Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2021, 17:19   #2521
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Ordered Autobahn M3 Luxeon ZES 6500K for low beam and Osram LED 2880CW-02B for Parking Lamp. If Autobahn turns out to be good, will order the same for Fog lamps. However I am still not able to find a reliable 4200K led for High beam.
The M3 series HB3 does not seem like a clockable type unit. Ask seller if it has a clockable base and if not cancel this order because it most likely will not align properly within the reflector. Imho the R6 CSP model will be a better buy than the M3. I bought their F5 series HB3 & H11 which is a clockable type but does not seem to be available anymore probably due to import restrictions from China/Aliexpress.

For PIAA HB3 4000K (not 4200K) with Luxeon chip you can check with Air90 in Chennai, that is where I bought mine from.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 18:59   #2522
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I am looking to upgrade my Crysta 2.4 GX AT Headlamp
I recently purchased a 2.7GX MT and upgraded my high beam to Blaupkunt 6000K LED 35W.
  • This is a plug and play fit, takes a minute to remove the old bulb and put the new one in
  • It can also be aligned and hence possible to ensure that the chip is completely sideways
  • Comes with a 2 year warranty and bill

https://blaupunktcar.in/buy/blaupunk...6000K/H27/290/

The throw is amazing and it lights up the road supremely well. Even better than my BMW LEDs. Only got it replaced in the high beam and use it when needed as I feel it might be annoying for traffic coming from the opposite direction.

Will share the detailed pictures soon.
sid_deb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 22:50   #2523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
The M3 series HB3 does not seem like a clockable type unit.
Checked with the seller, the M3 series H11 for low beam I have ordered is fixed type. However he seemed confident that it will fit well with crysta. Either I cancel now and go for blaupunkt or Osram, both being adjustable or give autobahn a try once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
I recently purchased a 2.7GX MT and upgraded my high beam to Blaupkunt 6000K LED 35W.
Now I am loaded with choices; Blaupunkt, Osram, Philips. Thanks for sharing my dear. Will give them a try for high beam and fog lamps.
Old 9th March 2021, 23:16   #2524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Checked with the seller, the M3 series H11 for low beam I have ordered is fixed type. However he seemed confident that it will fit well with crysta. Either I cancel now and go for blaupunkt or Osram, both being adjustable or give autobahn a try once.
M3 H11 will not align vertical the low beams of Crysta. However they will perfectly align vertical in Crysta's fog lamp units

This is what I have in both high beams and low beams. Sold as Autobahn in Amzon here. These are brighter than the already bright Philips Xtreme Ultinons with even better beam cut off than Philips which was totally unexpected.

http://www.ledrefine.com/html_produc...ights-449.html
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 17:28   #2525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
M3 H11 will not align vertical the low beams of Crysta. However they will perfectly align vertical in Crysta's fog lamp units

This is what I have in both high beams and low beams. Sold as Autobahn in Amzon here. These are brighter than the already bright Philips Xtreme Ultinons with even better beam cut off than Philips which was totally unexpected.

http://www.ledrefine.com/html_produc...ights-449.html
Checked with the seller; this series is not available with them now. I have cancelled the order for M3 with them and placed ordered Blaupunkt 9x pro 6000K for high beam. Still undecided between Osram and Blaupunkt for low beam.
I am more inclined for Osram. Don't want to put all the eggs in one basket.

Cheers
Old 11th March 2021, 23:56   #2526

My Crysta ZX(2017) 2.8 DIESEL has now done 55k and is out of warranty. I am confused whether to get the 55k service done as Toyota recommends or skip it and get the car serviced at 60 k itself.

The reason for this dilemma is that my previous experiences with 5k service has been that it's only an inspection and no parts are changed or serviced. (I checked the manual it also mentions that 55k service is only an inspection)

The car runs totally fine and I keep regular checks on the fluids, brake pads, cleanliness of the air filter etc on my own.

Should I still consider sending in the vehicle for service (To get a professional opinion) or Get the car checked with our local mechanic or skip the services at 5k interval all together.

I don't know if it helps but Toyota has now increased the service interval for Facelift Innova crysta to 10k.
Old 12th March 2021, 08:49   #2527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayak648o View Post
My Crysta ZX(2017) 2.8 DIESEL has now done 55k and is out of warranty. I am confused whether to get the 55k service done as Toyota recommends or skip it and get the car serviced at 60 k itself.

The reason for this dilemma is that my previous experiences with 5k service has been that it's only an inspection and no parts are changed or serviced. (I checked the manual it also mentions that 55k service is only an inspection)

The car runs totally fine and I keep regular checks on the fluids, brake pads, cleanliness of the air filter etc on my own.

Should I still consider sending in the vehicle for service (To get a professional opinion) or Get the car checked with our local mechanic or skip the services at 5k interval all together.

I don't know if it helps but Toyota has now increased the service interval for Facelift Innova crysta to 10k.
Some of the dealers ask you to skip 5K service though Toyota recommends it. I know this is just inspection and fluids top up and can get irritating. If you plan to keep car for long and have time, you can get this done. Any faults, shortcomings will be noted. This is similar to your regular health checkup, there is no harm, you need to spend money and time but you get to know if you are keeping good or not.

Last edited by Sheel : 12th March 2021 at 09:23. Reason: u = you.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 09:39   #2528
Senior - BHPian

My Automatic G completed 55,555 km this morning.

At the end of 55k, I must say that the car still drives like new, feels new inside and I almost always can’t wait for my next highway run. 36 months of bliss.

