platform
Quote:
Despite Toyota Indonesia keeping mum on the model’s information, many in the country’s automotive media are speculating that this new hybrid might be the Toyota Innova Hybrid.
As such, all the clues lead to the Innova Hybrid being pretty much confirmed at this point. However, aside from gaining a new hybrid option, there are also rumours that the next-gen Innova could ditch the rear-wheel-drive layout.

Much like its little brother, the Avanza, it will switch to a more conventional front-wheel-drive layout. The long-running RWD layout, meanwhile, could continue on but only for fleet usage.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd December 2021 at 17:28.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 17:52   #2788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Front brake discs are rusted. One more car also had like that but other cars are fine. What to do here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.nayak View Post
Really strange to see these kinds of issues with a brand new vehicle.
This is a non-issue. A layer of rust is very common on brake rotors, new or used alike. Even if you polish and remove it, it will re-appear within days. Natural oxidation of cast iron.

Quote:
Android auto, Apple Carplay - Is Android auto popup only when we connect USB cable with phone?
Yes, unless the car comes with wireless Android Auto/Apple Carplay, which is not the case with Crysta.

Quote:
Anyone knows how to Change Lt/100KM to KM/Lt in MID for GX variant in OEM Touchscreen infotainment?
Can be done via MID controls only, not touchscreen infotainment system

Quote:
Change the speed limit to auto lock the door?
This is not configurable.
cool_dube is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 19:06   #2789
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Is the Toyota Innova Hybrid set to be launched in 2022 and will it switch to FWD? Model to be launched in Indonesia in 2022... gaining a new hybrid option, there are also rumours that the next-gen Innova could ditch the rear-wheel-drive layout....Much like its little brother, the Avanza, it will switch to a more conventional front-wheel-drive layout....
Just vague rumours.

1. The IMV platform is just halfway in its lifecycle. No way next gen Innova is coming in 2022.

2. There is no need to ditch BoF platform and RWD layout for hybrid. The next gen TNGA-F platform is hybrid ready in both petrol and diesel options.

3. Most probably a new hybrid MPV model in Indonesia would be named as Kijang for the strong brand name pull. That's where the rumour must have started.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 19:50   #2790
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels
Anyone knows how to Change Lt/100KM to KM/Lt in MID for GX variant in OEM Touchscreen infotainment?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube
Can be done via MID controls only, not touchscreen infotainment system
I could not see any edit option in MID control in GX variant. Long pressing Display button just move to next display item.

Last edited by Wheels : 23rd December 2021 at 19:51. Reason: Corrected spelling

Most Viewed