Team-BHP - Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/177320-toyota-innova-crysta-official-review-173.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technic90 (Post 5046520)
3. Seat upholstery only from outside if you know a very reliable place expert in it otherwise you might regret the finishing.

Thanks!

Any experience approaching Stanley directly for upholstery vs going through Toyota?

Quote:

Originally Posted by suchit23 (Post 5025860)

For now though, I had a question to those who own the new facelift BS6 version. There is a feature where all doors will automatically unlock if the driver door is opened within 45 seconds of stopping the car. But I am not able to enable it as per page 120 in the manual (see pic). And more shockingly even Toyota service could not activate it when I went in for my first service couple days back.

Hi Suchit, thanks for this find I was struggling with this issue as well. I tried the same and it works for my car. I kept all doors closed, turn on ignition only (engine not running), pressed the unlock button on the door for 5-6 seconds, as soon as I released it, the car performed a quick "lock-unlock" on its own, and now when I turn off the car and open the driver door, all doors auto unlock. Earlier it was a pain to come out of the car and realise all the doors are still locked. For reference mine is a BS4 2019 2.8 ZX AT. Hope it works for you too.

I also found a youtube video that guided me to decrease the sensitivity of the auto headlights turn on feature. Now I have set it to minimum, i.e., now the auto headlights turn on much later / darker scenes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elXSL5PqU2A

2022 Toyota Fortuner, Innova To Get Diesel Hybrid Tech – More Power

https://www.rushlane.com/2022-toyota...-12400540.html.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vraned (Post 5046485)
Queries for folks here who have installed accessories either at dealer's or outside:

I am awaiting delivery of my 2.7 GX AT shortly, and have identified a bunch of accessories/upgrades I'd like to go with.

Cosmetics, fabric or leather, and electronic accessories are fine. Whats really annoying is 2.7 or 2,4 AT base variants costs nearly 21.5L to 23L on road, and does not even come with rear defogger (something that you cannot get as an accessory). Moreover there is no mid variant like VX in AT. And the difference between GX and ZX variant is nearly 7L rupees.

Quote:

Originally Posted by throttleking (Post 5049494)
Whats really annoying is 2.7 or 2,4 AT base variants costs nearly 21.5L to 23L on road, and does not even come with rear defogger (something that you cannot get as an accessory). Moreover there is no mid variant like VX in AT. And the difference between GX and ZX variant is nearly 7L rupees.

@throttleking Not just rear defogger, 23L doesn't get you auto A/C, Start/Stop button either.

I've learnt to make my peace with it.

Quote:

Cosmetics, fabric or leather, and electronic accessories are fine. Whats really annoying is 2.7 or 2,4 AT base variants costs nearly 21.5L to 23L on road, and does not even come with rear defogger (something that you cannot get as an accessory). Moreover there is no mid variant like VX in AT. And the difference between GX and ZX variant is nearly 7L rupees.

Yes the GX is spartan for what you pay and hence I never saw value in it unless you want to use the car as a beater/official use etc. The VX is a good option for those who buy the manual but for automatic, the ZX AT is some serious amount of money away. However we did that stretch and went ahead with the ZX AT since I do not believe in accessorizing my car to make it reach closer to a higher variant since thats purely cosmetic and hardly functional. Safety would take a big chunk of the price difference since the additional airbags add up to the cost, and then there are expensive stuff like the LED headlights which arent just aftermarket replacement bulbs. Heck a manual AC at 20+L OTR is something I can hardly accept.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vraned (Post 5049620)
@throttleking Not just rear defogger, 23L doesn't get you auto A/C, Start/Stop button either.

I've learnt to make my peace with it.

Previous version of Crysta had 2.8 AT that landed for 21L and had basic features like rear wash and wipe with defogger. Currently it offers 2.4 AT, cost nearly 2L more with basic features like defogger removed. Crazy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 5049631)
Yes the GX is spartan for what you pay and hence I never saw value in it unless you want to use the car as a beater/official use etc. The VX is a good option for those who buy the manual but for automatic, the ZX AT is some serious amount of money away. However we did that stretch and went ahead with the ZX AT since I do not believe in accessorizing my car to make it reach closer to a higher variant since thats purely cosmetic and hardly functional. Safety would take a big chunk of the price difference since the additional airbags add up to the cost, and then there are expensive stuff like the LED headlights which arent just aftermarket replacement bulbs. Heck a manual AC at 20+L OTR is something I can hardly accept.

Thats where the problem is. Base variant is too low on features, while top end is way too expensive and does not justify the price. Some may bring up the "ultimate resale value" and that kind of conversation but honestly thats not true in case of top end variant. I have noticed, in used car market, what fetches awesome resale and moves faster off the shelf is the base variant. Whereas, top end variants take lot of time to sell and fetches poor resale. Ex. 3 year old, under 50k kms GX Crysta with invoice value of 20L sells for 16L, while ZX variant with 28L invoice value sell for 18L and take much longer to sell.

Quote:

Was this deleted? The GX variant came with rear wash /wipe and defogger since day 1. With BS6 they have made feature rich- ESP, Hill hold, android auto/apple carplay(with facelift) etc. Barring cosmetics, GX misses ACC and projector lamps/fog lamps and front sonar compared to VX.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 5049788)
Was this deleted? The GX variant came with rear wash /wipe and defogger since day 1. With BS6 they have made feature rich- ESP, Hill hold, android auto/apple carplay(with facelift) etc. Barring cosmetics, GX misses ACC and projector lamps/fog lamps and front sonar compared to VX.

That's correct they removed defogger with BS6, despite of substantial price hike. How much can a defogger cost? I really fail to understand the logic.

Just thought I will drop this here for reference:

ATF
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-atfrefill.jpg

Coolant
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-coolant.jpg

Engine Oil
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-oil.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentra26 (Post 5043958)
The only thing that's keeping me from plonking hard earned cash on the Innova is the fact that they seem very opaque on these issues. Why not test it in the GNCAP? But I see there are no other options in this segment which have done this as well.

Hi. I have many good friends who work at Toyota's Bidadi plant in my circle. There is no change in body or frame structure for the Innova & Fortuner globally and the designers never allow any value engineering changes that are detrimental to safety. In fact, higher standards of manufacturing assurance are applied to these items both at the plant and the suppliers. There might be feature deletions such as adaptive cruise etc but never structural changes.

The airbags not deploying in certain accidents while concerning has currently not been proven through investigation, or we don't know the results of them in public. The 17" tire bursts were due to them using single ply tires. Low profile tires and Indian roads just don't bode well together and the way many Innovas are driven, it was a recipe for disaster. After a temporary discontinuation, they switched to double ply tires and cases have reduced drastically.

You may despise them (I certainly do) for being more expensive than they deserve to be. But I'd say if this is the only thing holding you back, just go right ahead with your purchase.

On a side note, most cars in this price bracket (above 20L) are CKD or CBU and it doesn't make financial sense for companies to make major changes to their manufacturing line to accommodate an India-specific design. I mean, other than the Innova and Fortuner, which other cars sell more than 1000-2000/month?

The Suzuki tie-up is confounding for sure. But it is mainly because Toyota's standards are universal and their ethos won't allow them to devise a separate quality standard just for the Indian (or any other) market. They just can't make inexpensive cars because of this. To ensure they are able to meet CAFE regulations and continue business in India, they have been forced to sell small, fuel-efficient cars by joining hands with Suzuki.

Someone has fitted a 360 deg camera and integrated it with the new 8-inch OEM Toyota touchscreen for the Innova.

https://youtu.be/YoZJnnspS18
14:50 onwards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 5049631)
Heck a manual AC at 20+L OTR is something I can hardly accept.

I bought a GX Manual petrol and had the same thought. However after seeing the dealer invoice, I saw that GST is almost 5L on the 16.2L ex-showroom price. Further nearly 2L for the registration charges.

From a manufacturer's standpoint, making a reliable fuss-free 1.8T/4.8m/166BHP MUV with Android Auto/Apple Car play, alloy wheels, etc. for close to 11L does seem reasonable. However it isn't reasonable from a consumer's standpoint who pays ~20L and doesn't get some of the features like a rear defogger even available in a 6L car these days.

Cars in India are really super expensive compared to the salary levels, courtesy are rocket-high taxes. In US, cars are cheaper than India while the salaries are easily 3-4X. Don't even want to talk about Middle East :Frustrati

I am a soon-to-be Crysta owner, just having booked a ZX Petrol AT. I am buying it as a family car, as a replacement of my trusty Vento Petrol 1.6 Highline. I am hoping to get some useful tips for my PDI, delivery and initial settling down with my new Toyota.

The dealer has promised ₹10k worth of accessories, I hope to negotiate it to a larger figure. I have gone through the Toyota Original Accessories price list, and it seems considerably more expensive than aftermarket. I am appending a list of stuff that I think will be useful, the rates as as in the Toyota website. Request comments from owners on which I should take from the dealer and which I can get better/ cheaper aftermarket.
DOOR EDGE PROTECTOR P61740K002A1 ₹850
REAR BIKE PROTECTOR P69630K002 ₹7,770
BUMPER CORNER PROTECTOR P61770K002 ₹870
MUD GUARD P63890K001A0 ₹2,110
FLOOR MATS, FABRIC, PREMIUM (AT) P62100K004 ₹4,100
TRUNK MAT, FABRIC P62100K001 ₹480
CAR CUSHION PZ0100D621A0 ₹510
3D FLOOR MAT AT P62100K00R ₹3,640
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System GA3110K004 ₹3,540
Digital Video Recorder GA3110K005 ₹7,230
Any other suggestions during the delivery stage are welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ganeshnag75 (Post 5059156)
DOOR EDGE PROTECTOR P61740K002A1 ₹850 - Aftermarket
REAR BIKE PROTECTOR P69630K002 ₹7,770 - Aftemarket
BUMPER CORNER PROTECTOR P61770K002 ₹870 - Aftermarket
MUD GUARD P63890K001A0 ₹2,110 - Check fit and finish of Aftermarket also
FLOOR MATS, FABRIC, PREMIUM (AT) P62100K004 ₹4,100 - Aftermarket
TRUNK MAT, FABRIC P62100K001 ₹480 - Dealer
CAR CUSHION PZ0100D621A0 ₹510 - Dealer/Aftermarket
3D FLOOR MAT AT P62100K00R ₹3,640 - Aftermarket
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System GA3110K004 ₹3,540 - Dealer/Aftermarket
Digital Video Recorder GA3110K005 ₹7,230 -Dealer/Aftermarket
Any other suggestions during the delivery stage are welcome.

For the TPMS and DVR rate seems ok , please check the make once before finalising