I have a very minor scratch at the rear bumper caused by a rash impatient BMTC driver and a proper dent at the front bumper caused by a rock that a BMTC bus tyre flipped out of the road with its wheels. Barring these two sore sights, the car does look new.

I had the same thoughts as PrideRed. Spoke with the SA and asked if it’s ok that I’ll get the car for the 60K service and he was fine.

Edit: Picture taken at an absolutely desolate road this morning. Should have stopped for the click though.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-9f91ada5850c41c28e78de326a3a4883.jpeg  

Last edited by jkrishnakj : 12th March 2021 at 09:42. Reason: Edit : Added the edit line
jkrishnakj is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 11:27   #2529
BHPian

Had a question regarding soot build-up. I drive the 2019 Innova (20,000 km old) 2.4 VX MT and had switched to Toyota's synthetic oil at 10k km. I realized that, off late, I've been idling the engine more frequently than before which explains my worry of soot build-up.

I'd soon send in the vehicle for it's 20k km service but I'm not aware of any oil change activity done at this interval.

Do you think the synthetic oil would still be doing its part-time job of dispersing soot particles or should I be worried?
Old 18th March 2021, 20:51   #2530
BHPian

Hello,

I've been looking into the used Crysta market for 3 months now. There is certainly a big premium out there. I've been offered a 2018 V with 92K km on the odo. The car is immaculate and I've checked it out with Toyota maintenance.

My concern is does it make sense to buy a +90K km Crysta? My usage wont be more than 13/14K km per year. Crysta is preferred as it checks all boxes and I intend to keep it atleast for another 7/8 years.

thanks!
Old 18th March 2021, 21:13   #2531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesaber View Post
I've been offered a 2018 V with 92K km on the odo.
With any Toyota, don't bother about the kms run. Just look at the years. 92k is nothing for a Toyota. It's built to last for 4-6 lakhs kms easily. This rule applies more so with their ladder on frames like the Innova and fortuner.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 16:44   #2532
BHPian

Hi all, after a long 1 year wait in search of a good upgrade to my Duster and with 25 big ones in budget I finally had to go for the Crysta as no other car just met all the requirements and yet felt like an upgrade from the Duster.

Cars like Creta felt a downgrade in terms of space, likes of Harriers/Safari/new XUV are just too new from Indian manufactures and I could not have stretched up to the range of Fortunner/Endy etc.

Here are some pics of my new car, Facelift version, Z variant AT. Loving everything till now and hopefully will write a review in similar lines to https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...es-report.html (My Renault Duster 110 BHP RXL. EDIT: 25000 kms, Phase 2 accessories report)

For now though, I had a question to those who own the new facelift BS6 version. There is a feature where all doors will automatically unlock if the driver door is opened within 45 seconds of stopping the car. But I am not able to enable it as per page 120 in the manual (see pic). And more shockingly even Toyota service could not activate it when I went in for my first service couple days back.

Any one was able to enable this? Otherwise its frustrating that if I move the gear to P it does not unlock automatically (which is ideal and happens in my Baleno also) and not even if the driver has gotten out also. I go out and try to open the passenger door only to realize its still locked and have to go back in and unlock manually and come back.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20210225_141237.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20210319_163355.jpg  

suchit23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 17:57   #2533
BHPian

Okay guys, I'd asked this around elsewhere on TeamBHP but couldn't procure an answer. Since it's closely tied to my 2019 Innova (19,000 km old, 2.4 L MT), posting here could be wise.

A bit about my driving
Ever since I started driving this car, I've consistently mapped the RPMs to fallback RPMs across all gears and conventional speeds to ensure my shifts are seamless: so much so that I realize, for the most part, after a gear shift (up with rev match or down with heel toe) I just slip my leg off the clutch forthright every other time without even the slightest jerk. I top out at 80 kmph on highways and the FE is ~16-17 kmpL.

The question
Given the power band (starting at 1400 revs) for this car, when I shift 2-3 at around 1800-1900 revs, the fall back (on gear-3) is ~1200 revs which is below the the lower bound of the power band. Is this the right thing to do? I usually don't punch the revs beyond 2000 revs (maybe it's just on the ghats) especially because the ECO light flips off making me queasy (psst. I can change myself).

Also, if the engine is supposed to be happy only within the power band, isn't it meaningless that the ECO indicator ticks off at anything > 2000 revs since it's then not possible that, after an upshift, the fallback RPM is within the powerband?
theGeekyLad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 21:36   #2534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post

What could be better
  • Its not the individual braking but the combination of not having a projector headlamp that can show me speed breakers / obstructions from a long distance clubbed with sudden braking on a body on frame setup leaps everyone forward made it a little more inconvenient. I am sure those who have projector headlamp setup would not have this problem.
Good headlight is one of my criteria.

To all "Crysta" gurus, to help me decide on the variants:
  1. How good is the reflector setup of GX
  2. Can the headlight from VX be fitted onto GX
Old 26th March 2021, 11:35   #2535

Re: Toyota Innova Touring Sport removed from the Crysta’s Indian Line-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Great, instead of making the 6speed manual standard across the range, they have taken out the only variant having it!
Then again, most who stretch for the Touring Sport used to go for the automatic.
Maybe something to do with the facelifted Innova launched in Indonesia?

One of those rare touring sport owner. Bought it solely for the 6 speed MT & IMT. Best cruising experience and mileage ( 15 Kmpl on highways speed). Touring sport AT didn't make sense. One would have rather bought a Zx. Sad that Toyota discontinued it.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210326-10.00.46.jpeg  

manojseb is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks