Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2021, 17:12   #2761
BANNED

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Only the front glass is laminated. Not the rest of it. The moment it breaks, it would shatter into small pieces and disintegrate.
I believe the above is partially right, saying front glass is laminated (correct) but won't shatter into small pieces (Incorrect).

1) I found the wiki search result for "car glass" as:
Laminated glass is a type of safety glass that holds together when shattered which is used for Front Windshields whereas Back glass is made from tempered glass, also known as safety glass, and when broken will shatter into small, round pieces. This is different from a front windshield, which is made of laminated glass, glass which consists of two pieces of glass, with vinyl in between..

2) Another web search shows below text:
Laminated Front Windshields: Used for Front widescreen, when injury is more likely during the accidents.
Tempered glass for Sidelites and Backlites:Tempered glass is primarily used for side window glass and rear windshield glass. When it breaks, tempered glass shatters into small pieces rather than long sharp shards, thus protecting people from causing injuries. Its sturdy , thick and stable.

Please correct if my understanding needs correction. Thanks

Last edited by Wheels : 2nd December 2021 at 17:15. Reason: added words to simplify
Old 2nd December 2021, 23:08   #2762
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
I believe the above is partially right, saying front glass is laminated (correct) but won't shatter into small pieces (Incorrect).
Please correct if my understanding needs correction. Thanks
There is no correction needed. The issue was how I wrote my post. I meant to say the front glass is laminated. But the rest of the glasses aren't. If they(ie rest of the windows) break then they would shatter into small pieces and be scattered all over the place. Hence if someone doesn't want this to happen they can consider a film be it transparent or tinted. Its clear that even though the windshield can crack and shatter, it will stay in one piece.
Old 3rd December 2021, 10:04   #2763
BHPian

Guys, will adding the side footstep decrease the GC significantly? Will it pose a problem while travelling with full load on bad roads or speed bumps?
Old 3rd December 2021, 10:11   #2764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKannan View Post
Guys, will adding the side footstep decrease the GC significantly? Will it pose a problem while travelling with full load on bad roads or speed bumps?
Not drastically but you have to be careful over road humps when the car is loaded above four passengers. I have scraped the footsteps a few times going over really steep potholes especially when the front wheel crosses the hump.

When the car is fully loaded to seven people, I experience the rear suspension bottoming out after a speed breaker. Is it the case with others as well?
Old 3rd December 2021, 10:55   #2765
BHPian

Quote:
Not drastically but you have to be careful over road humps when the car is loaded above four passengers. I have scraped the footsteps a few times going over really steep potholes especially when the front wheel crosses the hump.

When the car is fully loaded to seven people, I experience the rear suspension bottoming out after a speed breaker. Is it the case with others as well?
Same with me as well. But I've started taking the footstep scraping as a warning and to slow down on bad roads. However, I have not felt any issues with the suspension even with a full load, except occasional mud flaps scraping.
Old 4th December 2021, 17:21   #2766
BANNED

It is very sad to see the delay in fitment of LE accessories, avg. of 2 months delay. Customers who took delivery of their vehicle in Nov first week have got their accessories fitted now. Very disappointing experience. Toyota should be honest and transparent enough to reveal issues in supply chain / lack of process clarity at dealer / shipments. Left a twitter post too and got a customary call back. Fingers crossed
Wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 22:00   #2767
BHPian

Quote:

Not related to this topic but something in general. I believe you have had Ertiga too with you. I understand it a orange v/s banana comparison but I am contemplating a people mover for my family and I am torn between two choices - a relatively new (2 years or so) Ertiga or a much older and higher run Crysta. The purpose is to have a reliable car that can do daily runs to office and carry full family in comfort for short distances (under 50Km) when needed. Intend to keep it long and hence a relatively new Ertiga is in the shortlist. I prefer used cars.

What is your opinion on the reliability aspect of Ertiga v/s the famed Crysta. Recent reports of issues with Crysta are making me question the extra money that I will have to plonk into it. From a requirements perspective, both will do the job for me. Crysta is shortlisted for the "Extra" factor. Extra space, power, etc. over the Ertiga.

Last edited by sunilch : 4th December 2021 at 22:01.
Old 4th December 2021, 22:17   #2768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Is it the car bottoming out or a thud from suspension? The suspension is on softer side and does bottom out when hit hard. Last week I was ferrying 600 Kilo plus driver, while the mud flaps did scrap , the suspension was definitely hitting the limit.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 22:44   #2769
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
What is your opinion on the reliability aspect of Ertiga v/s the famed Crysta. Recent reports of issues with Crysta are making me question the extra money that I will have to plonk into it. From a requirements perspective, both will do the job for me. Crysta is shortlisted for the "Extra" factor. Extra space, power, etc. over the Ertiga.
I didnt have an Ertiga with me. We have an SX4 and Crysta at our house along with Celerio. As you mention, the Crysta offers some extras over an Ertiga. But as a people mover, the Ertiga would do a good job too. Regarding reliability, I am not sure of what issues you would consider to deem a car unreliable. Neither the Ertiga nor Crysta can be termed unreliable by any means. If you refer to the issue with plastic panels cracking, then thats not a question of reliability. It is rather a quality issue with that part. There have been cracks on the gearknob of my SX4 also and I had to replace it along with many other people I know in the same boat. But I cannot say that the SX4 has been unreliable. In fact, I am scared to replace it since even after ten years of use, it has never let me down or stranded and all the maintenance has been periodic or with wear and tear part replacements.

So if you really value the extras the Crysta offers over an Ertiga, then it would be a good choice. But if you are already happy with what an Ertiga offers, then you might not find value in spending the extra money on a Crysta. And I am sure in the used market you wont find Crystas with low mileage. So between a 2 year old Ertiga which might have done 20k kms and a four year old Crysta with 1L kms on the Odo, assuming thats the typical availability, I would pick the Ertiga. Not that 1L kms is a big deal for a Toyota but that said, the usable life of any car is finite and you would lay your hands on the car quite later than a 20k kms run car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Is it the car bottoming out or a thud from suspension? The suspension is on softer side and does bottom out when hit hard. Last week I was ferrying 600 Kilo plus driver, while the mud flaps did scrap , the suspension was definitely hitting the limit.
So what happens is after the rear wheel crosses the speed breaker, I can feel the suspension bottoming out and probably hitting the rubber stopper. So I felt that when the car is loaded especially with hefty people in the third row, it badly needs stiffer springs at the rear.

Last edited by audioholic : 4th December 2021 at 22:48.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 23:07   #2770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Not related to this topic but something in general. I believe you have had Ertiga too with you. I understand it a orange v/s banana comparison but I am contemplating a people mover for my family and I am torn between two choices - a relatively new (2 years or so) Ertiga or a much older and higher run Crysta. The purpose is to have a reliable car that can do daily runs to office and carry full family in comfort for short distances (under 50Km) when needed. Intend to keep it long and hence a relatively new Ertiga is in the shortlist. I prefer used cars.

Both are quite reliable cars. Ertiga offers excellent value for money and would have been my choice if it had scored better in the NCAP ratings. A 3-star rating with an unstable bodyshell just did not inspire enough confidence. The Crysta is not tested yet but I feel it will score a 4 star and more importantly, I expect its body to hold up better considering that their built-to-cost Etios scored a 4 star.
If you leave safety aspects apart, I find Innova too huge to drive in Bangalore city traffic. Ertiga is perfect for the city and the Crysta definitely trumps Ertiga on the highway. So if your usage is a majority in the city then Ertiga would be a better choice.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 11:07   #2771
jav
BHPian

Quote:
So what happens is after the rear wheel crosses the speed breaker, I can feel the suspension bottoming out and probably hitting the rubber stopper. So I felt that when the car is loaded especially with hefty people in the third row, it badly needs stiffer springs at the rear.
Yup, the rear hits the bump stop regularly on full load and sometimes at good speed when there is a sudden dip in the highway it bottoms out with a really bad thud
jav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 15:16   #2772

Quote:
Hey All,
Does anyone know what the cost of the 360 camera is ? The dealer is quoting around 28K (1 yr warranty) . Is that a reasonable price? I am planning to get some electrical stuff done via the dealer with the hope that the quality of work will be good.

Any suggestions and indications of the prices will be really good.
An aftermarket accessory shop had quoted me 31k with 1 year warranty last month. Also there was another Crysta getting it installed and looking at them drill holes into the ORVM broke my heart. I decided not to get these installed looking at the way they handled the car. The dealer might do a better job, but I still have my doubts.

Last edited by abk98 : 6th December 2021 at 15:34. Reason: Forgot to quote the previous reply.
Old 6th December 2021, 22:37   #2773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk98 View Post
An aftermarket accessory shop had quoted me 31k with 1 year warranty last month. Also there was another Crysta getting it installed and looking at them drill holes into the ORVM broke my heart. I decided not to get these installed looking at the way they handled the car. The dealer might do a better job, but I still have my doubts.
Hi
It depends on the 360 camera that you buying. Multiple brands with price ranging from 10K to 30 K. There are many reviews in Youtube on 360 deg camera. DHS is brand from Mumbai, another is Moco they all cost approx Rs 27K depending on where you buy them from.
Old 6th December 2021, 22:44   #2774
BHPian

Hi

I have Crysta 2.8G 2016 and have done 50K kms. Changed all 4 tyres to Continental 205/65/16. Ride is great but, noticed a drag on the left side and checked alignment twice. Still not very convinced and have feeling the steering is a little left tilted due to the balancing settings. I am near Chennai. Any recommendations please. Have checked at the MRF tyredrome as well.
Old 7th December 2021, 11:30   #2775
BHPian

One more question on the Leather seats - instead of going for Nappa leather or any other leatherette covers, can we not maintain the existing fabric seats with regular cleaning by reputed brands link 3M? Maybe every 6 months do a complete interior cleaning?

I am skeptical about removing all the seats and refitting them. Not sure if this would lead to seat rattles or any other safety/mechanical issues later. Also the existing (brand new!) seat fabric would have to be discarded.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks