Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2021, 00:17   #2641
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Most probably its a part that has to be imported from Japan. Since these are not regular replacement parts, it wont be stocked with the dealer. Maybe you can ask them to somehow expedite the process. Or if the part is in stock with TKM then it shouldnt really be a big deal to get it from Bidadi to the dealer.
Yes, I'm heading over to Nandi Toyota tomorrow, have a meeting setup with the customer service manager and I will have to urge them to get it quick. I had an outstation trip planned this weekend but that will have to be pushed now. Their cars are extremely reliable while on the road and when everything is working well, but when it comes to spares not so great. Hope things improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
I recently got a chance to experience TKMs spares supply. Something as simple as a hub cap was out of stock with dealership. They don't stock it.

If you think the part location density, it's nowhere close to Maruti/Hyundai where they stock hundreds of such parts in your city alone.
After owning many cars from Maruti over the years, one thing i must say is that their service and spares network is unmatched. The maximum time my car has ever been at the service station is for 4 days as far as I can remember, that too it was for tinkering and painting only. Never owned a Hyundai so can't comment on that. For that matter even my wife's Reva which was discontinued a decade back and which Mahindra only supports through one workshop in Bangalore, the spares are more easy to come by.

Toyota's biggest issue seems to be not producing enough of these parts / spares at their Bidadi plant and having to rely for spares from Japan and Thailand. When I bought the Crysta a year back, this was one factor which i never thought about, after having heard so much about Toyota's customer service quality and reliability. Been a real eye opener for me this whole experience of the past 2 weeks and the dead time of the car sitting idle at the garage.

One wonders, what do Taxi guys who own an Innova do with such lead times for spares? Or do they just get it done through a local workshop? Anyway Thanks Leo Shashi and Audioholic.
Mile10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 07:03   #2642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
I had an outstation trip planned this weekend but that will have to be pushed now.
Ask them for a loaner car while your car awaits parts or ask them to bear the cost of hired taxi of similar size/ segment. That will put more pressure on them.
bravo82in is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 21:42   #2643
BHPian

Any suggestions on how to get a wire from the cabin to engine bay without voiding the warranty? Found a grommet or two but don't think I can relay another wire through those.
Old 24th July 2021, 11:10   #2644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
My bad luck seems to be never ending. Sigh! Changed place of parking and also took inumerable steps to try prevent rats from entering the engine bay. But somehow one has again managed to sneak in, and this time it has caused 70% of the oil to leak. Upon noticing the leak on the floor, called toyota on road service and they took the car on a flat bed.
I have had rat bites into my Innova also. It had chewed off an injection wire of a cylinder. So car was running only on 3 cylinders until it got fixed.

It looks to me like rats have a special liking for Innova's engine bay. I have my Polo parked right next to it. The rat (same one I think) makes it's visit to Polo engine bay also but never bitten anything so far. Knock on wood.
Old 31st July 2021, 20:12   #2645
Distinguished - BHPian

Our Crysta is the base spec GX variant, hence it didn't come with an engine cover(Bravo Toyota, for a 21 lac rupees car!). I was shocked at the price of a simple plastic trim, nevertheless ordered it since it gives the engine bay a cleaner look. The mounts are already there, so all we need is a cover and two nuts.

Part Numbers:

Cover: 12601-0E020
Nuts: We need two of these: 90176-08058

Pics:

Before:

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20210728_063308.jpg

Part number and price:

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20210729_104000.jpg

The cover:

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20210729_104439.jpg

Looks great:

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20210731_200348.jpg

PS: The nuts are still in transit hence haven't finally installed it. Just did a trial fit.
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 20:37   #2646
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Our Crysta is the base spec GX variant, hence it didn't come with an engine cover(Bravo Toyota, for a 21 lac rupees car!).
Great job with the upgrade. Must say, the engine bay looked bare without the cover. With it, looks like sporting a Tuxedo

Two things surprised me.

1. That cover is pretty expensive!

2. A 21L rupee Toyota doesn't have paint coat under the bonnet. Reminded me of this post (Kia Sonet - Body colour missing inside the door, below the panel).
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 20:51   #2647
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
A 21L rupee Toyota doesn't have paint coat under the bonnet
Guess it's the standard practice with most Japs, not sure what other manufacturers do. Maruti also paints the engine bay in Primer shade. For example its white for lighter shades like Golden, Silver, White etc, orangish/maroon for Red, bluish for Grey, Black etc.

Engine bay of my XL6, body color: Grey, Engine bay color: Bluish

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20210714_152514.jpg

Engine bay of my 800, body color: Golden, Engine bay color: White

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20200608_163741.jpg

Engine bay of DBHPian Ashwinprakash's Alto, Body color: Red, engine bay color: Orangish

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img20201112151139.jpg

Engine bay of a Green Alto 800:

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-images-11-7.jpeg

PS: Sorry for going off topic!
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 21:31   #2648
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guess it's the standard practice with most Japs, not sure what other manufacturers do. Maruti also paints the engine bay in Primer shade. For example its white for lighter shades!
This seems to be a new practice. My garnet red Innova has engine bay in the same color. Not sure if its only for the ZX or its introduced during the face-lift. Since I'm not in the country I saw that even in the media car it is painted. I think the wheel well at the rear also is painted in my car and hence when you mentioned earlier I wasn't sure of seeing white shade in the engine bay.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 21:40   #2649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
This seems to be a new practice. My garnet red Innova has engine bay in the same color. Not sure if its only for the ZX or its introduced during the face-lift.
That's shocking! I just checked pics on the Official review and it indeed seems to be a new practice.

Quote:
I think the wheel well at the rear also is painted in my car and hence when you mentioned earlier I wasn't sure of seeing white shade in the engine bay.
This seems like an old thing, even our official review mentions it:

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-capture.jpg

It was an eyesore with darker shades like Garnet Red, hence I covered it in black with Talbros Penray's Antirust spray

Before:

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20210725_195951.jpg

After:

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20210725_200334.jpg

PS: I just checked a few videos on Youtube, the 2021 GX in Garnet red has engine bay properly painted.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-11.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-12.jpg

This cannot be a case of Dealer end repair since dad was present when the car got unloaded. Toyota India at fault?

PPS: Just spoke to the dealer GM and he too was surprised. He said he will file a VOC with my findings.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 31st July 2021 at 22:08.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 11:03   #2650
BHPian

Quote:
Our Crysta is the base spec GX variant, hence it didn't come with an engine cover(Bravo Toyota, for a 21 lac rupees car!). I was shocked at the price of a simple plastic trim, nevertheless ordered it since it gives the engine bay a cleaner look. The mounts are already there, so all we need is a cover and two nuts.

Part Numbers:

Cover: 12601-0E020
Nuts: We need two of these: 90176-08058

Pics:

Before:

Part number and price:

The cover:

Looks great:

PS: The nuts are still in transit hence haven't finally installed it. Just did a trial fit.
Since it's under the hood, I don't mind a messy look on my innova. But curious, does the cover do anything beyond hiding the mess under the hood?
Old 1st August 2021, 11:08   #2651
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbangalore View Post
Since it's under the hood, I don't mind a messy look on my innova. But curious, does the cover do anything beyond hiding the mess under the hood?
Has some insulation and padding, so may help in controlling a bit of clatter. But my reason was entirely for cleaner look.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 16:32   #2652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrANTO View Post
Took delivery of my Innova Crysta in 'attitude black' colour yesterday

Variant: GX automatic/facelift version
Waiting period for the colour was 60 days
Congratulations DrANTO !!. wish you lakhs of hassle free ride.

I have a question for you and other crysta automatic owners, Please share if you have any detail about it,
My friend took delivery of a GX Automatic Crysta last month. I did drive for a while couple of days back and observed that there is a Jerk/Shudder when shifted to D from R,N or P. is this common in Crysta ?, as SA was saying this is common when he called for the feedback . I don't remember feeling this jerk in test drive cars that we drove. General search on this lead to Transmission fluid shortage , Not sure how it is possible in a brand new car.
BulZire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 17:33   #2653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
I have a question for you and other crysta automatic owners, Please share if you have any detail about it,
My friend took delivery of a GX Automatic Crysta last month. I did drive for a while couple of days back and observed that there is a Jerk/Shudder when shifted to D from R,N or P. is this common in Crysta ?, as SA was saying this is common when he called for the feedback . I don't remember feeling this jerk in test drive cars that we drove. General search on this lead to Transmission fluid shortage , Not sure how it is possible in a brand new car.
We have a 10 day old Crysta Automatic ZX and completed 1500 kms.
There is a very very noticeable forward lurch every time you shift it to D.
It is very annoying to say the least.
This is there in my friend's 2 year old Crysta Automatic 2.8 as well.
starter is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 17:57   #2654
BHPian

Thanks Starter, the lurch looks very obvious now. hope it gets better by time or after the first service.
Old 9th August 2021, 19:44   #2655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
We have a 10 day old Crysta Automatic ZX and completed 1500 kms.
There is a very very noticeable forward lurch every time you shift it to D.
It is very annoying to say the least.
This is there in my friend's 2 year old Crysta Automatic 2.8 as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Thanks Starter, the lurch looks very obvious now. hope it gets better by time or after the first service.
Not casting aspersions on anyone but, does the lurch happen despite the brake being pressed firmly while shifting to D?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks